Did Jesus Abolish the Old Testament?

What trumps hate, sin, the evil of evils, the most horrid of the most horrid? LOVE. Hands down, no contest. LOVE never fails.

What does it mean that Jesus fulfilled the law, but did not abolish it?

why don't you ask the people who wrote it?

seems even the whole "love" thing is pick and choose among the fundies... you "love" the people who think like you.

you think you're better than everyone else.

i particularly love the people who think only their religion is legitimate. :thup:

Can only try to encourage you, dear one :)

Jesus - Jews for Jesus

What trumps hate, sin, the evil of evils, the most horrid of the most horrid? LOVE. Hands down, no contest. LOVE never fails.

seems even the whole "love" thing is pick and choose among the fundies... you "love" the people who think like you.

i particularly love the people who think only their religion is legitimate. :thup:

PS, I know I'm not better than anyone else. Think you've got me pegged wrongly.

PPSS - If you're interested, here is one man who is Jewish himself, and has recently began working with Jews for Jesus:

Jews and the Holocaust
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Cnsi1fkLM&list=UUwimRSkUtQws368ZEXldsdg&index=1&feature=plcp]Jews and the Holocaust - YouTube[/ame]

That's not what she said. She said you only think your own religion is legitimate. That's a true statement, isn't it?

You only love the people who agree with you.

That's not what she said. She said you only think your own religion is legitimate. That's a true statement, isn't it?

re-read her 3rd sentence..?

Read the other sentence too. Answer those. You cannot tolerate anyone who has a different religion from you.

Telling a Jew to take up Jews for Jesus is so insulting. You have no idea how offensive that is.

Read the other sentence too. Answer those. You cannot tolerate anyone who has a different religion from you.

Telling a Jew to take up Jews for Jesus is so insulting. You have no idea how offensive that is.

Does that offend you because you are a Jew? There are many Christian Jews. The first Christian Church was made up of Jews.

I don't think she's offended, she's a pretty kind gal; we just have different views. Even so, please let her tell me so if she is. Quit worrying about me, dear but thank you. It's allllll ok. :)

Does that offend you because you are a Jew? There are many Christian Jews. The first Christian Church was made up of Jews.

Ask Jillian if she appreciates someone telling her to convert to Christianity.

I don't think she's offended, she's a pretty kind gal; we just have different views. Even so, please let her tell me so if she is. Quit worrying about me, dear but thank you. It's allllll ok. :)

No one worries about you. We know what an aggressive proselytizer you are.

Ask Jillian if she appreciates someone telling her to convert to Christianity.

People have tried to convert me to Scientology, Jahovah's witnesses, Mormon, Islam, and Buddhism. I just said, "no thanks" and then told them about Jesus. Perhaps it's just Christianity that offends you.

Well it does make a lot of sense why they are leaving this thread alone.

Ignore it all you want though, you can't ignore the terrible old testament style wrath of your GOD!

I'd say it's more likely that people are tired of answering stupid questions and stupid assumptions. Go to church and ask a pastor your questions if you really want them answered, which of course is not what this is all about, as we all know. ;)
Exactly my friend, and what this is about, is the fact that there are many now (the author of this thread included), for whom are actually fullfilling the very words as was written down long ago in the Bible, and this has been known now through out time in which is found in this great book of our lives & generations here upon this earth. These people (whether they realize it or not) are now taking their part in history as they write the very things in which has already been written about that they would do, and for which they do so willingly in account of, just as it is found in the old and new testament, in which is written about them right now as is found in the new and the old testament when one reads about the people, and the times in which we do all live now.

All I can say to these people who write such post or threads, is thanks for proving the Bible to be spot on for those who may need to understand this in the world right now, especially once they read and understand by proof of your words written, that all these things must come to pass (including such foolish wisdom that is being passed off as some sort of tease in search of your own truth according to your own troubled mind by this thread as is written) , and that by your words it is proof there of, that we are now in the midst of these things which are very well known about, and is coming to pass now. Your writings give strength in which helps prove once again the accuracy of the writings that depict the goings on of today in the world, for which has already been made a correct and accurate accounting of in the Bible, and this once read it and understand it, so hang on for the ride everybody, because it will be the ride of a life time once understanding that this is just more proof of it all, that the Bible is correct and is profitable in it's entirety for man & woman to read, and also to understand what it is for their life as they have lived it upon this earth.

Well it does make a lot of sense why they are leaving this thread alone.

Ignore it all you want though, you can't ignore the terrible old testament style wrath of your GOD!

I'd say it's more likely that people are tired of answering stupid questions and stupid assumptions. Go to church and ask a pastor your questions if you really want them answered, which of course is not what this is all about, as we all know. ;)
Exactly my friend, and what this is about, is the fact that there are many now (the author of this thread included), for whom are actually fullfilling the very words as was written down long ago in the Bible, and this has been known now through out time in which is found in this great book of our lives & generations here upon this earth. These people (whether they realize it or not) are now taking their part in history as they write the very things in which has already been written about that they would do, and for which they do so willingly in account of, just as it is found in the old and new testament, in which is written about them right now as is found in the new and the old testament when one reads about the people, and the times in which we do all live now.

All I can say to these people who write such post or threads, is thanks for proving the Bible to be spot on for those who may need to understand this in the world right now, especially once they read and understand by proof of your words written, that all these things must come to pass (including such foolish wisdom that is being passed off as some sort of tease in search of your own truth according to your own troubled mind by this thread as is written) , and that by your words it is proof there of, that we are now in the midst of these things which are very well known about, and is coming to pass now. Your writings give strength in which helps prove once again the accuracy of the writings that depict the goings on of today in the world, for which has already been made a correct and accurate accounting of in the Bible, and this once read it and understand it, so hang on for the ride everybody, because it will be the ride of a life time once understanding that this is just more proof of it all, that the Bible is correct and is profitable in it's entirety for man & woman to read, and also to understand what it is for their life as they have lived it upon this earth.

Yes, those of us who know the Scriptures can easily see the Word of God being played out right in front of us. We can see the unbelievers twist the Scriptures, call evil good and good evil, and all to their own destruction.

Why do so people Christians believe that Jesus abolished the old law? To me, it seems like a way to try and get away from the nastier sides of their god and their religion. Either that, or they just don't have the same sort of dietary will as the Jewish people.

Fact of the matter is though, the bible says nothing about Jesus abolishing the Old Testament. And it's not just for Jews.

Lots more where this came from.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17)

Enjoy hell, sinners! Kidding... but seriously, why do you think you don't have to follow the Old Testament as a Christians? Why do you think Jews are different and still have to follow it but you don't? Hell, even when I was a devout Christian, I didn't disregard the Old Testament. Because I read my bible.

Better question, why do you believe that they believe that Jesus abolished the Old Testament?

Forum List

Back