Did climate change cause the flooding in Tennessee and Henri?

WOW everybody, Odd Dude can spell! Now all he needs to work on is grammar.

Tell you what, moron, when you can point to a storm of THIS magnitude feel free to continue bleating like the fucking sheep you are. This ONE storm, dwarfs all the storms we have had in the last 75 years COMBINED. Yet you ignorant twats sputter your way along with your pseudo science bullshit thinking you are somehow enlightened.

Here's a real ass kicker for you, little fascist prick. YOU emit over 1000 pounds (in your case well over 1000) of CO2 every year.

Stop breathing. Make the world a better place.

Great Flood of 1862​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Great Flood of 1862
K Street, Inundation of the State Capitol, City of Sacramento, 1862.jpg
Lithograph of K Street in the city of Sacramento, California, during the Great Flood of 1862
DateDecember 1861 – January 1862
LocationOregon, Nevada, California, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, Sonora, Mexico
The Great Flood of 1862 was the largest flood in the recorded history of Oregon, Nevada, and California, occurring from December 1861 to January 1862. It was preceded by weeks of continuous rains and snows in the very high elevations that began in Oregon in November 1861 and continued into January 1862. This was followed by a record amount of rain from January 9–12, and contributed to a flood that extended from the Columbia River southward in western Oregon, and through California to San Diego, and extended as far inland as Idaho in the Washington Territory, Nevada and Utah in the Utah Territory, and Arizona in the western New Mexico Territory. The event dumped an equivalent of 10 feet of rainfall in California, in the form of rain and snow, over a period of 43 days.[1][2] Immense snowfalls in the mountains of the far western United States caused more flooding in Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, and Sonora, Mexico the following spring and summer as the snow melted.
The event was capped by a warm intense storm that melted the high snow load. The resulting snow-melt flooded valleys, inundated or swept away towns, mills, dams, flumes, houses, fences, and domestic animals, and ruined fields. It has been described as the worst disaster ever to strike California.[3]

It likely had very little to do with flooding in 1929. But perhaps you haven't noticed it's no longer 1929. I am also fairly certain that it had nothing to do with California's 1862 flood. But, similarly, it is no longer 1862 either. What makes you two believe global warming had no impact on the Tennessee floods of last weekend?

Sooooo, you're thinking terraform the whole earth back to a climate that suits your tastes? Ok, now THAT would be something! I guess maybe the liberals and democrats that are so vehement about terraforming our planet must believe in God after all...very encouraging.

Remember, the term "climate change" was not even allowed to be spoken during the trump Regime. We will all regret the day trump was elected and set up back years with his "cult pleasing" climate change denials.
Nope

Can you explain how global warming did NOT affect these storms?

Yes, there is no measurable warming. The only warming that exists is in computer models that warp and twist the empirical data to conform to a pre desired result.

There was a time when I would anticipate a bit of a challenge in debating you; and that would be on top of the constant ad hominem attacks. But you really seem to have lost a lot of whatever it was you were bringing to these arguments. You and whoever I just responded to have had to fall back to the massive-global-conspiracy-among-scientists argument which I don't think you could sell at a sixth grade special ed camp.

I'm sorry, dude, but that is simply pa-THE-tic.

There was a time when I would anticipate a bit of a challenge in debating you; and that would be on top of the constant ad hominem attacks. But you really seem to have lost a lot of whatever it was you were bringing to these arguments. You and whoever I just responded to have had to fall back to the massive-global-conspiracy-among-scientists argument which I don't think you could sell at a sixth grade special ed camp.

I'm sorry, dude, but that is simply pa-THE-tic.

No, what is pathetic is you keep trotting out the "world warmed by .04 degrees" lie, when the absolute best temp measuring devices are only capable of measuring to within .10 degrees.

Care to explain how that would create false warming? Mathematically, all it would do is add random noise

Remember, the term "climate change" was not even allowed to be spoken during the trump Regime. We will all regret the day trump was elected and set up back years with his "cult pleasing" climate change denials.

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.” ― Daniel Kahneman, Thinking, Fast and Slow

It likely had very little to do with flooding in 1929. But perhaps you haven't noticed it's no longer 1929. I am also fairly certain that it had nothing to do with California's 1862 flood. But, similarly, it is no longer 1862 either. What makes you two believe global warming had no impact on the Tennessee floods of last weekend?

Prior to the invention of the Fire, Flood, Earthquake variant of CO2, Death Valley was known as Moderate Passageway

Care to explain how that would create false warming? Mathematically, all it would do is add random noise

How about you explain to the class how a claim of .04 degrees warming can be made when the instrumentation is only capable of measuring to within .10 degrees.

GO!

How about you explain to the class how a claim of .04 degrees warming can be made when the instrumentation is only capable of measuring to within .10 degrees.

GO!
This is classic Dunning-Kruger effect. The stupid are unaware of how stupid they are. We've tried explaining it to Westwall before. It never takes. It's college sophomore level stuff, so it's way over his head.

The variance of a mean is inversely proportion to the square root of the number of measurements. For example, if you average 100 measurements, the error of the average will be one-tenth the error of each individual measurement.

This is classic Dunning-Kruger effect. The stupid are unaware of how stupid they are. We've tried explaining it to Westwall before. It never takes. It's college sophomore level stuff, so it's way over his head.

The variance of a mean is inversely proportion to the square root of the number of measurements. For example, if you average 100 measurements, the error of the average will be one-tenth the error of each individual measurement.

So explain it poster boi for D-K. We aren't talking about averages you imbecile. We are talking about the limitations of instrumentation. Your claim is meaningless drivel put forth by a drooling buffoon.

Forum List

Back