Despite threat, Republicans block election security bills

So......I'm not sure why it wouldn't be prudent to add extra protections to our elections. Shouldn't this be an issue we all can agree on?

I suppose you need to ask McConnell. His priorities are, in this order: to keep his wife's job save; keep his job; and to never let any legislation passed by the current majority in the People's House come to a vote, in what has become the chamber for the !%ers and Corporate America.

In short, McConnell is a shill for the very well off few, and an enemy of the people.

Yes, this seems to be the case. Mr. McConnell is not an honorable man. There's a difference between serving one's country and serving oneself. Mr. McConnell does not make decision for the purpose of serving the country.

Many of the senior leaders in both parties should go. I'm a firm believer in term limits.

So......I'm not sure why it wouldn't be prudent to add extra protections to our elections. Shouldn't this be an issue we all can agree on?

I suppose you need to ask McConnell. His priorities are, in this order: to keep his wife's job save; keep his job; and to never let any legislation passed by the current majority in the People's House come to a vote, in what has become the chamber for the !%ers and Corporate America.

In short, McConnell is a shill for the very well off few, and an enemy of the people.

That's terrible!!!

Who does he think he is, Harry Reid?

Only liberal nincompoops would ever think we can stop Russian election meddling via legislation. In reality, Google, Facebook, the MSM, our education cartel and Hollywood all do more election meddling than Russia ever dreamed of. If Democrats were actually concerned with election fairness they would have secured our border and devised a voter ID a long time ago.

That's terrible!!!

I doubt he thinks he's Harry Reid but they certainly graduated from the same school of politics.......wouldn't you agree?

That's terrible!!!

I doubt he thinks he's Harry Reid but they certainly graduated from the same school of politics.......wouldn't you agree?

Politics ain't beanbag.

That's terrible!!!

Politics ain't beanbag.

So says the clown. Now shhhhh and let the grown ups continue their discussion.

That's terrible!!!

Politics ain't beanbag.

Now get in the back of the bus.

That's terrible!!!

Politics ain't beanbag.

You must be today's entertainment. Thank you for the chuckle. Sincerely - grin

That's terrible!!!

Politics ain't beanbag.

You must be today's entertainment. Thank you for the chuckle. Sincerely - grin

Tip your waiters and waitresses.

Only liberal nincompoops would ever think we can stop Russian election meddling via legislation. In reality, Google, Facebook, the MSM, our education cartel and Hollywood all do more election meddling than Russia ever dreamed of. If Democrats were actually concerned with election fairness they would have secured our border and devised a voter ID a long time ago.

You are nuts.

During the hearing featuring Robert Mueller, special counsel for the 400-page Mueller Report, Rep. Will Hurd, a Texas Republican who previously served in the CIA, said Russia posed a “significant threat” as it increased the frequency and intensity of its active measures.

Mueller agreed, adding that in 2020, the threat wouldn’t be coming from Russia alone. “Many more countries are developing the capability to replicate what the Russians have done.”

“The Russians are absolutely intent on trying to interfere with our elections,” FBI Director Christopher Wray said on Tuesday.

CNN reports, "The Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday released a wide-ranging report that detailed Russia's attempts to hack US election infrastructure during the 2016 election, urging states and the federal government to do more to prevent election cyberattacks in the future.

"The 67-page bipartisan report concluded that the Russian government "directed extensive activity against U.S. election infrastructure" from 2014 through 2017.

"Based on what the IC knows about Russia's operating procedures and intentions more broadly, the IC assesses that Russia's activities against U.S. election infrastructure likely sought to further their overarching goal; undermining the integrity of elections and American confidence in democracy," it states."

"This Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should've won," President Donald Trump.

Never one to question the President on anything, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) blocked two election security measures on Thursday, arguing Democrats are trying to give themselves a "political benefit," so says The Hill.

“Clearly this request is not a serious effort to make a law. Clearly something so partisan that it only received one single solitary Republican vote in the House is not going to travel through the Senate by unanimous consent,” McConnell said.

Okay. Now the question becomes, Senator, you have enjoyed a Republican majority for over 30 months, for two years you had the assistance of a Republican controlled House, and we have been aware of this problem for over four years, where is the Republican bill(s) for election security?

There is an abundance of evidence from your own Senate Intelligence Committee that the problem has not gone away.

Is it because the boss won't allow it? He thinks it is all a "made-up story."
The media influenced the election more than anything......and Obama and his administration was the biggest security threat in Washington.

“Many more countries are developing the capability to replicate what the Russians have done.”

No way! Other nations have also figured out how to dupe stupid Democrats via Facebook trolling???

You're kinda dense, it was people like you who voted for trump, and continue to defend what is the most incompetent and biggest bully to every occupy the office of the President.

“Many more countries are developing the capability to replicate what the Russians have done.”

No way! Other nations have also figured out how to dupe stupid Democrats via Facebook trolling???

You're kinda dense, it was people like you who voted for trump, and continue to defend what is the most incompetent and biggest bully to every occupy the office of the President.
People like me? Haha

People like me didn't vote for either

That turtle faced mother fucker lacks any principles whatsoever. He called the bills “partisan” because of course he did. His base will of course blindly agree.

#MoscowMitch trends after McConnell blocks election security bills

For those who think these bills are unnecessary for some bizarre reason, don’t you think they should at least be voted on?
Can you summarize what was in the bill? I haven't seen it.

Well you could just read the article. I’m sure you’re shooting for a “gotcha” with this post but that doesn’t excuse your laziness.

Note this:

"It is very important that we maintain the integrity and security of our elections in our country," McConnell said on the Senate floor Thursday. "Any Washington involvement in that task needs to be undertaken with extreme care – extreme care -- and on a thoroughly bipartisan basis. Obviously, this legislation is not that. This is just a highly partisan bill from the same folks who spent two years hyping up a conspiracy theory about President Trump and Russia, and who continue to ignore this administration's progress at correcting the Obama Administration's failures on this subject in the 2018 election. Therefore I object."

Oh, the irony...it is blinding.
:laugh:

He never discussed specifics on what the bill did or lacks which supports his objection.

Mushmouth Mitch has become a fucking joke.

That turtle faced mother fucker lacks any principles whatsoever. He called the bills “partisan” because of course he did. His base will of course blindly agree.

#MoscowMitch trends after McConnell blocks election security bills

For those who think these bills are unnecessary for some bizarre reason, don’t you think they should at least be voted on?

Maybe he'd support it if it included universal voter ID?
Maybe he’d support if it gave his class another tax cut. Maybe he’d support it if Pelosi dressed as a clown for a day. Who the fuck knows. Maybe he could just be an adult and let the senate vote on it?

Forum List

Back