Zone1 Despite the Democrats' Latest attempt, Men cannot get pregnant.

Yea... I was just trying to get a straight answer from you. 😄

A consistent answer will do.

Well how virtuous of you.

That hasn't been scientifically determined. What we both agree on and what science agrees on is that the prefrontal cortex is the last part of the brain to develop, that this happens usually around the age of 25 and that the prefrontal cortex is responsible for decision making. That's it. Whether or not full prefrontal cortex development is necessary before people are deemed capable of making their own decisions is not something you've proven there is scientific consensus on.

I didn't ask you any questions about the law. I asked about your personal opinion. If you don't think people should drink or join the military until 25 fair enough, that would at least be some consistency. I certainly don't agree but it is consistent.

The other questions were about trying people under the age of 25 as adults, marriage and pregnancy.
Please refer to the bolded text above:
1. Yes it has been scientifically determined.
“The brain develops in a back-to-front pattern. Hence, prefrontal cortex development is the last part of the brain maturation process. As a result, teen brain development is not yet complete.

“Lack of frontal lobe maturity catalyzes a variety of teen behaviors. That’s because the prefrontal cortex is involved with a wide range of functions, known as executive functions. These include the following:
  • Complex decision-making
  • Planning skills
  • Impulse control
  • Emotional reactions
  • Focusing attention
  • Prioritizing competing information received all at once
  • The ability to ignore external distractions.”
Therefore, children and teenagers are unable to access certain skills and abilities until later in the frontal lobe development process. Consequently, lack of executive functions can result in teen risky behavior. And lack of emotional self-regulation skills can affect teen mental health. Moreover, teens are also dealing with hormones as a result of puberty.”

There are multiple studies proving the above. One trauma study warns about kids who are abused mentally or physically while growing up in such a household will have a delayed ability to process information due to the trauma. Abuse survivors lag behind the averages in brain development and any adolescent who’s been subjected to long-term abuse processes long-term decisions with greater difficulty.

2. I have given you my personal views and reiterated these personal views. I’m sorry if mentioning any type of legal aspect confused you. Even within the paragraph about laws I inserted my personal opinion.

3. Trying juveniles as adults who commit violent, often premeditated murder. When a juvenile is a danger to society they have placed themselves in a high-risk category. A person who kills for pleasure, revenge, or for financial gain will most likely go out and do it again without consequences. Violent offenders must be dealt with to at least attempt to narrow down future victims. Because a person is 17 instead of 18 and commits such an atrocity, such as taking a human life and not in self-defense, but out of anger or just to see if they can get away with it, should not walk free. Of course defense attorneys attempt to reduce the charges and penalties for their clients, but as a member of a jury I would not concern myself with the perpetrator of a violent crime being 17 or 18, because of the high risk factor of being a repeat offender. US prisons are full of repeat violent offenders, most don’t have long enough sentences and get out early.

Can a man get pregnant, of course not! As least not if you use the definition of man to be an adult human male. Trans-ideology has used mental gymnastics to redefine man, woman, gender, etc. to the point of absurd and often dangerous. Gender, being a man, woman, or neither has become a role that people take on. If a man decides to act like "a woman" and take on the role or a women, the trans-woman in many cases expects society to bend to his will and treat him as a woman and even take on the belief the he is a woman. Same with a trans-man. If adults decide to "transition" they can do so since it's a free country. I should also be free to not have to bend to trans-ideology.

What does this mean? The full frontal cortex isn't fully developed until 25 and yet as a society we allow teenagers to marry, get pregnant, have jobs, drive cars, drink alcohol and join the military and get convicted as adults all before that age. What part of our systems and institutions are you referring to? But sure, I'll answer your questions. Question is are you going to answer these questions as well?

You invented this stinky herring about "brain development" without any relationship to the actual topic and with relevance ONLY to making GENDER decisions as kids as young as GRADE SCHOOL. You are arguing AGAINST YOURSELF -- just to be contrary and support political agendas. Please continue to do so.

Pre-puberty "gender decisions" should never be made by pre-puberty kids because the hormonal development is MORE important to those decisions than "full frontal cortex" development. And those decisions should also NEVER be made by parents alone and certainly not RECRUITED by teachers and/or school staff. They should be made on the 2nd and 3rd opinions of both general and specialized medical advice.

Full Stop!! PERIOD!!!

