Did Somebody Say Gas Prices Were Down ?

2.90 at sams in johnson city tn
I've been thinking of ditching Florida, and buying a house and moving there. To Johnson City. Picturesque, cooler, less bugs, more Bluegrass music, no alligators, and there's a VA hospital there too.

One thing though. Is Hurricane Ian heading that way now ? I hope not.

It is what it is, gas is now trending up at a time it normally in the past went down, the trend and higher prices will continue into the near future. Not good for Democrats as most fairly or unfairly blame the party in charge, come election time.

It is what it is, gas is now trending up at a time it normally in the past went down, the trend and higher prices will continue into the near future. Not good for Democrats as most fairly or unfairly blame the party in charge, come election time.
Well now Popeypants has had a hand in driving prices up.

So now you're trying to say that the low prices of when Trump left office, is only because of the pandemic ?

EARTH TO FAUNINGSTOCK: Average US gas price in trump's years (other thn the pandemic) averaged $2.58/gal.

Since Biden took over (with no pandemic or other extraneous influence) and reduced drilling and production, thereby lowering supply and increasing demand, here is what the average US gas price has been >>
2021- $3.01/gal
2022 - $4.90/gal
What will it be in 2023 ? $10/gal........2024 - $50/gal ?

You can twist this and turn it any way you want, but Democrats are going to be shredded (barring any frauds) next month, and these prices (+ rents & food) are the prime reason why. Nobody is buying you're spin here.

Oh yeah, the reason Biden went to Saudi Arabia to beg them for oil, is because we have so much of it. :right: Is there a doctor in the house ?

I really shouldn't even be engaging in such a ludicrous "debate", because it only grants unwarranted legitimacy to the poppycock.

with no pandemic or other extraneous influence

So let me get this straight... not only do you hallucinate drilling is down under Biden even though it's up... you also believe the pandemic is over??

:cuckoo:

On what date did it end?

with no pandemic or other extraneous influence

So let me get this straight... not only do you hallucinate drilling is down under Biden even though it's up... you also believe the pandemic is over??

:cuckoo:

On what date did it end?
Biden said the pandemic is over, I think when he declared it over 400 people a day were dying and to this day 400 a day are dying, I disagree with the President on this issue but hey, I guess 146000 deaths a year isn’t a big deal to him.

Since Biden took over (with no pandemic or other extraneous influence) and reduced drilling and production, thereby lowering supply and increasing demand, here is what the average US gas price has been >>
2021- $3.01/gal
2022 - $4.90/gal
What will it be in 2023 ? $10/gal........2024 - $50/gal ?

Your figures are bullshit, gramps. Who knows from where you get them. 2022 has not averaged $4.90. :cuckoo:

There was only one month is was even over $4.90 a gallon. The actual average was $4.19 a gallon...

Uh oh! Going back up in September and October. Can't tap the reserves any longer.
Maybe Joey can go back to the Saudis and crawl some more. His birthday is coming up soon. Let's buy him some knee pads. :rolleyes:
Doubt he will go back to the Saudis. They were useless and unhelpful at best, clean back to the days of Jimmy Carter and OPEC, when the world learned the strength of an oil cartel. They are not allies and have not been during my memory. This should have been apparent after the first economic attack during Carter's time and reinforced, when it was known, Saudis financed a direct attack on the United States on our soil on 9/11. Though partner and ally (to a business extent) with powerful individuals or families here, they are no friend or true ally to the United States, and have not been, in my lifetime, playing strictly their own national and business interests.

Well after it hits a ridiculous 5 dollar average I guess 3.70 is a decrease my mistake.
Your mistake for where you live and shop. Two weeks is not much of a trend, though the Saudis are cutting down the amount they are selling on the world market to force the price higher. As the price nears $100 or goes over, even more drilling will take place, in a continuation of the slow deliberate increase of rigs seen since the beginning of the Biden administration, as shown by the Y charts posted from that industry.

