Did Bush create 7,502,000 jobs as the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows??

So I'm curious. What kind of jobs were created. How much did they pay? What about the millions of jobs that were moved to China? Why was Bush panicking at the end of his second term? On the last day of Bush's last budget, why was unemployment over 10%?

Oh, so many questions. So few answers.

Worse, look at what it says in your other link:

Manufacturing employment fell by 149,000 in December, the largest over-the-month de-
cline since August 2001. Factory job losses totaled 791,000 in 2008, with nearly half
of the decrease occurring in the fourth quarter. In December, declines were widespread
among the component industries. The largest job losses occurred in fabricated metal
products (-28,000) and motor vehicles and parts (-21,000).

Employment in construction continued to decline (-101,000) in December and has fallen
by 899,000 since peaking in September 2006. Over the month, job losses occurred through-
out the industry.

Within professional and business services, the temporary help industry lost 81,000
jobs in December, bringing job losses in 2008 to 490,000. In December, employment
also fell in the management of companies and enterprises (-8,000) and in architectural
and engineering services (-7,000).

Employment in retail trade declined by 67,000 in December and by 522,000 for all of
2008. More than half of the losses in 2008 occurred in the last 4 months of the year.
In December, employment decreased in automobile dealerships (-22,000), furniture and
home furnishing stores (-8,000), and electronics and appliance stores (-5,000). Whole-
sale trade employment fell by 30,000 over the month and by 164,000 in 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to be some question about that so here are the FACTS from the Federal Government's Bureau of Labor Statistics!

Employment Situation News Release

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/history/empsit_01052001.txt

View attachment 28829

I don't know. I couldn't get past this part:

In the goods-producing sector, manufacturing employment fell by 62,000
in December, bringing its loss for the year to 178,000. Employment in
primary metals declined by 9,000 in December, partly reflecting 3,000
workers who were on strike and thus not on payrolls. Motor vehicles lost
8,000 jobs, as did rubber and miscellaneous plastics. Apparel and textiles
continued their long-term declines, losing 9,000 and 5,000 jobs,
respectively. Declines also occurred in several construction-related
industries, including lumber, furniture, and stone, clay, and glass
products.

Construction employment fell by 13,000 in December, affected for the
second month in a row by adverse weather. Employment in mining fell by
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Or the fact that the government grew enormously and that accounted for a lot if not most of the job growth. At least, that's what your link seemed to say.

Yea but DID 2008 have at the end 7,502,000 MORE JOBS then at the end of 2000?
Why is that so hard to admit?

I really don't comprehend WHAT the f..king problem is in JuST ADMITTING THE TRUTH!

But YOU people seem so adversive to the realities!
You BASH Bush because a recession and dot.com bust that started BEFORE he took office!
YOU bash Bush for 9/11!
YOU BASH BUSH for the WORST HURRICANE SEASONS in any presidents' terms no other president ever had that!
YOU BASH Bush for freeing 28 million people by getting rid of a dictator that used pliers and torches on his people while if still in alive would have starved 2.9 million kids!
YOU BASH Bush for all the above and YET you can't even add and subtract
10 million people that are not citizens counted as uninsured!
14 million people that are too lazy like 2 people I know to file for Medicaid yet they are counted as "uninsured"!
18 million people under 34 making over $50K and can afford but don't want to waste money on their employers' health plans...BUT they are counted as part of the
bogus 46 million and YOU IDIOTS don't get it!

ONCE and for.. 7,502,000 more people working in 2008 then in 2000! FACT!
4 million people really need and want insurance NOT 46 million a bogus number that has caused this gigantic cluster f...k known as ACA!

WHY are you people so f...king DUMB and GULLIBLE!

Well youre going to have to do this thread a million times more, because if youre going to attribute jobs to a president, you are usinng the wrong years and continue to lie.

Bushs first budget is fy 2001.(real date: oct 2001 to ending oct 2002)
Bushs last is fy 2008. (Real date: oct 2008 to oct 2009)

Dont let FACTS eat your SOUL. Now, be an honest man and go back to the dept of labor and recalculate the correct fiscal years, then re input the data into your obsessive-as-fuck copy and paste, lying liar.

