Did These Conservative Justices Just Betray America???

"The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected the radical argument brought forward in the controversial case of Moore v. Harper that state legislatures have the sole power to draw congressional district maps and set election law. The independent state legislature theory that Republicans in the North Carolina legislature wanted the court to adopt would give state courts no ability to rule on gerrymandered maps or other election laws that may run afoul of their respective state constitution. State legislatures, themselves often gerrymandered to give one party majority control, would then have free rein to draw congressional maps and set election laws without judicial checks and balances.

The court rejected this theory in a 6-3 decision written by Chief Justice John Roberts; Justices Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett, Elena Kagan, Sonia Sotomayor and Ketanji Brown Jackson joined Roberts’ opinion. Justices Samuel Alito, Clarence Thomas and Neil Gorsuch dissented. “We are asked to decide whether the Elections Clause carves out an exception to this basic principle. We hold that it does not,” Roberts wrote. “The Elections Clause does not insulate state legislatures from the ordinary exercise of state judicial review.” This ruling is a resounding rejection of the far-right theory that has been peddled by election deniers and extremists seeking to undermine our democracy," Obama said."

Did Roberts, Barrett and Kavanaugh just betray America by siding with the Communist Democrats on what could be one of the most important Supreme Court cases in 100 years?? Do these people not know what they are doing? With this independent state legislature theory being struck down, that is going to make it harder for "real Americans" to win elections in the future...Do they want more insurrections? Because that is what is going to happen if we keep seeing these communist-marxist-transgender-pedophile Democrats win election after election. John Roberts basically agreed with Obama? Is he insane? Obama is a Kenyan Muslim terrorist who has destroyed our country; he knows nothing about the Constitution - and we have a Chief Justice that has sided with him?

Well, Bush did nominate this guy, so maybe we should have known then what type of radical Marxist, John Roberts would turn out to be. If red and purple states aren't able to overturn election results they don't like - how can they possibly win the White House in the future? Instead of storming the Capitol, maybe those J6 patriots should have stormed the Supreme Court.

Yes, they did.

You have to wonder when you're on the same side as an imbecile who doesn't know what a woman is

Because they thought it was their best chance to stop the Feds from running elections across the nation.

They were wrong.
That isn't what the case was about, but I understand why you felt like lying about it...I would lie too if I didn't want to reveal just how fascist I am...

This is what the case was about.....funny how you folks are dancing all around the truth....

"The theory was at the heart of former President Donald Trump’s effort to overturn his loss in the 2020 election and led directly to the Jan. 6 insurrection. Trump turned to the independent state legislature theory in arguing that state legislatures could submit competing slates of electoral votes in favor of him to Congress ahead of the Jan. 6 counting of the votes. When no legislature did this, Trump and his lawyer John Eastman got GOP electors to submit fake slates in their bid to get then-Vice President Mike Pence to declare the result in key states contested and not count their votes."

Not "some people" -- right-wingers....

And when you dumb asses take a legal theory pushed by right-wingers and say "they should be glad they lost, because that is what Democrats wanted to do" -- then yes, you are projecting bullshit rightwingers tried to do on liberals....as usual...
yes they would be "some people" geez...

you? I never supported the theory that Courts don't have Judicial Review...what the F are you talking about? Do you have some sort of learning disability?

All they are saying is that the Elections Clause doesn't relieve the legislature from court review of redistricting proposals. I agree. Here is the clause -

Section 4 Congress
Clause 1 Elections Clause
The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

The Reps should be relieved by this as Dems are way better at exploiting these things than Reps.

Where does it say "Court review" there. I must need glasses

Where does it say "Court review" there. I must need glasses
the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

yes they would be "some people" geez...

you? I never supported the theory that Courts don't have Judicial Review...what the F are you talking about? Do you have some sort of learning disability?
Oh yes you did support that theory...do you know how I know you do?

Because not one time did you morons oppose Trump when he tried to carry out this bullshit legal theory in real time...

do you folks really think you are going to gaslight your way out of this??

"The theory was at the heart of former President Donald Trump’s effort to overturn his loss in the 2020 election and led directly to the Jan. 6 insurrection. Trump turned to the independent state legislature theory in arguing that state legislatures could submit competing slates of electoral votes in favor of him to Congress ahead of the Jan. 6 counting of the votes. When no legislature did this, Trump and his lawyer John Eastman got GOP electors to submit fake slates in their bid to get then-Vice President Mike Pence to declare the result in key states contested and not count their votes."

I made a few posts about this fake elector scheme -- and I don't recall any of you morons condemning it...so fuck what you talking about now...

Oh yes you did support that theory...do you know how I know you do?

Because not one time did you morons oppose Trump when he tried to carry out this bullshit legal theory in real time...

do you folks really think you are going to gaslight your way out of this??

I made a few posts about this fake elector scheme -- and I don't recall any of you morons condemning it...so fuck what you talking about now...
hahah show me where I did? Was Trump a party to this lawsuit? hahaha

Not "some people" -- right-wingers....

And when you dumb asses take a legal theory pushed by right-wingers and say "they should be glad they lost, because that is what Democrats wanted to do" -- then yes, you are projecting bullshit rightwingers tried to do on liberals....as usual...
Just know that no matter how many right wingers you oppress and throw in jail and steal elections from, and shoot dead in cold blood, they will always sleep under your bed at night regardless.

hahah show me where I did? Was Trump a party to this lawsuit? hahaha
The legal theory was based on the fake elector scheme you dunce....

