Did Trump Lawyers Make A Mistake Or Did They Set A Trap For The Racist DA And Judge?

Lol, what high value antiques is the right wing media claiming came with mar a Lago?
I've never seen a financial but Mrs. Post was a collector of the rare and valuable.

Assessor valuations are of zero import for purposes of actual value.

Yet mar a Lago accepted that value.

There is no chance that the judge wasn’t aware of the fact that a county assessor “valuation” is not a valid basis for determining actual value. Tax assessment valuations are predicated on many factors; and are just for tax purposes.

But the assessed value and market value are typically relatively close...within 20 percent.

What we saw here was over valuation by thousands of percent.

But for the judge to claim that the big difference in valuations constitutes any evidence of fraud is absolutely ridiculous. It’s absurd. And it shows the judge’s bias.
How is the difference in valuations, especially if that scale, not evidence?

I've never seen a financial but Mrs. Post was a collector of the rare and valuable.
Those types of things are included in the valuation.

Claiming his house is full of valuable and that is why he overvalued by over 1000 percent is laughable.

"Donald Trump has attacked the New York State Supreme Court judge presiding over his $250 million civil fraud trial as a Democratic “politician” on a quest to financially ruin him. But the judge on Monday noted that it’s the former president's fault that the case is being tried without a jury. Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron noted that “nobody asked for” a jury trial. Earlier this year, New York Attorney Letitia James filed a form with a checkmark next to the field: “Trial without a jury.” Trump’s legal team didn’t file a corresponding form, and the former president may have regretted his lawyer’s inaction ever since.

Trump lashed out against him extensively at a makeshift press conference outside the courtroom, calling for Engoron to be “investigated for what he's done is undervaluing these properties.” Trump habitually attacks the judges who rule against him, filing failed motions to recuse the judges presiding over his federal election-interference case and his hush-money prosecution in New York. Former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman, now the host of the Talking Feds podcast, said that Trump’s legal team has only itself to blame for the bench trial."

If true, this may seem like a mistake by his lawyers, but since Trump has the most accomplished and expert legal team assembled in modern history, something tells me that something else is at play. First, why did the racist DA mark "trial without jury" -- what was she trying to do? why is she afraid to have this be a trial by jury?

Could this be a brilliant move by Trump's lawyers to expose the racist DA and radical leftist judge? By this being a trial by judge, this makes it easier for Trump to file an appeal based on the radical leftist agenda of the judge and a racist DA - both who are woking in a conspiracy against Trump - under the command of Soros and Biden...I mean, Trump would have claimed this whether it is a jury trial or not, but it sounds better to believe this was part of Trump's 4D chess strategy than to believe he hired incompetent attorneys. Since he only hires the best people, obviously.

You sound really racist.

Those types of things are included in the valuation.

Claiming his house is full of valuable and that is why he overvalued by over 1000 percent is laughable.
There have been no valuations presented. Not even those made at the time.

Yet mar a Lago accepted that value

For purposes of a tax assessment. Yes. So what?
But the assessed value and market value are typically relatively close...within 20 percent.
Really? Link? And in that particular area? My old home was valued much differently by the county assessor in my old blue state than its actual retail value. Nobody went by the tax assessor valuation for anything except county taxes.
What we saw here was over valuation by thousands of percent.
Nope. We saw a county tax assessment only.
How is the difference in valuations, especially if that scale, not evidence?
It’s not evidence because like, like the judge did, you conflate the purposes of the differing valuations.

Wtf do you know about the valuations of tax assessors in that part of Florida anyway?

Also, if a tax assessor is very very wrong but is wrong in my favor (for tax purposes), what possible incentive would I have to challenge his or her assessment?

There have been no valuations presented. Not even those made at the time.
Their was an evaluation of 26 million in 2020.

Trump challenged it, saying it was too high.

"When the Palm Beach County Tax Assessor applied a $26.6 million valuation in 2020, Trump argued the property was valued at far less as he had always done with that property. The Mar-A-Lago property is encumbered with a “trust for historical preservation” in a 2002 deed where Trump agreed “to forever extinguish his right to develop or use the Property for any purpose other than club use.”