Depends on what you're asking them to take responsibility for. Me and my brothers all had full time jobs at 16. My daughter started working 17 not because she needed to but because she wanted to. My mother had a rule that as long as we had jobs and were paying bills we were adults and she treated us as such. By 16 - 17 I trusted my daughter to be able to make most of her own choices and those she wasn't sure of she usually did a good job seeking my council or the council of her many Aunts and Uncles. Honestly though it varies depending on the person.

NOT a matter of trust and personal responsibility. It's a matter of medicine and science. And it WILL mean life/death outcomes as the statistics show. Quit playing doctor and shrink.

Why are we discounting demographics or carving out exceptions before you make a rational argument for why?

And while it's true that a higher percentage of children suffering from gender dysphoria end up committing suicide, as far as I know that rate is higher due to receiving higher amounts of vitriol and bullying, not because they feel they made the wrong decision. But if you have data suggesting this is the case then let's see it.

The suicide rate is HIGHER because the OUTCOMES smash their will to live. They have been IRREVERSIBLY harmed by REMOVING any escape path. And for you to be arguing radical political positions and making excuses for BAD decisions based on petty political dogma is pretty reprehensible. You doing a lot of deflection and bad analysis of "choice making" capabilities of minor children on life/death decisions BECAUSE you fancy yourself an adopter of radical trends -- wont change how those decisions SHOULD be made.

Equating gang life with teaching kids to be accepting of who they are shows exactly where your biases are.

Some kids want to be super-heroes. Some want to be World Series heroes. The "gender choice" canard is probably a MORE life/death decision than deciding to be a gang-banger. Although, the mortality and life devastation effects are MUCH THE SAME because of "lost opportunities" and positive life experiences that these juvenile decisions exclude... IN BOTH CASES -- those DECISIONS are horrendously "life-changing" and you're trying to equate them to NORMAL developmental SUCCESSES. For both the gang life and trans life -- IRREVERSIBLE damage is done.

Stop minimizing the impact of EITHER of these -- just to be contrary.

Last edited:
Dr. Bhavik Kumar made the remarks during a hearing on the Democrat-controlled Committee that was intended to push the narrative that restricting abortion access can harm women.

In response to a question from Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA), Kumar, medical director for primary and trans care at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast claimed, “Men can have pregnancies, especially trans men.”

“Somebody with a uterus may have the capability of becoming pregnant, whether they’re a woman or a man,” Kumar claimed. “That doesn’t make a difference.”

I'm gonna say it...

Men cannot get pregnant.

Does anyone disagree? If you agree, just await responses as I am.
If men got pregnant, abortion would be a Constitutional Amendment.

Please refer to the bolded text above:
1. Yes it has been scientifically determined.
“The brain develops in a back-to-front pattern. Hence, prefrontal cortex development is the last part of the brain maturation process. As a result, teen brain development is not yet complete.

“Lack of frontal lobe maturity catalyzes a variety of teen behaviors. That’s because the prefrontal cortex is involved with a wide range of functions, known as executive functions. These include the following:
  • Complex decision-making
  • Planning skills
  • Impulse control
  • Emotional reactions
  • Focusing attention
  • Prioritizing competing information received all at once
  • The ability to ignore external distractions.”
Therefore, children and teenagers are unable to access certain skills and abilities until later in the frontal lobe development process. Consequently, lack of executive functions can result in teen risky behavior. And lack of emotional self-regulation skills can affect teen mental health. Moreover, teens are also dealing with hormones as a result of puberty.”

There are multiple studies proving the above. One trauma study warns about kids who are abused mentally or physically while growing up in such a household will have a delayed ability to process information due to the trauma. Abuse survivors lag behind the averages in brain development and any adolescent who’s been subjected to long-term abuse processes long-term decisions with greater difficulty.

2. I have given you my personal views and reiterated these personal views. I’m sorry if mentioning any type of legal aspect confused you. Even within the paragraph about laws I inserted my personal opinion.

3. Trying juveniles as adults who commit violent, often premeditated murder. When a juvenile is a danger to society they have placed themselves in a high-risk category. A person who kills for pleasure, revenge, or for financial gain will most likely go out and do it again without consequences. Violent offenders must be dealt with to at least attempt to narrow down future victims. Because a person is 17 instead of 18 and commits such an atrocity, such as taking a human life and not in self-defense, but out of anger or just to see if they can get away with it, should not walk free. Of course defense attorneys attempt to reduce the charges and penalties for their clients, but as a member of a jury I would not concern myself with the perpetrator of a violent crime being 17 or 18, because of the high risk factor of being a repeat offender. US prisons are full of repeat violent offenders, most don’t have long enough sentences and get out early.
Great. None of those links suggests we should wait until people reach the age of 25 before we deem them capable of being responsible for themselves. Not a one.

