Did Israel Just Lose the Battle for Damascus?

Are you trying to say Hezbollah is planning on attacking the Golan Heights ??
I'm saying Israel is losing the Syrian war.
Do you disagree?

Which war is that ? lol !
Ask the Austrians, yuk, yuk, and yuk:

"Syrian rebels fought to seize a crossing on the Israeli border from forces loyal to the government Thursday. The crossing in the Golan Heights is manned by United Nations peacekeepers. The rebels were apparently unsuccessful:

"The battle remained fluid through the morning, as Syrian army troops and rebels fought over the old city of Qunaitra in Syria.

"The city is important because of its strategic location on the road leading to the capital, Damascus.

"In response to the fighting, Austria announced that its contingent in the peacekeeping force would withdraw because of the danger to Austrian soldiers there."

Rebels, Syrian army fight in Golan Heights; Austrian peacekeepers withdraw - The Washington Post

The New World Order comes to Golan?

I'm saying Israel is losing the Syrian war.
Do you disagree?

"Syrian rebels fought to seize a crossing on the Israeli border from forces loyal to the government Thursday. The crossing in the Golan Heights is manned by United Nations peacekeepers. The rebels were apparently unsuccessful:

"The battle remained fluid through the morning, as Syrian army troops and rebels fought over the old city of Qunaitra in Syria.

"The city is important because of its strategic location on the road leading to the capital, Damascus.

"In response to the fighting, Austria announced that its contingent in the peacekeeping force would withdraw because of the danger to Austrian soldiers there."

Rebels, Syrian army fight in Golan Heights; Austrian peacekeepers withdraw - The Washington Post

The UM should put a ROK unit there to replace the Austrians.

I thought you were talking about what's happening today. As for the 2006 War, we're not living in peaceful Messianic times. Wars still rage among humans.
I think I misunderstood what Toast meant when he discouraged Hezbollah from spitting in the Golan.
However, I still maintain this war in Syria is widening, and Lebanon may be forced to deal with another IDF/(NATO?) onslaught.

I was not taking about the 2006 war. What made you think that ??
Also, when I said 'IF Hezbollah so much spits in the Golan", I'm sure you know what I meant. I was implying that if Hezbollah decides to attack Israel unprovoked, like they did in 2006, then Israel will answer back, and in a way that will make Hezbollah think 5 times before they decide to attack Israel in the future. Unless of course, you think Israel should restrain herself and do nothing in a situation like this ?
I'm not sure Hezbollah would even have existed in 2006 if tens of thousands of Arabs hadn't been driven into Lebanon in 1948:

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus, known in Arabic as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة*, an-Nakbah, lit. "disaster", 'catastrophe', or 'cataclysm'),[1] occurred when approximately 711,000 to 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine and the 1948 Arab-Israeli War."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Palestinian_exodus

Creating a Jewish state in the heart of Arab oil was designed to ensure there would be constant war (and war profit$) in the Middle East. Maybe we can't kill our way to peace?

So, once it's proven that Hezbollah initiated the 2006 War that you yourself brought up, you then have to go back to 1948 to justify Hezbollah. The blame game.

As in ROK Tigers?

"Korean soldiers that volunteered for service in Vietnam were given bonuses: they would 'receive credit for three years of military duty for each year served in Vietnam as well as additional monetary entitlements; further, combat duty would enhance their future Army careers.'

"All the ROKA units sent to Vietnam (the Tiger Division, White Horse Division and (Blue Dragon) Brigade) were chosen because they were considered to have the longest and best records from the Korean War.

"The Tigers were considered uncanny for their ability to search territory and smoke out enemy soldiers and weapons. They would plan operations meticulously and sometimes even rehearse it beforehand.

"The soldiers would seal off a relatively small area, no more than 9 or 10 square kilometers.

"Troops would be brought in by air and land, but would arrive at the same time to maximize the chokehold.

"Slowly but surely the cordon would be tightened, and everyone and everything would be searched.

"Civilians were separated and interrogated, routinely offered rewards if they cooperated. It was not unusual for an area to be searched three or four times by different platoons.

"To prevent enemy breakouts, the Koreans had special reaction forces that could plug holes in the perimeter. General William R. Peers considered the Koreans the best at these so-called 'cordon and search operations.'"

They would certainly give Jew and Arab second thoughts about killing peacekeepers.

Israel is losing the Syrian war?

Ahh, did I went to sleep for 2 years and no one told me we are in a war with Syria?

Georgy, are you drinking again?

We are taking no side in this, we were never involved.

So leave us the hell alone.

You're joking, right.

Why would the US want regime change in Syria except for Israeli interests?
Do the Syrians people that are fighting Assad and have lost over 80,000 so far, know that's its because of Israel they are doing it? What a great benevolent leader that Assad is, clearly if not for Israel there would not be any "uprising" against him.

It's amazing how Tinmore knows what's going on in the heads of the Syrian people better than the Syrians themselves! It's always Israel. Ha ha ha.

'Syria, Hezbollah, Iran, Hamas. What is there that Israel likes?'

Again, are you SERIOUS?

We don't like those who call to destroy us.

Fact that some of you like them is questionable.

What do you mean by "us?"

I thought you said y'all were Palestinians.

Do you really want me to point out a Jews-Arabs comparison?