Their was an evaluation of 26 million in 2020.

Trump challenged it, saying it was too high.

"When the Palm Beach County Tax Assessor applied a $26.6 million valuation in 2020, Trump argued the property was valued at far less as he had always done with that property. The Mar-A-Lago property is encumbered with a “trust for historical preservation” in a 2002 deed where Trump agreed “to forever extinguish his right to develop or use the Property for any purpose other than club use.”

When you realize at the end of the day, Trumpers wouldn't care if Trump literally robbed nuns at gunpoint, you will understand there is no point in trying to appeal the the logic of a Trumper.....they know he is guilty, but he hates the same people they hate, and that is all that matters

The judge’s “valuation” of Mar a Lago, alone, shows that the judge isn’t up to the task.
Huh?

The Judge in his decision stated that Trump inflated his true net worth in annual financial statements by billions of dollars.

“In defendants’ world: rent regulated apartments are worth the same as unregulated apartments; restricted land is worth the same as unrestricted land; restrictions can evaporate into thin air; a disclaimer by one party casting responsibility on another party exonerates the other party’s lies,” Engoron wrote.

“That is a fantasy world, not the real world.”

Like I said, as long as Trump and others realize how willfully ignorant and depraved their core voters are, there is no need to even try to be connected to reality....

I have seen Trumpers on here twist themselves into pretzels to claim Trump didn't do what he is accused of...and what happened right after court -- Trump claims his property is worth 1.5 billion.......which would make it the most expensive piece of property in the history of the country.....and only a moron would believe that...

He is literally on camera admitting to the very thing he is in court for...

"Donald Trump has attacked the New York State Supreme Court judge presiding over his $250 million civil fraud trial as a Democratic “politician” on a quest to financially ruin him. But the judge on Monday noted that it’s the former president's fault that the case is being tried without a jury. Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron noted that “nobody asked for” a jury trial. Earlier this year, New York Attorney Letitia James filed a form with a checkmark next to the field: “Trial without a jury.” Trump’s legal team didn’t file a corresponding form, and the former president may have regretted his lawyer’s inaction ever since.

Trump lashed out against him extensively at a makeshift press conference outside the courtroom, calling for Engoron to be “investigated for what he's done is undervaluing these properties.” Trump habitually attacks the judges who rule against him, filing failed motions to recuse the judges presiding over his federal election-interference case and his hush-money prosecution in New York. Former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman, now the host of the Talking Feds podcast, said that Trump’s legal team has only itself to blame for the bench trial."

If true, this may seem like a mistake by his lawyers, but since Trump has the most accomplished and expert legal team assembled in modern history, something tells me that something else is at play. First, why did the racist DA mark "trial without jury" -- what was she trying to do? why is she afraid to have this be a trial by jury?

Could this be a brilliant move by Trump's lawyers to expose the racist DA and radical leftist judge? By this being a trial by judge, this makes it easier for Trump to file an appeal based on the radical leftist agenda of the judge and a racist DA - both who are woking in a conspiracy against Trump - under the command of Soros and Biden...I mean, Trump would have claimed this whether it is a jury trial or not, but it sounds better to believe this was part of Trump's 4D chess strategy than to believe he hired incompetent attorneys. Since he only hires the best people, obviously.
Only the best people. Trump's bestest lawyers didn't request a jury trial. Now Trump is at the mercy of an unhinged judge

This isn't a trial. This is a motion for summary judgment. No jury. That's not the red flag. The red flag is that the judge is making his own assessment of the value of the property without his being an expert in property valuation. Second red flag is that he refused to allow any appraisals or valuations into evidence.
Trump is way more experienced with lawfare than this leftard judge.

The judge’s decision quotes what Trump allegedly valued the property at, you asshole.
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/trump-judges-ruling/ce6de7d636227e1b/full.pdf. (See page 26.)

Since my “claim” is a fact, you fuckstick, it couldn’t possibly be a lie. But your claim is itself a lie. No surprise.
The judge cites what the county valued it at and what Trump valued it at.

The judge did not make a determination of what it was valued at.

Only that Trump did not provide an accurate fair market determination.

Forum List

Back