You invented this stinky herring about "brain development" without any relationship to the actual topic and with relevance ONLY to making GENDER decisions as kids as young as GRADE SCHOOL. You are arguing AGAINST YOURSELF -- just to be contrary and support political agendas. Please continue to do so.
You're wrong. It was ClaireH who brought up brain development and it's not a red herring, it's a fair enough question I just haven't gotten any definitive evidence from her that scientists and doctors are in concensus that we all can't be held responsible for our actions until the age of 25 when the prefrontal cortex is fully developed.
Pre-puberty "gender decisions" should never be made by pre-puberty kids because the hormonal development is MORE important to those decisions than "full frontal cortex" development. And those decisions should also NEVER be made by parents alone and certainly not RECRUITED by teachers and/or school staff. They should be made on the 2nd and 3rd opinions of both general and specialized medical advice.
I never suggested prepubescent children should be making their own decisions.

In fact I said even 16 year olds should be getting the consent of their parents and rigorous examination both mental and physical to be as sure as possible that transitioning, top surgery or hormones are the right decision.
Full Stop!! PERIOD!!!
The extra exclamations don't give your words more weight.
NOT a matter of trust and personal responsibility. It's a matter of medicine and science. And it WILL mean life/death outcomes as the statistics show. Quit playing doctor and shrink.
I'm not. I'm debating a topic. That's what we're here to do.
The suicide rate is HIGHER because the OUTCOMES smash their will to live. They have been IRREVERSIBLY harmed by REMOVING any escape path. And for you to be arguing radical political positions and making excuses for BAD decisions based on petty political dogma is pretty reprehensible. You doing a lot of deflection and bad analysis of "choice making" capabilities of minor children on life/death decisions BECAUSE you fancy yourself an adopter of radical trends -- wont change how those decisions SHOULD be made.
That's a lot of assumptions without evidence. You have posted no data on why suicide rates are higher among children suffering gender dysphoria.
Some kids want to be super-heroes. Some want to be World Series heroes. The "gender choice" canard is probably a MORE life/death decision than deciding to be a gang-banger.
This isn't about playing make believe, I posted objective scientific evidence that shows signs of gender dysphoria in MRI scans.
Although, the mortality and life devastation effects are MUCH THE SAME because of "lost opportunities" and positive life experiences that these juvenile decisions exclude... IN BOTH CASES -- those DECISIONS are horrendously "life-changing" and you're trying to equate them to NORMAL developmental SUCCESSES. For both the gang life and trans life -- IRREVERSIBLE damage is done.
Provide the quote where I did this if you can.
Stop minimizing the impact of EITHER of these -- just to be contrary.
That's simply your accusation. I don't feel I've minimized these decisions at all.

Great. None of those links suggests we should wait until people reach the age of 25 before we deem them capable of being responsible for themselves. Not a one.
You are extremely predictable. I won a bet on your response even.

“ It is well established that the brain undergoes a “rewiring” process that is not complete until approximately 25 years of age.5

More?

You are extremely predictable. I won a bet on your response even.

“ It is well established that the brain undergoes a “rewiring” process that is not complete until approximately 25 years of age.5

More?
Can you provide the link and quote from any of those articles that suggest people shouldn't be making their own decisions until the prefrontal cortex is fully developed? That's what I keep asking for and that's what you keep whiffing on providing.

Provide the quote where I did this if you can.

I already DID. I quoted it right above where I discussed the VALID equating of choosing gang life or BELIEVING you need a new gender. Here it is again.

Equating gang life with teaching kids to be accepting of who they are shows exactly where your biases are.

Teaching kids to "be accepting of who they are" as PERCEIVED by a public school system USURPS science and parental involvement and is NOT a certified "diagnosis".

For demonstrating that KIDS making choices -- it matters little whether that BAD decision is between joining a gang and thinking they are misgendered -- YOU accused me of bias. It's not. It's a valid comparison showing these life-threatening decisions are NOT for them to choose without medical/psych counseling.

And BTW -- my career covered a LOT of medical imaging and you CAN NOT SEE "gender dysphoria" on an MRI. All an MRI sees is the chemical/molecule make-up of body tissue. NOT "gender confusion". That's a psychological diagnosis based on behavior, beliefs and thought processes. At onset of puberty, you WILL see large changes in chemical/molecule brain make-up -- BUT NOT in pre-pubescent kids. Which is why pre-pubes should NOT start sexual conversion at those ages.

