DeSantis Pounding Lying Christi in Florida by a Whoping 8.8 %

Conversations here often riff off the OP and it seems okay. Just an FYI

In this case the Marxists are going off topic so that they can tell lies and avoid the topic. Not okay.

I know you are not doing that but they are

Thinking a teacher can say anything in the classroom.

People are frankly idiots about "freedom of speech". Who has the freedom to say whatever they want at work? Tell one of your customers to F off and when your boss explodes say hey, freedom of speech. See how that goes.

People don't understand that ALL freedom of speech means is that the govt cannot arrest, jail or otherwise persecute you for speaking your mind. JUST THE GOV. Not in any other context.

No I don't. I never said that. I am saying YOU would not want me to use my "freedom of speech" to preach to small children. Right?
Actually it's the Constitution that precludes you doing that. I believe in the Constitution.
Disney went after his laws so he said, oh hey, nice little tax bennies you got there. Shame if something happened to them.
Disney used their freedom of speech to express displeasure with what the Florida government ruled . DiSantis turned the power of the state against them because of that. Interesting that use the voice of a Mob Boss there.
Don't like your tactics turned on you?
Those are NOT "my tactics". They are the tactics of an authoritarian

Actually it's the Constitution that precludes you doing that. I believe in the Constitution.

Disney used their freedom of speech to express displeasure with what the Florida government ruled . DiSantis turned the power of the state against them because of that. Interesting that use the voice of a Mob Boss there.

Those are NOT "my tactics". They are the tactics of an authoritarian

What are you even arguing? That Disney lost their cushy tax benefits--CORPORATE CARVE OUTS--?? So what!! That's not a violation of freedom of speech. It was a BENEFIT they got that was rescinded. They weren't FINED or had their businesses shut down like liberals do.

What are you even arguing? That Disney lost their cushy tax benefits--CORPORATE CARVE OUTS--?? So what!! That's not a violation of freedom of speech. It was a BENEFIT they got that was rescinded. They weren't FINED or had their businesses shut down like liberals do.

Bingo. EXCELLENT point.

Off topic, but excellent.

People are frankly idiots about "freedom of speech". Who has the freedom to say whatever they want at work? Tell one of your customers to F off and when your boss explodes say hey, freedom of speech. See how that goes.

People don't understand that ALL freedom of speech means is that the govt cannot arrest, jail or otherwise persecute you for speaking your mind. JUST THE GOV. Not in any other context.
Wow...so conservatives are going after freedom of speech now huh?

As a teacher you should understand that the Constitution ONLY protects rights from the power of the state

What DiSantis is doing is CLEARLY using the power of the state to stifle freedom of speech

What DiSantis is doing is CLEARLY using the power of the state to stifle freedom of speech

Do corporations have freedom of speech?

Is freedom of speech supposed to be free from consequence?

Is having a BENEFIT rescinded a consequence?

Gosh. I seem to remember Lois Lerner putting some conservative entities through the wringer cause she didn't like their speech. And she got away with it. Don't like the turnabout? TOO BAD. Cry harder.

You can't rationally blame the media for Trump or Desantis.. everything they say or do is documented on video or Twitter or press releases.
"Documented" in DISTORTION - like when CNN showed a video of Trump's Jan 6 speech, and then cut it off, right before he said "make your voices heard, peacefully & patriotically"

And who can forget the infamous doctored tape of the Rodney King arrest ? Deliberately designed to make it appear as police brutality, when actually, cops did all they could to arrest King peacefully, but he fought with them, and caused the force that was imposed upon him.

"Documented" in DISTORTION - like when CNN showed a video of Trump's Jan 6 speech, and then cut it off, right before he said "make your voices heard, peacefully & patriotically"

And who can forget the infamous doctored tape of the Rodney King arrest ? Deliberately designed to make it appear as police brutality, when actually, cops did all they could to arrest King peacefully, but he fought with them, and caused the force that was imposed upon him.
Freedom of speech is not absolute. There are many legal restrictions on it in American society, all proper.

Lesh and surada are propagandists and liars. You might as well be talking to a brick wall.

Can you give an opinion on the thread topic? Nobody else is.

Really think America is going to go for a Florida Man?!?! :laughing0301:
Without a doubt.
1650800888878.png

And what does that have to do with the poll? The thread topic is the poll.

Gov. Ron DeSantis, the man who defended children from pedophile groomers in schools, is beating the man who floats from political party to political party, Charlie Cuck Crist, by a comfortable 8.8 %.

commentrary-png.635457
It’s weird how gun control laws aren’t supposed to work, but anti-grooming laws will suddenly deter perverts! DeSantis is just in it for the headlines.

Yea...book banning and using the power of the state to stifle freedom of speech has a way of doing that
There is lots of speech that SHOULD be stifled. The fact that you don't want it to be, shows how far out in the lunatic fringe you are.

It’s weird how gun control laws aren’t supposed to work, but anti-grooming laws will suddenly deter perverts! DeSantis is just in it for the headlines.
Who said "gun control laws aren’t supposed to work" ? Anti-grooming laws WILL deter perverts or they will pay huge fines.

A person who believes his or her rights were violated, may file a complaint with the Florida Commission on Human Relations within 365 days of the alleged violation and then, in most cases, pursue a civil or administrative action. Remedies available under the law include injunctive relief, back pay, compensatory damages and punitive damages (not to exceed $100,000).

The Florida attorney general is also empowered to bring civil actions for damages, injunctive relief, and fines not to exceed $10,000 per violation when the attorney general has cause to belief an employer engaged in a pattern or practice of discrimination, or otherwise engaged in discrimination that violates the law and raises issues of “great public interest.”

You're a teacher?

You should understand the Constitution then. Apparently you don't.

Go read it. DiSantis is attacking Disney (using the power of the state) because they have expressed their freedom of speech.

You want to use the power of the state to advance YOUR religion. The Constitution says you can't do that
Gina from "The Mandalorian" practiced her free speech. We know what happened. A massively woke sellout corporate giant that pays no taxes while firing anyone who goes gainst their globalist agendas. Yet like Pedos molesting a child they let their masters, the Chinese molest anyone who gets paid a good and they like it.

Who said "gun control laws aren’t supposed to work" ? Anti-grooming laws WILL deter perverts or they will pay huge fines.

A person who believes his or her rights were violated, may file a complaint with the Florida Commission on Human Relations within 365 days of the alleged violation and then, in most cases, pursue a civil or administrative action. Remedies available under the law include injunctive relief, back pay, compensatory damages and punitive damages (not to exceed $100,000).

The Florida attorney general is also empowered to bring civil actions for damages, injunctive relief, and fines not to exceed $10,000 per violation when the attorney general has cause to belief an employer engaged in a pattern or practice of discrimination, or otherwise engaged in discrimination that violates the law and raises issues of “great public interest.”
Does the law really address grooming or is it just an attempt to stop people from saying things some people don’t want to hear. IMO, the law is so vague, it won’t survive judicial scrutiny.

Forum List

Back