Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
The subject isn't Arabia or tapline or how to deal effectively with the Saudis so how would that matter even if true? The subject is the Iraq war and I have considerable knowledge about that. The fact is we went there in part to protect Saudi Arabia and got slightly bloody doing so.

Saddam was no threat to KSA. Saudi Arabia had forgiven Iraq's OPEC quota debt. ..Kuwait had NOT.

Cheney lied to the King.

FACT: …… asked whether Saudi Arabia would allow more US troops to be placed on Saudi soil, the foreign minister replied, "under the present circumstances

!!!! with no proof that there is a threat imminent from Iraq,!!!!!!

I do not think Saudi Arabia will join in".: Prince Saud Alfaysal, Saudi Arabia's foreign minister in 2003.

LIE CONTRARY TO THE ABOVE FACT:
The fact is we went there in part to protect Saudi Arabia and got slightly bloody doing so.

Not in 2003. You are such a liar.,

The Saudis were a huge part of the UN Authorized war to liberate Kuwait in 1991. You are a liar. You know nothing about The Iraq War 2003 - 2011 to find WMD.

*** In an interview, Prince Saud Alfaysal, Saudi Arabia's foreign minister when asked whether Saudi Arabia would allow more US troops to be placed on Saudi soil, the foreign minister replied, "under the present circumstances with no proof that there is a threat imminent from Iraq, I do not think Saudi Arabia will join in".[40]

It was also eventually learned that a high-ranking Saudi prince had been at the White House on the day that the Iraq war began, and Bush administration officials told the prince to alert his government that the initial phase of the war had begun, hours before missiles first landed in Baghdad. Officially, Saudi Arabia wished to see Saddam Hussein and the Ba'ath regime go, but feared the aftermath.[41] As the US invasion of Iraq became inevitable, the question of whether Saudi Arabia wanted the Baath regime replaced by a pro-Western government "pumping oil in greater quantities than Saudi Arabia" posed a dilemma for the Saudi government.[42]

Furthermore, Saudi Arabia worried about the possibility of an Iraqi Shia pro-Iranian government installed at its doorstep, following the demise of Saddam's Sunni regime. On 4 November 2002, Faysal told CNN that Saudi Arabia would not allow US use of Saudi facilities to invade Iraq. Moreover, in the same month, during a televised address on Saudi television, Crown Prince Abdullah insisted that "our armed forces will not, under no circumstances, step one foot into Iraqi territory".***

Give us a break with the lies will ya. I’m tired if searching for the truth because you obviously cannot.

FACT: …… asked whether Saudi Arabia would allow more US troops to be placed on Saudi soil, the foreign minister replied, "under the present circumstances

I do not think Saudi Arabia will join in".: Prince Saud Alfaysal, Saudi Arabia's foreign minister in 2003.

LIE CONTRARY TO THE ABOVE FACT:

Not in 2003. You are such a liar.,

The Saudis were a huge part of the UN Authorized war to liberate Kuwait in 1991. You are a liar. You know nothing about The Iraq War 2003 - 2011 to find WMD.

*** In an interview, Prince Saud Alfaysal, Saudi Arabia's foreign minister when asked whether Saudi Arabia would allow more US troops to be placed on Saudi soil, the foreign minister replied, "under the present circumstances with no proof that there is a threat imminent from Iraq, I do not think Saudi Arabia will join in".[40]

It was also eventually learned that a high-ranking Saudi prince had been at the White House on the day that the Iraq war began, and Bush administration officials told the prince to alert his government that the initial phase of the war had begun, hours before missiles first landed in Baghdad. Officially, Saudi Arabia wished to see Saddam Hussein and the Ba'ath regime go, but feared the aftermath.[41] As the US invasion of Iraq became inevitable, the question of whether Saudi Arabia wanted the Baath regime replaced by a pro-Western government "pumping oil in greater quantities than Saudi Arabia" posed a dilemma for the Saudi government.[42]

Furthermore, Saudi Arabia worried about the possibility of an Iraqi Shia pro-Iranian government installed at its doorstep, following the demise of Saddam's Sunni regime. On 4 November 2002, Faysal told CNN that Saudi Arabia would not allow US use of Saudi facilities to invade Iraq. Moreover, in the same month, during a televised address on Saudi television, Crown Prince Abdullah insisted that "our armed forces will not, under no circumstances, step one foot into Iraqi territory".***

Give us a break with the lies will ya. I’m tired if searching for the truth because you obviously cannot.