That's a nasty trap you're setting up for me.

not gonna fall into that one:eusa_whistle::cool:

As in ROK Tigers?

"Korean soldiers that volunteered for service in Vietnam were given bonuses: they would 'receive credit for three years of military duty for each year served in Vietnam as well as additional monetary entitlements; further, combat duty would enhance their future Army careers.'

"All the ROKA units sent to Vietnam (the Tiger Division, White Horse Division and (Blue Dragon) Brigade) were chosen because they were considered to have the longest and best records from the Korean War.

"The Tigers were considered uncanny for their ability to search territory and smoke out enemy soldiers and weapons. They would plan operations meticulously and sometimes even rehearse it beforehand.

"The soldiers would seal off a relatively small area, no more than 9 or 10 square kilometers.

"Troops would be brought in by air and land, but would arrive at the same time to maximize the chokehold.

"Slowly but surely the cordon would be tightened, and everyone and everything would be searched.

"Civilians were separated and interrogated, routinely offered rewards if they cooperated. It was not unusual for an area to be searched three or four times by different platoons.

"To prevent enemy breakouts, the Koreans had special reaction forces that could plug holes in the perimeter. General William R. Peers considered the Koreans the best at these so-called 'cordon and search operations.'"

They would certainly give Jew and Arab second thoughts about killing peacekeepers.
That's correct George. The ROK soldiers were famous in Vietnam for not having fences around their perimeters and if any VC tried to infiltrate or fire mortars, the ROKs would chase them down with no weapons other than a bayonet. VC were terrified of ROKs. They would instill the same fear into any of the Hamas or PLO cowards. Maybe that's why the UM won't send Koreans.

Israel is losing the Syrian war?

Ahh, did I went to sleep for 2 years and no one told me we are in a war with Syria?

Georgy, are you drinking again?

We are taking no side in this, we were never involved.

So leave us the hell alone.

You're joking, right.

Do the Syrians people that are fighting Assad and have lost over 80,000 so far, know that's its because of Israel they are doing it? What a great benevolent leader that Assad is, clearly if not for Israel there would not be any "uprising" against him.

It's amazing how Tinmore knows what's going on in the heads of the Syrian people better than the Syrians themselves! It's always Israel. Ha ha ha.

You can't single source your information.

'Syria, Hezbollah, Iran, Hamas. What is there that Israel likes?'

Again, are you SERIOUS?

We don't like those who call to destroy us.

Fact that some of you like them is questionable.

That may be interesting.

I don't see any difference myself.

That may be interesting.

Interesting. So since you see the Jews as being thieves and devils, that means you see Arabs in the same way.

That may be interesting.

Pfffft. Yeah, right.

You could have pulled that one all over my eyes!:cool:

You're joking, right.

You can't single source your information.
Source what information? Try to make sense. The fact that the Syrian dictator's people have turned against him, happens to also be good for Israel and the world doesn't mean that Israel is to blame. I find it hilarious that you people who cry crocodile tears for Palestinian terrorists, are now even defending this animal and his regime who have killed over 80,000 of their own people using the army which is supposed to protect the people, and they are now dropping poison gas on their fellow countrymen as well. Even most Arab countries have turned against Assad now, but no, not you guys, its ALL Israel's fault.

It's interesting to see the level of insanity your hatred has driven you to. Please continue. .

Roudy, et al,

I think most politically astute will agree. Israel doesn't want to get involved or entangled in the Syrian Civil War. It's interest is to minimize the potential for Hezbollah to re-arm anymore then they already have.

Even most Arab countries have turned against Assad now, but no, not you guys, its ALL Israel's fault.

It's interesting to see the level of insanity your hatred has driven you to. Please continue. .
(COMMENT)

As I said in Posting #19, the Israelis only have to sit back and stay out of the way. The law of attrition works in their favor, no matter who wins.

But there is a chance that the Syrian Civil War will erupt into a full-fledged Sunni-Shi'ite conflict. That might turnout to be even better (Post #19).

Sunni-Shiite rift on Syria 'risks regional chaos' | By Lynne al-Nahhas | AFP – 9 hours ago said:
Sunni-dominated Saudi Arabia's top cleric Abdulaziz al-Shaikh has urged governments to punish the "repulsive sectarian group" while Qatar-based Sunni cleric Yusuf al-Qaradawi called on Sunnis to join the rebels.

SOURCE: Yahoo! News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

Most Respectfully,
R

That may be interesting.

Further proof that you have no idea what you're talking about ...:cool:

I was unaware of Israeli attempts to assassinate UN peacekeeping forces. Do tell!

Meanwhile, there's been a nation VOLUNTEERING a 300-person contingent..... I'm sure Georgie is about to tell us how wonderful they are fo doing so, LMAO!
Russia ready to join UN peacekeeping mission on Israel-Syria border ? RT News
Right after you point out where I used the word "assassinate", Hasbara.
As far as replacement peacekeepers are concerned, how about these guys?

"The North Korean Special Operation Force (NKSOF) is a specially trained and equipped military units trained to perform military, political, or psychological operations for North Korea. The units are active in testing the defenses of South Korea and have been detected operating in or around South Korea many times in the decades since the end of the Korean War.[2][3] There are about 180,000 special operational forces soldiers.[1]"

Unless the IDF is worried of some Orchard Blowback?

Forum List

Back