Did Somebody Say Gas Prices Were Down ?

Looks like you are screwed. I was going to recommend shopping Kroger, signing for their loyalty card, like we use to get .50 to .60 off on fuel like we do, but there are only about a dozen stores in North Carolina all with zip codes that start with 27xxxx mostly Raleigh, Durham, Apex, Garner and some place called Fukaway-Varina, though several places near Kannapolis that accept kroger fuel points.

Looks like you are screwed. I was going to recommend shopping Kroger, signing for their loyalty card, like we use to get .50 to .60 off on fuel like we do, but there are only about a dozen stores in North Carolina all with zip codes that start with 27xxxx mostly Raleigh, Durham, Apex, Garner and some place called Fukaway-Varina, though several places near Kannapolis that accept kroger fuel points.
Looks like you were lied to
There are no Krogers near Kannapolis and their anti gun position would keep me from spending my money in their DNC cultist business

Looks like you were lied to
There are no Krogers near Kannapolis and their anti gun position would keep me from spending my money in their DNC cultist business
Nope. No Kroger store, but a bunch of gas stations that have pumps that will let you use Kroger Fuel points for discounts at their pumps. Surprising though. I never heard of your town, but looking at the map and other things there, I thought it looked like a good size small city where Kroger would want a piece of the market share. I also did a check the night I looked this up, for other stores, by other names, that are actually owned by Kroger, to get points, but found none. When traveling out west on camping, climbing and hiking trips, my brother (a Kroger employee at the time) knew the names, so he could get his discount.
Count yourself lucky, as your state is a lot cheaper on fuel than many of those western and mountain states. There are cities within your state, that you do not wish to live in, but have lower prices or access to patronage buying discounts, but even without those advantages you are still better off on fuel than a large chunk of the country, and near the average price in your state.

Nope. No Kroger store, but a bunch of gas stations that have pumps that will let you use Kroger Fuel points for discounts at their pumps. Surprising though. I never heard of your town, but looking at the map and other things there, I thought it looked like a good size small city where Kroger would want a piece of the market share. I also did a check the night I looked this up, for other stores, by other names, that are actually owned by Kroger, to get points, but found none. When traveling out west on camping, climbing and hiking trips, my brother (a Kroger employee at the time) knew the names, so he could get his discount.
Count yourself lucky, as your state is a lot cheaper on fuel than many of those western and mountain states. There are cities within your state, that you do not wish to live in, but have lower prices or access to patronage buying discounts, but even without those advantages you are still better off on fuel than a large chunk of the country, and near the average price in your state.
Dumbass I told you I don't do nor will ever have anything to do with a fascist company like Kroger but a fascist like you would.

Dumbass I told you I don't do nor will ever have anything to do with a fascist company like Kroger but a fascist like you would.
What is the matter with them? Did they fire you or somebody close to you? Looks like you won't have to worry about them. They don't think your community is worth expanding to. I simply shop there because their store is always clean, prices competitive, they keep the brands I like in stock, We without try to switch me over to some brand I don't like. We even like their wine selection. Their people are friendly and are never advertising for BLM in the store while on duty, they are less than 2 1/2 miles from my house, no matter which way I turn out of the subdivision, they have online coupons for brands we buy and will honor any mfg brand coupon even if not in their advertising, and of course, they give fuel points on grocery purchase, as well as a senior discount at the pumps on certain days, plus if you go online and take their survey after shopping, you get an additional 50 fuel point.
The only place I ever refused to shop, due to politics is the string of truck stop filling station owned by our past republican governor, due to the fact, back in the day, he negotiated to buy all his fuel from Hugo Chavez (happily deceased now) and I don't buy from communists or people that select communists as their chief supplier. I will gladly pay more, instead. That was before and during the time he was governor and passed a diesel tax against truckers to be collected at the pumps (mostly his, since he sells more than anybody in the state) that he gets to invest on short term investment and pay the state periodically. Chavez is dead, but I still don't buy from the sonovabitch.

