Deseret News attacks Trump for yesterday's disaster in Helsinki

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Over the years I have known several at the DN.

I never expect it to outright go after Trump. But that is what happened.

We know the president has supporters. They like his selections for the Supreme Court and put him in the White House because his America-first approach resonated with them. But he had a real chance Monday to put his stamp on America first, championing the rule of law, democracy and protecting the land from outside attacks. He didn’t do it, and that’s disturbing.

Since the end of World War II, U.S. diplomatic efforts regarding first the Soviet Union, and then Russia and the Russian Federation, have been fairly consistent regardless of which political party was in power. This mutual respect among past presidents and a current administration have been important in maintaining a consistency in terms of aims and expectations for American foreign policy.

In addition, the president seemed too eager to fall back on old political talking points.

In his opening remarks he said, “I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace than to risk peace in pursuit of politics.” However, he quickly followed that by turning political, attacking alleged misdeeds by the Hillary Clinton campaign and touting his own victory in 2016 rather than directly confronting Putin with the evidence of Russian interference

In our opinion: Trump, Putin press conference: Was this really America first?

In my opinion, this guys opinion is meaningless, much like yours is.

Fake Jake claims to be a school educator.

Yet he can't even spell the word "desert" in the thread's title.

No wonder our public schools are a disaster and American kids are receiving a substandard education. .... :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Fake Jake claims to be a school educator.

Yet he can't even spell the word "desert" in the thread's title.

No wonder our public schools are a disaster and American kids are receiving a substandard education. .... :cuckoo:

I also thought the desert, but this is what news organisation from the link is:

upload_2018-7-17_14-10-17.png

upload_2018-7-17_14-16-47.png

Deseret News - Wikipedia

I Googled Deseret and this is what I get that The State of Deseret was an unrecognised State suggested within Utah by the Church of The Latter Day Saints, the State exist for two years but never recognised by the United States Government:

State of Deseret - Wikipedia

Oh well, I guess I own Jakie boy an apology.

Sorry Jake, but your still a nitwit. ... :eusa_angel:

No apology is necessary. The so-called "News" outlet didn't know how to spell "desert" either, so it is blind leading blind.

Forum List

Back