What high ranking Saudi Prince? Does he have a name?

Everyone who pays taxes supported the war in Iraq.

You are obviously an idiot. I pay a lot of taxes and I supported the 1991 war to liberate Kuwait. I opposed the Johnson and Nixon police action in Vietnam. I Supported the war in Afghanistan. But I vehemently opposed the idea that it was necessary to invade Iraq when peaceful inspections were on the verge of finding the same result - no wmd - that four months if Blitzkrieg Shock and Awe found out when the body bag sales started going up.

We patriotic Americans didn’t blame the troops just because W lied and made a fucked up decision to break Iraq and own it. So of course some of my taxes went to pay the ones sent to cleanup W’s irresponsible war of aggression turned quagmire. I never supported that dumbass civilian’s stupid war..It never should have been started.

Last edited:
You are obviously an idiot. I pay a lot of taxes and I supported the 1991 war to liberate Kuwait. I opposed the Johnson and Nixon police action in Vietnam. I Supported the war in Afghanistan. But I vehemently opposed the idea that it was necessary to invade Iraq when peaceful inspections were on the verge of finding the same result - no wmd - that four months if Blitzkrieg Shock and Awe found out when the body bag sales started going up.

We patriotic Americans didn’t blame the troops just because W lied and made a fucked up decision to break Iraq and own it. So of course some of my taxes went to pay the ones sent to cleanup W’s irresponsible war of aggression turned quagmire. I never supported that dumbass civilian’s stupid war..It never should have been started.

You payed for it, you own it.

What high ranking Saudi Prince? Does he have a name?

Prince Saud Alfaysal,

The Prince who was in the White House was Prince Bandar. That’s from pure memory.

Last edited:
You payed for it, you own it.

You own being an idiot. You are stupid.

Do you support what W did? Trump says W lied us into war. I can’t own what a President lied about to make it happen.

I paid to give our troops a chance to fix what lyin li’l Dubya broke. We had no choice because real terrorists came from outside Iraq due to the vacuum that W created. it was a mess. I opposed going in? Did you?

You own being an idiot. You are stupid.

Do you support what W did? Trump says W lied us into war. I can’t own what a President lied about to make it happen.

I paid to give our troops a chance to fix what lyin li’l Dubya broke. We had no choice because real terrorists came from outside Iraq due to the vacuum that W created. it was a mess. I opposed going in? Did you?
If you break it, you own it.

Saddam was no threat to KSA. Saudi Arabia had forgiven Iraq's OPEC quota debt. ..Kuwait had NOT.

Cheney lied to the King.

Oral History - Richard Cheney | The Gulf War | FRONTLINE | PBS
Cheney: When King Fahd said that he was prepared to accept our proposition, I was pleased, obviously. That was something that was very important to achieve but, secondly, I also had a sense that ...
What can of rationale do you use to claim that Saddam's strike across the border into SA was not an obvious threat? It was not only a threat it was an act of war.

Link:
I told King Fahd that the Iraqis were amassed on his border and we briefed him on the intelligence in terms of the size of the force that the Iraqis had already used in Kuwait.
This seems to be what you to try use to claim he lied. But this was perfectly reasonable given when the meeting took place as he explained next:

Pointed out that it was very hard for us to be able to help them unless we could get plenty of advance time 'cos it takes a long time to move heavy forces half way around the world and that timing was of the essence. That they did not have the luxury of waiting until Saddam began an invasion of Saudi Arabia and then ask for help because then it would be too late.