And to be clear -- we are not talking about GENDER transition. You can transport yourself between 41 genders just BY SAYING SO. We are talking about surgical and pharmacological BODY SEXUAL REASSIGNMENT. That's TRANSEXUALISM -- not a mere gender change.

Can you provide the link and quote from any of those articles that suggest people shouldn't be making their own decisions until the prefrontal cortex is fully developed? That's what I keep asking for and that's what you keep whiffing on providing.

THat's a bogus question. Science should only answer that in the AFFIRMATIVE statement. You're expecting Science to list all the things people SHOULD NOT DO. That's not how science rolls.

And this stinky fishing about frontal cortex development doesn't apply to gender affirmation processes. That's the center for LEARNED EXPERIENCES and as such doesn't HAVE a "filled up date" on it for ANY PARTICULAR individual at ANY age. It VARIES TOO MUCH to be used as marker for making SEXUAL TRANSITIONS -- because that individual has NO LEARNED EXPERIENCES about that process.

Which is WHY disappointment and feelings of entrapment lead to HIGH suicide rates once the "experiences" of that choice IS learned.

Last edited:
AND -- STILL men can not get pregnant.
Shouldn't take 12 pages to resolve that.

Women who IDENTIFY as MALE (commonly lesbians) can get pregnant. I can IDENTIFY as a Vulcan. Doesn't mean I'm no longer HUMAN.

I like JP even though he needs a haircut.

I've got a relationship with Vanderbilt. And I'm often donating to the Med School there. I'll probably cut that back a lot because as smart as they are -- they've embarrassed themselves and the school and damaged their reputation thru arrogance and petty pursuits of political correctness.

I already DID. I quoted it right above where I discussed the VALID equating of choosing gang life or BELIEVING you need a new gender. Here it is again.
Here's my quote.

"Equating gang life with teaching kids to be accepting of who they are shows exactly where your biases are."

I stand by that. We should teach kids to be accepting of who they are. If you want to compare that to gangbanging go right ahead but I'm failing to see the connection.
Teaching kids to "be accepting of who they are" as PERCEIVED by a public school system USURPS science and parental involvement and is NOT a certified "diagnosis".
Let's try this another way. Teaching kids to not hate themselves for being different is a good thing.
For demonstrating that KIDS making choices -- it matters little whether that BAD decision is between joining a gang and thinking they are misgendered -- YOU accused me of bias. It's not. It's a valid comparison showing these life-threatening decisions are NOT for them to choose without medical/psych counseling.
People choose to join gangs, they don't choose to suffer gender dysphoria like they don't choose to be born blind.
And BTW -- my career covered a LOT of medical imaging and you CAN NOT SEE "gender dysphoria" on an MRI. All an MRI sees is the chemical/molecule make-up of body tissue. NOT "gender confusion". That's a psychological diagnosis based on behavior, beliefs and thought processes. At onset of puberty, you WILL see large changes in chemical/molecule brain make-up -- BUT NOT in pre-pubescent kids. Which is why pre-pubes should NOT start sexual conversion at those ages.
You're the only one talking about pre-pubescent children my guy.
And to be clear -- we are not talking about GENDER transition. You can transport yourself between 41 genders just BY SAYING SO. We are talking about surgical and pharmacological BODY SEXUAL REASSIGNMENT. That's TRANSEXUALISM -- not a mere gender change.
I'm very clear on the topic we're discussing.
THat's a bogus question. Science should only answer that in the AFFIRMATIVE statement. You're expecting Science to list all the things people SHOULD NOT DO. That's not how science rolls.
No I'm not. I asking ClaireH to stop trying to convince me that the prefrontal cortex is the last to develop, something I have already acknowledged repeatedly and instead to show me where these scientists and doctors say people under 25 can't make responsible decisions for themselves.
And this stinky fishing about frontal cortex development doesn't apply to gender affirmation processes. That's the center for LEARNED EXPERIENCES and as such doesn't HAVE a "filled up date" on it for ANY PARTICULAR individual at ANY age. It VARIES TOO MUCH to be used as marker for making SEXUAL TRANSITIONS -- because that individual has NO LEARNED EXPERIENCES about that process.
😄

Who are you shouting at and why?
Which is WHY disappointment and feelings of entrapment lead to HIGH suicide rates once the "experiences" of that choice IS learned.
You still haven't produced any link proving that to be the case. Why is that?
AND -- STILL men can not get pregnant.
Shouldn't take 12 pages to resolve that.

Women who IDENTIFY as MALE (commonly lesbians) can get pregnant. I can IDENTIFY as a Vulcan. Doesn't mean I'm no longer HUMAN.
You can't even get the terminology right. It's biological females who transitioning to men. The biological words are male and female. Women and men are the social constructs. You can't transition from one biological sex to the other.

