3600 year old arrow found in mint condition...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Melting ice has revealed a 36 hundred year old arrow complete with three feather fletchings, quartzite arrowhead and birch shaft in Norway

An amazing discovery...

Last edited:
Cool story bro.

I'm happy to have done my part (with an ungodly carbon footprint), to make this happen.

newsom-meme-1536x889.jpg

Melting ice has revealed a 36 hundred year old arrow complete with three feather fletchings, quartzite arrowhead and birch shaft in Norway

An amazing discovery...

The arrow was probably dropped by the person in their final days on earth. It was so hot back then, people were dying like flies.

An amazing discovery...

The ice is melting so fast that things like this are being found. But there’s no global warming, they say.

An amazing discovery...

Its amazing to me how far and wide the invention of the bow traveled. I dont understand how that could happen so long ago, before anyone had ships.

...and before anyone suggests that humans all over the world independently came up with the same exact technology, that is preposterous. There is no fucking way that could happen. The "bow and arrow" is not a techolnology that all humans will inevitably invent. Its not hardwired in our DNA.

Last edited:
Its amazing to me how far and wide the invention of the bow traveled. I dont understand how that could happen so long ago, before anyone had ships.

...and before anyone suggests that humans all over the world independently came up with the same exact technology, that is preposterous. There is no fucking way that could happen. The "bow and arrow" is not an techolnology that all humans will inevitably invent. Its not like its hardwired in our DNA.
The vikings had ships then. And considering they were travelers and raiders, there is no telling who they got the idea from.
What about pyramids? They are all over the world

My theory is that humans were all on the same land mass at one point, then we had continental shifts that separated humans by water, but everyone still kept making bows and arrows, despite being separated.
The last continental drift aka plate tectonics, concluded around 50-40 million years ago - showing the continents as we know them today (yes they are still moving).
The earliest archeological findings for Bow and arrow are dated around 10,000 B.C. - flint-stone heads can be dated to around 50,000 B.C, whereby those flint-stone heads provide no exclusive evidence that they were used for arrows - but rather spears.
Upper Paleolithic cave drawings in a cave in Spain or those of Magura Cave in Bulgaria,- dated at around 15,000 - 10,000 B.C. show people armed with bows fighting each other.

It is therefore reasonable to suggest that Bow and arrow came into use world-wide (except Australia) at around 15,000 - to 10,000 BC.

Last edited:
The last continental drift aka plate tectonics, concluded around 50-40 million years ago - showing the continents as we know them today (yes they are still moving).
The earliest archeological findings for Bow and arrow are dated around 10,000 B.C. - flint-stone heads can be dated to around 50,000 B.C, whereby those flint-stone heads provide no exclusive evidence that they were used for arrows - but rather spears.
Upper Paleolithic cave drawings in a cave in Spain or those of Magura Cave in Bulgaria,- dated at around 15,000 - 10,000 B.C. show people armed with bows fighting each other.

It is therefore reasonable to suggest that Bow and arrow came into use world-wide (except Australia) at around 15,000 - to 10,000 BC.
The oldest bows that weve found may only be that old, but that doesnt mean they didnt exist before then. Wood rots, so you arent going to find many old bows.

"Lucy" was previously the oldest known skeleton, then recently they discovered some bones that are a million years older then Lucy.

The oldest bows that weve found may only be that old, but that doesnt mean they didnt exist before then. Wood rots, so you arent going to find many old bows.

"Lucy" was previously the oldest known skeleton, then recently they discovered some bones that are a million years older then Lucy.
Lucy didn't exist e.g. 40 million years ago - so as to stem from an "original" homo sapiens group that supposedly started to travel some 50 million years ago.
And what does an ape like, 1m tall creature like "Ardi" have to do with a homo sapiens, sapiens - not to mention a neolithic human that existed some 15000 years ago?

Last edited:
Lucy didn't exist e.g. 40 million years ago - so as to stem from an "original" homo sapiens group that supposedly started to travel some 50 million years ago.
And what does an ape like, 1m tall creature have to do with a homo sapiens, sapiens - not to mention a neolithic human that existed some 15000 years ago?
It seems likely that humans got the technology from their acestral cousins that existed long before them.

Forum List

Back