DeSantis leads Trump in WSJ Poll

How is old Brandon doing? Do democrats have any other options besides Harris?
MV5BZjc2ODVhMzItNjUyZS00MmYxLTk0NjUtMWU2OGE4MTkyMzFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_UY100_CR38,0,100,100_AL_.jpg

And by a lot, too.

Update!

Poll: Trump Leads DeSantis by 18 Points in Potential 2024 Primary Matchup​

I don’t think DeSantis wants to get in the mud and slug it out with Trump.

1) DeSantis doesn’t seem to have that kind of personality. Trump would be more than happy to roll around in the mud. DeSantis not so much.

2) This would be a very difficult balance for DeSantis. He would need to go after Trump but he wouldn’t be able to go too hard because he can’t afford to alienate the many Trump supporters backing him.

3) Age is a factor. DeSantis has time. He can shrug this one off and come back in 2028 with no problem. I think this will be his move.

Trump will destroy DeSantis, and destroy the Republican Party. And the Party will pretty much stay silent.

I don’t think DeSantis wants to get in the mud and slug it out with Trump.
1) DeSantis doesn’t seem to have that kind of personality. Trump would be more than happy to roll around in the mud. DeSantis not so much.
2) This would be a very difficult balance for DeSantis. He would need to go after Trump but he wouldn’t be able to go too hard because he can’t afford to alienate the many Trump supporters backing him.
3) Age is a factor. DeSantis has time. He can shrug this one off and come back in 2028 with no problem. I think this will be his move.
1. Desantis doesn't have to roll in any mud, he just has to say Trump is damaged goods and is un-electable.
2. Desantis would just have to explain to Trump supporters that Independent voters, and even some Republicans would never vote for Trump after J6. If they want to win in 2024 Desantis is the best bet.
3. Age is a factor, 2024 is a year away and Trump will be too old to campaign as he did before, and Desantis should just say that he supports the Trump policies and can point to his record as a popular FL governor. Biden will be 82 in 2024, and Trump will be 77. The average US male lives to be 76. BOTH are too old for the most important job in the world.

1. Desantis doesn't have to roll in any mud, he just has to say Trump is damaged goods and is un-electable.
Trump is already taking shots at DeSantis and DeSantis won’t even defend himself. That’s what I mean by rolling around in the mud.

Here’s what I think will happen:

- DeSantis stays out of the 2024 election for the previously stated reasons. He figures he will watch the Trump disaster unfold and wait patiently.

- With no other serious contenders, Trump wins the Republican nomination.

- Trump likely gets crushed again in the general election.

- Trump whines that the election was stolen. Again.

- Republicans are furious with Trump losing another election. They finally dump him.

- The support for DeSantis gets louder.

- DeSantis easily wins the next Republican nomination.

- DeSantis is a strong contender for the 2028 election.

DeSantis knows this. He likes this option because he doesn’t need to get his hands dirty wrestling with Trump.

Trump is already taking shots at DeSantis and DeSantis won’t even defend himself. That’s what I mean by rolling around in the mud.
Here’s what I think will happen:
- DeSantis stays out of the 2024 election for the previously stated reasons. He figures he will watch the Trump disaster unfold and wait patiently.
- With no other serious contenders, Trump wins the Republican nomination.
- Trump likely gets crushed again in the general election.
- Trump whines that the election was stolen. Again.
- Republicans are furious with Trump losing another election. They finally dump him.
- The support for DeSantis gets louder.
- DeSantis easily wins the next Republican nomination.
- DeSantis is a strong contender for the 2028 election.
DeSantis knows this. He likes this option because he doesn’t need to get his hands dirty wrestling with Trump.
1. Trump was told to back the fuck off after calling Ron "Desanctimonius"
2. Trump has no big money donors, they all went to Desantis
3. Your description of the Trump 2024 train-wreck is spot-on. That's precisely why Trump won't be allowed to win the 2024 nomination. The country can't take 4-more years of democrats in the WH.
4. Desantis knows that after 4-years of Biden and no serious democrat 2024 candidates, 2024 is his for the taking.

Either I'm underestimating Trump's hold on the GOP, or you're overestimating it.
Polls are showing Trump fading and Desantis climbing.

1. Trump was told to back the fuck off after calling Ron "Desanctimonius"
2. Trump has no big money donors, they all went to Desantis
3. Your description of the Trump 2024 train-wreck is spot-on. That's precisely why Trump won't be allowed to win the 2024 nomination. The country can't take 4-more years of democrats in the WH.
4. Desantis knows that after 4-years of Biden and no serious democrat 2024 candidates, 2024 is his for the taking.

Either I'm underestimating Trump's hold on the GOP, or you're overestimating it.
Polls are showing Trump fading and Desantis climbing.
IF DeSantis runs then Trump is in trouble. IF.

If DeSantis doesn’t run, Trump runs away with the nomination.

Forum List

Back