Here's my quote.

"Equating gang life with teaching kids to be accepting of who they are shows exactly where your biases are."

I stand by that. We should teach kids to be accepting of who they are. If you want to compare that to gangbanging go right ahead but I'm failing to see the connection.

Let's try this another way. Teaching kids to not hate themselves for being different is a good thing.

People choose to join gangs, they don't choose to suffer gender dysphoria like they don't choose to be born blind.

You're the only one talking about pre-pubescent children my guy.

I'm very clear on the topic we're discussing.

No I'm not. I asking ClaireH to stop trying to convince me that the prefrontal cortex is the last to develop, something I have already acknowledged repeatedly and instead to show me where these scientists and doctors say people under 25 can't make responsible decisions for themselves.

😄

Who are you shouting at and why?

You still haven't produced any link proving that to be the case. Why is that?

You can't even get the terminology right. It's biological females who transitioning to men. The biological words are male and female. Women and men are the social constructs. You can't transition from one biological sex to the other.
Proof that making the decision too early in life to change sexes has not only created the need for another label: detransitioners, but there is vast evidence that teenagers don’t understand the differences between being uncomfortable with their body and/or signs of clinical depression- (see quote below by one girl who regretted her decision based upon those two factors) and dysphoria. It is very common for teenagers, both male and female, to be uncomfortable in someway about their body. Depression, unfortunately, is also a likely cause for feelings of low self-worth and confusion during the formative years. Peer pressure, social group admires kids who’ve “come out” receive special attention in certain schools. For example, school parade for gay kids while straight kids sit on the floor with clapping teachers model the expected reaction. Are the schools holding straight parades? Uh, no, ntmk. All kids deserve to be treated with respect in schools and tolerance modeled. This is not about modeling acceptance but giving special attention to a subset of students. More students who are not dysphoric are likely to want special attention. Teenagers overall like attention and recognition.

“My dysphoria collided with my general depression issues and body image issues,” Helena recalled. “I just came to the conclusion that I was born in the wrong body and that all my problems in life would be solved if I transitioned.”

“I was failed by the system. I literally lost organs.”
“When Chloe was 12 years old, she decided she was transgender. At 13, she came out to her parents. That same year, she was put on puberty blockers and prescribed testosterone. At 15, she underwent a double mastectomy. Less than a year later, she realized she’d made a mistake — all by the time she was 16 years old.”

The above information is for interested readers. CG- continue to reject all evidence and to deflect from evidence provided, you’re too obvious btw.

Last edited:
Proof that making the decision too early in life to change sexes has not only created the need for another label: detransitioners, but there is vast evidence that teenagers don’t understand the differences between being uncomfortable with their body and/or signs of clinical depression- (see quote below by one girl who regretted her decision based upon those two factors) and dysphoria. It is very common for teenagers, both male and female, to be uncomfortable in someway about their body. Depression, unfortunately, is also a likely cause for feelings of low self-worth and confusion during the formative years. Peer pressure, social group admires kids who’ve “come out” receive special attention in certain schools. For example, school parade for gay kids while straight kids sit on the floor with clapping teachers model the expected reaction. Are the schools holding straight parades? Uh, no, ntmk. All kids deserve to be treated with respect in schools and tolerance modeled. This is not about modeling acceptance but giving special attention to a subset of students. More students who are not dysphoric are likely to want special attention. Teenagers overall like attention and recognition.

“My dysphoria collided with my general depression issues and body image issues,” Helena recalled. “I just came to the conclusion that I was born in the wrong body and that all my problems in life would be solved if I transitioned.”

“I was failed by the system. I literally lost organs.”
“When Chloe was 12 years old, she decided she was transgender. At 13, she came out to her parents. That same year, she was put on puberty blockers and prescribed testosterone. At 15, she underwent a double mastectomy. Less than a year later, she realized she’d made a mistake — all by the time she was 16 years old.”

The above information is for interested readers. CG- continue to reject all evidence and to deflect from evidence provided, you’re too obvious btw.

A thoughtful post. Thank you.

Taking puberty blockers and hormones ..... and having surgery removing perfectly functional organs and replacing them with pseudo-organs to look like the opposite sex is a radical treatment for a disorder of the mind.

If gender is "a social construct" not dependent on the sex organs of an individual, then why should a minor need to have surgery to look like the opposite sex. Simply be the gender you are and do no harm to your body.

Forum List

Back