Did Somebody Say Gas Prices Were Down ?

That's pretty good! I would have thought Florida prices would be up after the hurricane. I hope you weren't hit by it.

Fortunately for me, my family & friends, we were spared this time. Unfortunately for millions of others, not so lucky.

These idiots clearly want to pay more just so they can bitch about Biden, even though the president doesn't control gas prices. I paid $2.80 in Florida yesterday.
He certainly has been controlling gas prices - see Post # 117.

Drilling has been increasing ever since he was elected. What drilling was reduced? Not in this country. The shut down in drilling was under the Trump administration, starting during the Covid epidemic, not the Biden administration. I have posted the charts here before. The number of rigs drilling is available and published across the industry. You probably should look it up.
I just posted 4 links telling you waht droilling was reduced, and niow you ask what drilling was reduced ? Pheeeew!

I could have posted TWENTY 4 links listing all the reductions.

During the Trump administration drilling increased great;y which is why we went from being energy deficient to being 100% energy independent and we were exporting our surpluses. I don't need to look anything up. Trump was in power for 4 years and oil drilling and production was sky-high.

It was only the short-lived temporary, and Demoorat induced PANDEMIC that caused drop in oil production in 2020. What you are presenting here, is a leftist media spin of the whole picture, deliberately designed to make Trump look bad, and you fall for it.

These idiots clearly want to pay more just so they can bitch about Biden, even though the president doesn't control gas prices. I paid $2.80 in Florida yesterday.
That would be $1.20 more a gallon than when Trump left office. All a result of Biden's war against fossil fuels, and reductions of production. See link # 4 in Post # 117 for the details.

He certainly has been controlling gas prices - see Post # 117.

LOL

You're such a moron, gramps. Post 117 includes links which DON'T say Biden cut drilling. He didn't. You just don't understand what you posted. It actually shows he revoked leases and permits for future drilling, not current drilling. It also says there are currently 7,700 permits the oil industry are just sitting on. So there's still plenty of room for future drilling if the oil industry chooses to do so.

I just posted 4 links telling you waht droilling was reduced, and niow you ask what drilling was reduced ? Pheeeew!

I could have posted TWENTY 4 links listing all the reductions.

During the Trump administration drilling increased great;y which is why we went from being energy deficient to being 100% energy independent and we were exporting our surpluses. I don't need to look anything up. Trump was in power for 4 years and oil drilling and production was sky-high.

It was only the short-lived temporary, and Demoorat induced PANDEMIC that caused drop in oil production in 2020. What you are presenting here, is a leftist media spin of the whole picture, deliberately designed to make Trump look bad, and you fall for it.
Try this:
1664772687843.png

You're such a moron, gramps. Post 117 includes links which DON'T say Biden cut drilling. He didn't. You just don't understand what you posted. It actually shows he revoked leases and permits for future drilling, not current drilling. It also says there are currently 7,700 permits the oil industry are just sitting on. So there's still plenty of room for future drilling if the oil industry chooses to do so.
:puhleeze:The sitting on leases is left media propaganda BS spin, which I, et al, refuted on other threads months ago, and you fall for it. Don't you know that to reduce "future' drilling, that = reducing current drilling ? This is why stopping the Keystone pipeline directly caused reduction in CURRENT drilling.
I taught microeconomics in college, and I owned my own business for12 years. There is a such thing that firms work with known as a business bible. It is called forecasting, and what you can/cannot do in the future, has EVERYTHING to do with what you do now.

This is the problem of talking business with inexperienced leftists, who know nothing about it, As bad as talking crime, guns, & law enforcement with them. :rolleyes:

Fact is, Biden has been an oil production cutter ever since he swore he would do just that in the 2020 debates, with Donald Trump. Anybody posting in here claiming Biden to not be a fossil fuel outspoken enemy of the oil & gas industry, and a production cutter, is an utter fool. I shouldn't even be debating this. Like debating if fish can swim. Sheeeesh!

And it was higher when Trump left office than it was in the spring of 2020.

And you're lying about Biden cutting production. Production is up 6% under Biden.

Spin. Oil production temporarily rose with Biden only because of the PANDEMIC decreases. Democrats love to pin all the economic declines of 2020 on rump when actually they came from Fauci, Obama, and Pelosi.

And yes, oil production DID increase in the latter part of 2020, just like GDP growth increased in the 3rd quarter of that year (setting an alltime record (33.8%) - all that is because of the discontinuance of pandemic shutdown -and these are things that trump is to be admired for.