SA thought Saddam had plans to take SA's oil fields (along with the Country) as they just had in Kuwait. Chaney was right in what he told the King and he was believed and an agreement to host American troops was reached. Had he not agreed there would have been no American troops defending SA's territory when the Iraqis attempted their incursion.

Last edited:
The Battle of Khafji was the first major ground engagement of the Gulf War. It took place in and around the Saudi Arabian city of Khafji, from 29 January to 1 February 1991 and marked the culmination of the Coalition's air campaign over Kuwait and Iraq, which had begun on 17 January 1991.
Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, who had already tried and failed to draw Coalition troops into costly ground engagements by shelling Saudi Arabian positions and oil storage tanks and firing Scud surface-to-surface missiles at Israel, ordered the invasion of Saudi Arabia from southern Kuwait. The 1st and 5th Mechanized Divisions and 3rd Armored Division were ordered to conduct a multi-pronged invasion toward Khafji, engaging Saudi Arabian, Kuwaiti, and U.S. forces along the coastline, with a supporting Iraqi commando force ordered to infiltrate further south by sea and harass the Coalition's rear.[4]

These three divisions, which had been heavily damaged by Coalition aircraft in the preceding days, attacked on 29 January. Most of their attacks were repulsed by U.S. Marines as well as U.S. Army Rangers and Coalition aircraft, but one of the Iraqi columns occupied Khafji on the night of 29–30 January. Between 30 January and 1 February, two Saudi Arabian National Guard battalions and two Qatari tank companies attempted to retake control of the city, aided by Coalition aircraft and U.S. artillery. By 1 February, the city had been recaptured at the cost of 43 Coalition servicemen dead and 52 wounded. Iraqi Army fatalities numbered between 60 and 300, while an estimated 400 were captured as prisoners of war.
Although the invasion of Khafji was initially a propaganda victory for the Ba'athist Iraqi regime, it was swiftly recaptured by Coalition forces. The battle demonstrated the ability of air power to support ground forces.

What can of rationale do you use to claim that Saddam's strike across the border into SA was not an obvious threat? It was not only a threat it was an act of war.

Link:
I told King Fahd that the Iraqis were amassed on his border and we briefed him on the intelligence in terms of the size of the force that the Iraqis had already used in Kuwait.
This seems to be what you to try use to claim he lied. But this was perfectly reasonable given when the meeting took place as he explained next:

Pointed out that it was very hard for us to be able to help them unless we could get plenty of advance time 'cos it takes a long time to move heavy forces half way around the world and that timing was of the essence. That they did not have the luxury of waiting until Saddam began an invasion of Saudi Arabia and then ask for help because then it would be too late.

SA thought Saddam had plans to take SA's oil fields (along with the Country) as they just had in Kuwait. Chaney was right in what he told the King and he was believed and an agreement to host American troops was reached. Had he not agreed there would have been no American troops defending SA's territory when the Iraqis attempted their incursion.

KSA NEVER believed Saddam was going to take the Saudi oilfields.. That is about the more assinine project the ignorant could make.

Once the war began Saddam did lob a few SCUDs into Arabia and did zero damage.

They weren't defending Saudi territory .. They were staging their invasion of Iraq as economically as possible.

Cheney also told the SAG that the Americans would leave as soon as their mission was accomplished.. They stayed 13 years ad had to be asked to leave.

The US made KSA party to a frivilious, totally unneccessary war of aggression.

The Iraqis were NOT amassed on the Saudi border.

Cheney should have staged his invasion of Iraq from Israel.

KSA NEVER believed Saddam was going to take the Saudi oilfields.. That is about the more assinine project the ignorant could make.

Once the war began Saddam did lob a few SCUDs into Arabia and did zero damage.

They weren't defending Saudi territory .. They were staging their invasion of Iraq as economically as possible.

Cheney also told the SAG that the Americans would leave as soon as their mission was accomplished.. They stayed 13 years ad had to be asked to leave.