What is the matter with them? Did they fire you or somebody close to you? Looks like you won't have to worry about them. They don't think your community is worth expanding to. I simply shop there because their store is always clean, prices competitive, they keep the brands I like in stock, We without try to switch me over to some brand I don't like. We even like their wine selection. Their people are friendly and are never advertising for BLM in the store while on duty, they are less than 2 1/2 miles from my house, no matter which way I turn out of the subdivision, they have online coupons for brands we buy and will honor any mfg brand coupon even if not in their advertising, and of course, they give fuel points on grocery purchase, as well as a senior discount at the pumps on certain days, plus if you go online and take their survey after shopping, you get an additional 50 fuel point.
The only place I ever refused to shop, due to politics is the string of truck stop filling station owned by our past republican governor, due to the fact, back in the day, he negotiated to buy all his fuel from Hugo Chavez (happily deceased now) and I don't buy from communists or people that select communists as their chief supplier. I will gladly pay more, instead. That was before and during the time he was governor and passed a diesel tax against truckers to be collected at the pumps (mostly his, since he sells more than anybody in the state) that he gets to invest on short term investment and pay the state periodically. Chavez is dead, but I still don't buy from the sonovabitch.
You don't comprehend what you read you fucking dumbass. Go back and read one more time what I wrote fucking idiot.

You don't comprehend what you read you fucking dumbass. Go back and read one more time what I wrote fucking idiot.
OK ShitforBrains, I re read your post 108. What make you think Kroger is a fascist company?

bottom line - $1.60 -2020 ; twice that now.
This is the flaw in single point metrics.

When gas was $1.60, unemployment was 13%

Unemployment rates were higher in May than a year earlier in all 389 metropolitan areas. The national unemployment rate in May was 13.0 percent, not seasonally adjusted, up from 3.4 percent a year earlier.

Well dumbass if you comprehended what I wrote I gave the reason why I never would go to a Kroger if there was one in my area.
Then you will not be getting thier gas deals. Keep paying what you are paying and keep whining about it, until you feel better.

Then you will not be getting thier gas deals. Keep paying what you are paying and keep whining about it, until you feel better.

These idiots clearly want to pay more just so they can bitch about Biden, even though the president doesn't control gas prices. I paid $2.80 in Florida yesterday.

And we got 22 million more people employed for the increase in gas. Well worth it.
No, it is NOT worth it, and WHO says we have 22 million more people employed ? Biden's Dept of Commerce, Bureau of Labor Statistics ? More poppycock from CNN/MSNBC ? Might as well ask Bernie Madoff about investing.

And what the hell does more people employed, have to do with inflation ? Like some guys you don't even know (many of them illegal aliens) getting a job is "worth" your rent doubling from $600/month to $1200/mo, within 6 months ?
So you reduce drilling and construction projects and that makes us have 22 million more jobs, huh ?

Letting liberals comment in this forum, is like letting illegal aliens into the country, and giving them government jobs.

As for the increase in gas prices, it came from reductions of drilling and closures of pipeline - that caused LOSSES of jobs, not gains.

Last edited:
These idiots clearly want to pay more just so they can bitch about Biden, even though the president doesn't control gas prices. I paid $2.80 in Florida yesterday.
That's pretty good! I would have thought Florida prices would be up after the hurricane. I hope you weren't hit by it.

No, it is NOT worth it, and WHO says we have 22 million more people employed ? Biden's Dept of Commerce, Bureau of Labor Statistics ? More poppycock from CNN/MSNBC ? Might as well ask Bernie Madoff about investing.

And what the hell does more people employed, have to do with inflation ? Like some guys you don't even know (many of them illegal aliens) getting a job is "worth" your rent doubling from $600/month to $1200/mo, within 6 months ?
So you reduce drilling and construction projects and that makes us have 22 million more jobs, huh ?

Letting liberals comment in this forum, is like letting illegal aliens into the country, and giving them government jobs.

As for the increase in gas prices, it came from reductions of drilling and closures of pipeline - that caused LOSSES of jobs, not gains.

Retard, gas prices plummeted when 22 million people lost their jobs in the Spring of 2020 and no longer needed gas to get to a job they no longer had. Now with 22 million more people employed than then, gas consumption and demand is back up. Inflation caused it to increase even higher; but now it's coming back down again.

But of course, selfish fucks like you would rather have 14% unemployment, like we had back then when gas was $1.60, because then it would be cheaper for you to fill your tank.

And BTW, gramps, drilling isn't reduced. We're at the highest level of crude production since 22 million people list their jobs in the spring of 2020.

Last edited:

Drilling has been increasing ever since he was elected. What drilling was reduced? Not in this country. The shut down in drilling was under the Trump administration, starting during the Covid epidemic, not the Biden administration. I have posted the charts here before. The number of rigs drilling is available and published across the industry. You probably should look it up.

Forum List

Back