Again, do you morons think you are going to be able to gaslight your way out of this??

And can you tell me why its only right-wingers who are butthurt about this ruling?

Like the high volume of butthurt I am seeing on this other thread....

Just know that no matter how many right wingers you oppress and throw in jail and steal elections from, and shoot dead in cold blood, they will always sleep under your bed at night regardless.
Instead of hurling your sissified reactionary hyperbolic fantasies at me -- how about you address a single thing I asked...

Why is it only right-wingers who are so butt hurt over this ruling if it was the "correct ruling"??

Are you saying "Constitution loving patriotic right-wingers" really don't give a fuck about that Constitution when it shoots down their fascist tendencies??

Instead of hurling your sissified reactionary hyperbolic fantasies at me -- how about you address a single thing I asked...

Why is it only right-wingers who are so butt hurt over this ruling if it was the "correct ruling"??

Are you saying "Constitution loving patriotic right-wingers" really don't give a fuck about that Constitution when it shoots down their fascist tendencies??
I'm saying that no where in the Constitution does it give 9 robes the sole authority to decide what is Constitutional, that came later with Marbury vs. Madison, which Jefferson vehemently disagreed with.

Using your logic, Dred vs. Scott was Constitutional, just because the 9 robes agreed.

BS.

I'm saying that no where in the Constitution does it give 9 robes the sole authority to decide what is Constitutional, that came later with Marbury vs. Madison, which Jefferson vehemently disagreed with.

Using your logic, Dred vs. Scott was Constitutional, just because the 9 robes agreed.

BS.
And then that decision was struck down when it was deemed unconstitutional......

Just like Brown v Board struck down previous bad rulings.....

Both of those cases I am sure still leaves a sting on the ass of Conservatives....

You know, like how you morons are all giddy because right-wingers are now trying to strike down the 14th amendment -- and believing they can do it without a constitutional amendment or anything else....just because your current or future cult leader says so....

The constitution is in a high percentage dead. the Progs in 2016 when Trump was elected were about as evil as you can get. Tell me how many of the same Progs would go to the beaches of Normandy in WW 2. Very few. What insanity has men dressed as women reading literature that tells children i schools to spread their ass cheeks for penis insertion.

And then that decision was struck down when it was deemed unconstitutional......

Just like Brown v Board struck down previous bad rulings.....

Both of those cases I am sure still leaves a sting on the ass of Conservatives....

You know, like how you morons are all giddy because right-wingers are now trying to strike down the 14th amendment -- and believing they can do it without a constitutional amendment or anything else....just because your current or future cult leader says so....

My point is, SCOTUS gets it wrong at times, so why let them in the first place? And what is preventing them from getting it wrong and not overturning it? Nothing.

For example, you can tell me that you have the Constitutional right to groom children, or rip them out of their mothers bellies at any age to murder them and have SCOTUS proclaim it Constitutional all day long, but people like me will never, and should never, bow their knee to them so long as they have a moral pulse.

I just don't have enough F#cks to give ya.

The constitution is in a high percentage dead. the Progs in 2016 when Trump was elected were about as evil as you can get. Tell me how many of the same Progs would go to the beaches of Normandy in WW 2. Very few. What insanity has men dressed as women reading literature that tells children i schools to spread their ass cheeks for penis insertion.
Oh My ...more temper tantrum hyperbole

You folks can't address anything that is actually happening to save your life.....

I guess that is why a wise man once said that the scariest place known to man is in the imagination of fragile minded right-winger.....

20221216_204250.jpg

My point is, SCOTUS gets it wrong at times, so why let them in the first place? And what is preventing them from getting it wrong and not overturning it? Nothing.

For example, you can tell me that you have the Constitutional right to groom children, or rip them out of their mothers bellies at any age to murder them and have SCOTUS proclaim it Constitutional all day long, but people like me will never, and should never, bow their knee to them so long as they have a moral pulse.

I just don't have enough F#cks to give ya.
Shut yo whining ass up....

why do you keep avoiding the actual topic of the OP by deflecting and posting all of this emotional ass hyperbolic goofiness

My temper tantrum hyperbole

You folks can't address anything that is actually happening to save your life.....

I guess that is why a wise man once said that the scariest place known to man is in the imagination of fragile minded right-winger.....

View attachment 799455
So when SCOTUS overturned Roe vs. Wade, causing your little Left wing head exploded, surely you were not sitting there thinking it was the correct decision.

Instead, you rely on the faith that Leftism will prevail no matter what.

Why? Cuz you are right about everything, of coarse, as Leftism will always prevail.

So when SCOTUS overturned Roe vs. Wade, causing your little Left wing head exploded, surely you were not sitting there thinking it was the correct decision.

Instead, you rely on the faith that Leftism will prevail no matter what.

Why? Cuz you are right about everything, of coarse, as Leftism will always prevail.
It didn't cause my head to explode...I don't believe in abortion, therefore I never had one......

Now, back to you deflecting and dodging around the thread...why do you keep doing that?

You can't stand on the bullshit your cult leader tried to run by the Supreme Court??

Forum List

Back