Did The Enron/Arthur Anderson & Lehman Brothers 2007 Scandals, Destroy The American Dream?

Oz and the Orchestra

Platinum Member
May 25, 2020
Lake District England
Incredible that so many people could turn a blind eye. When corporate America blatantly ditched all sense of morality and ethics in pursuit of greed for materialism at any cost. The actions that resulted in the financial global crisis that millions of ordinary people are still having to pay for to this day.

By contrast:-

I had another opportunity to watch Ken Stone's 'Civil War', shown again on British TV.
The programme used old photo's and readings from original letters sent by all manner of military personnel and civilians. What really struck me was how often morality, ethics and the sense of either preserving something or building something sacred came across in letters from both sides.

However did America lose its way so badly?

Incredible that so many people could turn a blind eye. When corporate America blatantly ditched all sense of morality and ethics in pursuit of greed for materialism at any cost. The actions that resulted in the financial global crisis that millions of ordinary people are still having to pay for to this day.

I had another opportunity to watch Ken Stone's 'Civil War', shown again on British TV.
The programme used old photo's and readings from original letters sent by all manner of military personnel and civilians. What really struck me was how often morality, ethics and the sense of either preserving something or building something sacred came across in letters from both sides.

No. We've had our share of financial scandals throughout our history, same as the British Empire up to and including the 2000s......... What really killed the American dream was changing that dream from owning your own business to owning your own house.......... Sure was a sweet deal for the rich bankers.......

China. Look at the influence the stock holders of corporations that run the media and the democratic party generally. BLM is run by marxists and China. Fuck black lives matter, its more like CHINA matters. They want to destroy Trump and destroy America.

China. Look at the influence the stock holders of corporations that run the media and the democratic party generally. BLM is run by marxists and China. Fuck black lives matter, its more like CHINA matters. They want to destroy Trump and destroy America.
Your smelly skidmark has destroyed America. Nothing is going to remain the same.

Financial scandals in US history are so numerous that they should almost be considered normal.

From the Yazoo Land Scandal of 1795, to the Credit Mobilier dummy construction company in the 1860s, to Teapot Dome in the 1920s, to Samuel Insull's holding company collapse in the 1930s, to the Savings & Loan industry collapse in the 1980s, and many, many smaller scandals in between.

Enron and Lehman Bros were only two of the better known names in the accounting scandals that spanned a 10 year period starting in 1998 with Waste Management (audited by Arthur Anderson); Enron (2001, audited by Arthur Anderson); Worldcom (2002, audited by Arthur Andersen and others); Tyco (2002); HealthSouth (2003); Freddie Mac (2003); AIG (2005); Lehman Brothers (2008); Bernie Madoff (2008); and Satyam Computer Services (2009) were all found to be inflating their values through fraudulent accounting schemes, and usually outright theft by executives.

In 2002, Arthur Andersen was convicted of obstruction of justice for shredding documents related to its audit of Enron, resulting in the Enron scandal. Although the Supreme Court reversed the firm's conviction, the impact of the scandal combined with the findings of criminal complicity ultimately destroyed the firm.

Anderson Consulting spun off from Arthur Andersen in 1989, rebranding itself as Accenture in 2000, and continues in business today.

Your smelly skidmark has destroyed America. Nothing is going to remain the same.

So what do you charge to lick the skid marks off Trumps drawers?

Forum List

Back