The US made KSA party to a frivilious, totally unneccessary war of aggression.

The Iraqis were NOT amassed on the Saudi border.

Cheney should have staged his invasion of Iraq from Israel.
You are delusional and in denial of recorded history.
Are you unable to read?
Again:
The Battle of Khafji was the first major ground engagement of the Gulf War. It took place in and around the Saudi Arabian city of Khafji, from 29 January to 1 February 1991 and marked the culmination of the Coalition's air campaign over Kuwait and Iraq, which had begun on 17 January 1991.
Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, who had already tried and failed to draw Coalition troops into costly ground engagements by shelling Saudi Arabian positions and oil storage tanks and firing Scud surface-to-surface missiles at Israel, ordered the invasion of Saudi Arabia from southern Kuwait. The 1st and 5th Mechanized Divisions and 3rd Armored Division were ordered to conduct a multi-pronged invasion toward Khafji, engaging Saudi Arabian, Kuwaiti, and U.S. forces along the coastline, with a supporting Iraqi commando force ordered to infiltrate further south by sea and harass the Coalition's rear.[4]

These three divisions, which had been heavily damaged by Coalition aircraft in the preceding days, attacked on 29 January. Most of their attacks were repulsed by U.S. Marines as well as U.S. Army Rangers and Coalition aircraft, but one of the Iraqi columns occupied Khafji on the night of 29–30 January. Between 30 January and 1 February, two Saudi Arabian National Guard battalions and two Qatari tank companies attempted to retake control of the city, aided by Coalition aircraft and U.S. artillery. By 1 February, the city had been recaptured at the cost of 43 Coalition servicemen dead and 52 wounded. Iraqi Army fatalities numbered between 60 and 300, while an estimated 400 were captured as prisoners of war.
Although the invasion of Khafji was initially a propaganda victory for the Ba'athist Iraqi regime, it was swiftly recaptured by Coalition forces. The battle demonstrated the ability of air power to support ground forces.

Iraq not only threatened and massed on the border it invaded and captured a SA city. In 1991. Only a purebred idiot would think that an invading army does not pose a threat.

You are delusional and in denial of recorded history.
Are you unable to read?
Again:

Iraq not only threatened and massed on the border it invaded and captured a SA city. In 1991. Only a purebred idiot would think that an invading army does not pose a threat.

Yes, I know Khafji.. Its on the Kuwaiti border. Been there. There's been an oil camp there since 1960.

The Iraqis occupied the town overnight I believe.

Yes, I know Khafji.. Its on the Kuwaiti border. Been there. There's been an oil camp there since 1960.

The Iraqis occupied the town overnight I believe.
If you knew that how can you claim Saddam's Iraq was not a threat to SA? They weren't there long because they got their ass handed to them.

Casualties and losses
Iraqi claims:
4 helicopters shot down
30 tanks destroyed
58 APCs destroyed
13 APCs captured
Coalition estimate:
43 killed
52 wounded
2 captured[2][3]
9–12 armoured vehicles lost
1 AC-130 shot down
Iraqi claims:
71 killed
148 wounded
702 missing
186 armoured vehicles destroyed
Coalition estimate:
60–300 killed
400 captured
90 armoured vehicles destroyed[2][3]
1626785908820.png

If you knew that how can you claim Saddam's Iraq was not a threat to SA? They weren't there long because they got their ass handed to them.

Casualties and losses
Iraqi claims:
4 helicopters shot down
30 tanks destroyed
58 APCs destroyed
13 APCs captured
Coalition estimate:
43 killed
52 wounded
2 captured[2][3]
9–12 armoured vehicles lost
1 AC-130 shot down
Iraqi claims:
71 killed
148 wounded
702 missing
186 armoured vehicles destroyed
Coalition estimate:
60–300 killed
400 captured
90 armoured vehicles destroyed[2][3]
View attachment 514826

Shooing the Iraqis out of Kuwait was enough...even though the Saudis and everyone else knew the Kuwaitis were in the wrong.

Forum List

Back