Last edited:
Well youre going to have to do this thread a million times more, because if youre going to attribute jobs to a president, you are usinng the wrong years and continue to lie.

Dont let FACTS eat your SOUL. Now, be an honest man and go back to the dept of labor and recalculate the correct fiscal years, then re input the data into your obsessive-as-fuck copy and paste, lying liar.

FACTS are FACTS from the Bureau of Labor Statistics... NO MATTER HOW to try to adjust, or try to mess them up they are real!
Was the end of Clinton administration the end of 2000? YES
Was the end of Bush administration 2008? YES
WE ARE NOT talking about BUDGETS here!
WE ARE SIMPLY JUST SIMPLY DEALING WITH the REAL WORLD that STATES:

End of 2008 143,338,000 Employment Situation News Release
End of 2000 135,836,000 http://www.bls.gov/news.release/history/empsit_01052001.txt
After 8 years 7,502,000 More working end of 2008 then at end of 2000!

Yea youre not talking about budgets because youre a fucking idiot.

Yea youre not talking about budgets because youre a fucking idiot.

DUH! I'm NOT talking about "budgets"!
And honestly I can't really relate to anyone who can't use an apostrophe EVEN when the little dotted red line spell checker reminds you!
YOU can't even spell eleven words correctly EVEN when spell checker TELLS you!

So much for attention to the "details" which is WHAT this thread illustrates!
There were according to the Bureau of Labor STATISTICS NOT ME...so fault THEM NOT ME.... 7,502,000 MORE jobs at the end of 2008 then the end of 2000!

Is that such a complicated number to agree on? I'm just asking people to recognize what the bls.gov statistics are!

Obviously IQ of readers who still can't comprehend and bring up NON-relevant issues is in question here!
Pity our country if people who simply can't agree on a simple number..

End of 2000 135,836,000 http://www.bls.gov/news.release/history/empsit_01052001.txt

You dont want to have a grammar contest with me, ya lil' Bush fan boy fuck boy.

The job losses in 2009 were the continuation of the recession that occured under the Bush Administration. Do you need a bib for the Bush cum on your lips, you dishonest twit?

You dont want to have a grammar contest with me, ya lil' Bush fan boy fuck boy.

The job losses in 2009 were the continuation of the recession that occured under the Bush Administration. Do you need a bib for the Bush cum on your lips, you dishonest twit?

GEEZ... YOU seemingly can't even spell "don't" right!!!

Paying attention to the spell checking feature is just a sign of intelligence and attention to details... which is obviously NOT your strong suit!
So any comment you make must be taken with a lot of skepticism. Here I'll help you .."skepticism"... ( an attitude of doubting the truth of something (such as a claim or statement).

If in just 49 simple words you can't pay attention to the little red dotted line ... meaning a misspelled word... why in the f..k should I pay attention to your ignorant comment regarding 2009?

I NEVER EVER included 2009!

Again... the period of elapsed time (again for your shriveled IQ.. "elapsed" meaning "years that passed" is End of 2000 to the End of 2008! PERIOD!!!

It is so amazing!
A simple statement of FACT has so many idiotic comments!
I was hoping to get 100% agreement on this simple math exercise and that is not possible it appears!

Were there according to the Bureau of Labor statistics 135,836,000 people employed at the end of 2000? YES.. that's what they reported!
Were there then according to the above, 143,338,000 people employed at the end of 2008? YES.. that's what they reported!
Simple simple math folks...
143,338,000 less
7,502,000 more people employed at the end of 2008 according to the Bureau then there were employed at the end of 2000!

Is that a hard fact to accept???

If this simple exercise can not get 100% agreement again based on the BLS statistics there is absolutely NO way any more complicated issues can ever be resolved in this country.

I am not asking for "context".
I am not asking for rationales!
I am simply asking folks .. when you subtract 135,836,000 from 143,338,000 does that not equal 7,502,000?????

Your "facts" are convenient mistatements of fact. Obama signed most of the fiscal year2008 spending bills, and is therefore responsible for the Fiscal year 2008 spending. In addition, the budget had nothing to do with the recession or the financial collapse.

