DeSantis suspends Democrat "Soros-backed" state attorney Andrew Warren for refusing to enforce state laws, including recent restrictions to abortion

FZVoxzEWIAUVfwi

You forget that the people also elected DeSantis, and he's doing precisely what they elected him for. He's well within his power under the state constitution to do what he's doing.

Same applies to the legislature.

Are you going to call that authoritarian too? Your naivete is breathtaking.
So you think governors are Kings?

He was elected to be the Governor, NOT THE COUNTY Attorney general or prosecutor.

Y'all just Love your wanna be Dictators and hate our democratic republic, don't you?

I mean really?

Without any due process, the governor can fire everyone elected by the people of the state whenever he feels like it?

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

You really think that is OK?

Last edited:

He was elected to be the Governor, NOT THE COUNTY Attorney general or prosecutor.

Y'all just Love your wanna be Dictators and hate our democratic republic, don't you?
They sure do.

August 4 2022
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán called on conservatives in Europe and the U.S. to take back power from liberals, declaring a "clash of civilizations" is underway.

The far-right leader, who addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Texas on Thursday.

Orbán, who came to power in 2010, has increasingly clamped down on political opposition and press freedom, consolidating his power further over the last two elections.

During his speech, Orbán also attacked Jewish billionaire George Soros, former President Barack Obama, "globalists," and the Democratic Party: "They hate me and slander me and my country, as they hate you."

A day before his appearance at CPAC, Orbán and his delegation met with former President Donald Trump at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.

Of course, he did, Trump and his cult LOVE dictators, like Putin and DeSantis.

the people not the governor get to elect the officials in government, , even my 12 year old understands that

Surprising how a country that has always bragged about its rights and freedoms, will so readily squander them away for a phony like Trump or Trumpism on the part of De Santis.

I mean really?

Without any due process, the governor can fire everyone elected by the people of the state whenever he feels like it?

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

Nobody is a king. But if the Constitution allows him to do it, then he can. He didn't write it, since the current one was ratified in 1968, including the provision in question which gives him the power to do what he's doing. You liberals love when a law gives you power, but whine about authoritarianism and dictatorial decrees when they don't. You can't stand when a law you like is suddenly used against you but will use a law you hate for your own benefit.

If the people of Florida thought that provision needed to be changed, they would have done so during the last 54 years after it was ratified. So, your issue isn't with DeSantis, it's with the state constitution itself. If that bothers you so much, convince the people of Florida to start a constitutional referendum on the subject.

Otherwise, spare me your childish sophistry. It's utterly tiresome.

(And yes, I think what he's doing is absolutely okay. Think about the people he is hurting by not enforcing the laws of Florida, but for you its never about the people this guy hurts, but the people someone you disagree with allegedly hurts. )

Last edited:
DeSantis makes MAJOR announcement suspending Soros-backed, social justice-obsessed 13th circuit state attorney Andrew Warren

Coming to the party late here, but at some point, whether Democrat, Republican, Libertarian or something else, Americans are going to have to decide if we are to be a country guided and ruled by the laws our elected representatives pass or whether we are going to be a country of anarchists, mob rule, oligarchy of partisan litigators or courts.

No matter what side of the abortion issue, a judge at ANY level is not given authority to make law, rewrite law, change law, ignore law when deciding what the merits of a case are. He/she is to decide according to what the law is. If s/he ethically or morally cannot do that, s/he should recuse or step down.

If it is a bad law it is the people who should petition their legislators to change it and it is the city council or legislature or Congress that should change it. It is not any judge's call. That is precisely what overturning Roe was all about. It was not a judgment against abortion but recognition that it was an issue the court was never given authority to decide. The court returned it to the states to legislate where it always should have been.

Interesting. There have been a good number of stories out there about Sheriffs and other law enforcement officials and others stating they would not enforce gun laws they did not agree with....and nobody that I can recall on the right had any issues with that at all.
Isn’t there something in a Sheriff’s oath of office that they have to uphold the Constitution and that’s being used as a reason to not enforce those laws? Because they violate the 2nd amendment. I read that somewhere But am too lazy to research it.

DeSantis laws are unconstitutional and illegal and should not be enforced. If Florida passed a law banning handguns and this guy refused to enforce it, you'd be fucking cheering him, you hyptocritical asshole.

Because these illegal and unconstitution laws are attacking free speech and women, you want him hung for it.
Not the DA‘s job to make that determination though.

I mean really?

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

Wait i thought pushing decisions like this to lower levels of government was bad it needed to be decided at the Federal level. Now youre mad that this decision isn’t being made at the County level?

It is the law that every government official should disobey illegal orders.
So a law passed by an elected legislature and signed by an elected Governor can just be ignored by the County DA because he doesnt like it? Also please post a link to the FL statute where anything approaching that is in the law.

Forum List

Back