Your mistake for where you live and shop. Two weeks is not much of a trend, though the Saudis are cutting down the amount they are selling on the world market to force the price higher. As the price nears $100 or goes over, even more drilling will take place, in a continuation of the slow deliberate increase of rigs seen since the beginning of the Biden administration, as shown by the Y charts posted from that industry.
I live where I live and work where I work. Finding somewhere 100 miles away to buy gas a dime cheaper is as stupid as a president saying he is going to eliminate the gas and oil industry. Slow deliberate increase? I say all that ends after the mid terms once the lemming votes are in.

I live where I live and work where I work. Finding somewhere 100 miles away to buy gas a dime cheaper is as stupid as a president saying he is going to eliminate the gas and oil industry. Slow deliberate increase? I say all that ends after the mid terms once the lemming votes are in.
He isn't going to eliminate, jack shit, but you know that, and you have always known it. So your argument is rings pretty hollow. It makes you sound like a fool or one trying to sell his politics based on fantasy. Nobody but morons seriously think Biden was or is going to eliminate the oil industry in this country or any other country. It will not happen in my lifetime or yours. We do not have the nuclear power plants necessary to sustain our power needs, nor are we willing at this point to build them. There is not a viable alternative to oil, natural gas or gasoline, other than electricity and you cannot make up the power generation deficit with solar, wind, tidal, or geothermal. Only nuclear generation is a viable solution and that is not without problems in itself, as we still have not figured out safe long term storage of spent fuels.

He isn't going to eliminate, jack shit, but you know that, and you have always known it. So your argument is rings pretty hollow. It makes you sound like a fool or one trying to sell his politics based on fantasy. Nobody but morons seriously think Biden was or is going to eliminate the oil industry in this country or any other country. It will not happen in my lifetime or yours. We do not have the nuclear power plants necessary to sustain our power needs, nor are we willing at this point to build them. There is not a viable alternative to oil, natural gas or gasoline, other than electricity and you cannot make up the power generation deficit with solar, wind, tidal, or geothermal. Only nuclear generation is a viable solution and that is not without problems in itself, as we still have not figured out safe long term storage of spent fuels.
But HE believes that is what he is going to do, or his wacko handlers believe it for him. Of course I agree with you about nuclear energy. In the meantime, something has to be done to make us oil independent again and he aint it.

But HE believes that is what he is going to do, or his wacko handlers believe it for him. Of course I agree with you about nuclear energy. In the meantime, something has to be done to make us oil independent again and he aint it.

As I recall, the given definition of "energy independent" was exporting more oil than we imported.

U.S. Exports of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels)

U.S. Imports of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels per Day)

so....

US Exports...117,665,000 barrels of oil for the month of July 2022.

1664623571263.png

US Imports...6,604,000 barrels of oil for the month of July 2022.

1664623666166.png

I don't even think politicians believe a lot of the crap they put out to appeal to some segment of their base. Where were you born and how old are you? I guess you think, that dumb Donald actually believes all the Qanon conspiracies, too? You really need to get over being such a slut for the political tripe served up by politicians. It is how you got into this screwed up mental position. Learn to differentiate between reality and politician's brand of political propaganda.

I don't even think politicians believe a lot of the crap they put out to appeal to some segment of their base. Where were you born and how old are you? I guess you think, that dumb Donald actually believes all the Qanon conspiracies, too? You really need to get over being such a slut for the political tripe served up by politicians. It is how you got into this screwed up mental position. Learn to differentiate between reality and politician's brand of political propaganda.
I am not screwed up mentally or politically at all. I wish there were more choices for political leaders, but right now there is one for America and one for America hater. If you think this progressive Dimmer squad isn't deadly sincere with all their garbage then I believe you to be sadly mistaken....they would be pushing much more of their crazy agenda now if they could. I am not a Trump follower or necessarily supporter, but like I said, he supports America and gets my vote if he is the candidate.

Forum List

Back