As for oil production being "up" it is only up (a tiny amount) in 2021 over 2020 (well it doesnt take much to beat a pandemic shutdown year), but let's look at the non-shutdown years of 2019 and 2021. Oil production is DOWN from 17.1 Million barrels/day in 2019 (under Trump), to 16.5 Million in 2021 under Biden.

Last edited:
:puhleeze:The sitting on leases is left media propaganda BS spin, which I, et al, refuted on other threads months ago, and you fall for it. Don't you know that to reduce "future' drilling, that = reducing current drilling ? This is why stopping the Keystone pipeline directly caused reduction in CURRENT drilling.
I taught microeconomics in college, and I owned my own business for12 years. There is a such thing that firms work with known as a business bible. It is called forecasting, and what you can/cannot do in the future, has EVERYTHING to do with what you do now.

This is the problem of talking business with inexperienced leftists, who know nothing about it, As bad as talking crime, guns, & law enforcement with them. :rolleyes:

Fact is, Biden has been an oil production cutter ever since he swore he would do just that in the 2020 debates, with Donald Trump. Anybody posting in here claiming Biden to not be a fossil fuel outspoken enemy of the oil & gas industry, and a production cutter, is an utter fool. I shouldn't even be debating this. Like debating if fish can swim. Sheeeesh!

Don't you know that to reduce "future' drilling, that = reducing current drilling ?

LOL

I already know you're senile, gramps. There was really no need for you to reiterate that fact.

And no, revoking permits doesn't reduce current drilling. Especially given how many current permits the oil industry is just sitting on.

Even worse for you, @white6 showed you we're at the highest rig count since covid first ravaged the oil industry. And as I showed you, crude production is up 6% under Biden.

You know, the opposite of your hallucinations that production is down under Biden.

Yeah, you all keep trying to paint Biden as a fossil fuel friendly pal of the oil companies, who has production increasing, thereby defying the laws of economics with (you say) supply and prices increasing simultaneously. lol

And watch how many votes you lose next month, by feeding this spin crap to the voters, who are not as dumb as you thought. And they don't like being conned.
Bedtime now - class dismissed.:bigbed:

Last edited:
Don't you know that to reduce "future' drilling, that = reducing current drilling ?

LOL

I already know you're senile, gramps. There was really no need for you to reiterate that fact.

And no, revoking permits doesn't reduce current drilling. Especially given how many current permits the oil industry is just sitting on.

Even worse for you, @white6 showed you we're at the highest rig count since covid first ravaged the oil industry. And as I showed you, crude production is up 6% under Biden.

You know, the opposite of your hallucinations that production is down under Biden.
The "sitting on" notion is BS. And yes, of course revoking permits reduces current drilling - you never heard of forecasting. Figures- liberals know nothing about business. Hi hum.

PS - your whole EIA blurb is from BIDEN's Dept of Energy. What nice objective source, huh ? Pheeeeeew! (high-pitched whistle)

Now, I have 2 doctors appointments TODAY. No need to waste further time talking to business airheads.

Yes, and production steadily climbing. You got the wrong guy. Gas prices are not hurting me, and we have relatively low cost vs lots of other places. They are hurting you because you don't or didn't plan and execute, so you are at the whim of the economy.
Production steadily climbing? Not in this country where Poopeypants has refused the permits on the most productive leases. Who cares if rising prices or no production hurts you or not, you are a Dimmer refusing to admit the destruction of our economy by people who hate America. Plan and execute, what a joke!

The "sitting on" notion is BS. And yes, of course revoking permits reduces current drilling - you never heard of forecasting. Figures- liberals know nothing about business. Hi hum.

PS - your whole EIA blurb is from BIDEN's Dept of Energy. What nice objective source, huh ? Pheeeeeew! (high-pitched whistle)

Now, I have 2 doctors appointments TODAY. No need to waste further time talking to business airheads.
And what is the status of our reserve supply now under Poopeypants leadership??

So you agree with fascist. Of course a piece of shit fascist would.
Fuck you. The thread is about gas prices being down for most people, accept you. I never saw you post a single thing about why you thought one of the US largest historic grocery store chains were anything but a large well run, responsible company, providing good selection, fair prices and discount, as well as service to their customers, and of course Fuel and and prescription drugstore, at their locations, which only came up, because, besides being a well run grocery chain, many locations also have their own filling stations, that allow their shoppers to fill up their tanks, also. I know people that work for them or have retired after long careers working for them and never hear of many complaints, unlike the Wallyworld organization. You are just eat up with politics. You should get a life.

Forum List

Back