Bush did not inherit any great economy from Clinton. The economy was flat and moving into recession the day that Bush took office. We didn't know that because the Clintonites were cooking the books in an effort to get Gore elected. Bush did not cause the financial meltdown, nor did he cause the resultant recession.

We have suffered a five year recession for the exact same reason that the Great Depression took over ten years to fix. The same idiotic economic theories, and the same genre of failed financial fixes that actually were counter productive, and did more harm than good. We have had a couple of years free of "fixes" and the economy is starting to recover.

I guess I silenced people that can't contest the simple facts brought by the Federal Government's Bureau of Labor Statistics that:

At the End of 2008 143,338,000 Employment Situation News Release
At the End of 2000 135,836,000 http://www.bls.gov/news.release/history/empsit_01052001.txt
And that after 8 years 7,502,000 More working end of 2008 then at end of 2000!

So if the BLS contends that at the end of Bush administration 7,502,000 more people were employed then at the beginning IN spite of:

1) THE RECESSION that started declining in 2000 and was officially started in 3/2001 Contributed to businesses letting people go...i.e. contributed to UNEMPLOYMENT!!!
2) There was a dot.com bubble bust in that cost $5 trillion in losses.. 300,000 jobs skilled technology workers were out of jobs
3) A minor event --- 9/11! 800,000 jobs lost directly in travel/transportation businesses due to closures which means UNEMPLOYMENT!!!
4) And of the 10 Costliest Catastrophes..
Kiplinger - Interstitial
10. Hurricane Rita 2005
8. Hurricane Ivan 2004
7. Hurricane Charley 2004
6. Hurricane Wilma 2005
5. Hurricane Ike 2008
3. 9/11 Terrorist Attacks 2001
1. Hurricane Katrina 2005...
GEEZ notice something similar??? All during 2001 to 2008!!! GEEZ think that had ANY affect on people losing their jobs???
400,000 jobs lost due to worst hurricane SEASONS 7 of the top 10 hurricanes occurred during 2001 to 2008!

So if in spite of nearly 3 million jobs lost due to Recession/dot.com/9/11 and worst hurricanes IF those events hadn't occurred that would have been a total of
nearly 10 million more people working at the end of 2008 then at the beginning!

If all the presidents in my life time had the above same events occurred I wonder if their job creation numbers would have also been as affected???

Did Bush create 7,502,000 jobs as the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows??

Nope, he did not. But he did empower the economic situation for it to crash and lose millions of jobs. Fact.

The republican world is a strange land to inhabit. Up is down and right is wrong and George Bush was the greatest President EVER. Really he was. Heath Myths says so and that's the end of discussion. Hell repeat something often enough and everybody will believe it.

I know I do. King George. What a Pres. he was. Created 93 million new jobs and my retirement accounts never took a hit when George was President. Also I never lost thousands in equity on my properties either.

The fact that it LOOKED like I lost all that money was the result of the Lame Stream Media making shit up. Or was it all Obamas fault. I forget.

Right health myths?

Ame®icano;8374608 said:
No, the years chosen have been disputed. Fy 200o= Clinton budget. Fy 2009 = Bush.

Nice try (again) though.

Yeah, nice try... Bush was president for what, 9 years?

it was supposed to say 2008

but fy 2008 runs to oct 2009

During Bush's terms we enjoyed the second longest economic expansion in our nations history,the lions share of the Bush tax cuts went to the lower and middle class,not the rich. Thses are true facts,its that simple.

Ame®icano;8374608 said:
No, the years chosen have been disputed. Fy 200o= Clinton budget. Fy 2009 = Bush.

Nice try (again) though.

Yeah, nice try... Bush was president for what, 9 years?

it was supposed to say 2008

but fy 2008 runs to oct 2009

Don't worry about it GT. There is no one on here that is really interested in what really happened. And there is certainly nothing in the way of information that would make Bush look bad that would be believed.

Better to type; Obama BAD, Bush GOOD. Or vice versa. Depending on your POV.

Forum List

Back