Democrats Still Clinging To Myth of "Jobs Americans Won't Do"

Here's another example of "white discrimination."

We bought a brewery in upstate New York several years ago. We advertised for 125 positions.

500 people applied. Half of them weren't qualified. We interviewed the rest.

We offered positions to 150 people. (Almost all of them were white.)

125 accepted.

On the first day, 75 showed up for the first day of work.

So as far as I'm concerned, STFU about white working class discrimination.

"Who will mow our lawns if not for illegal aliens?" said Rep. Tom Malinowski (D-NJ) (despite decades of proof to the contrary). At a public speaking event, in Hillsborough, NJ, Malinowski advised voters that there were very good reasons to keep illegal aliens flowing into the US.

“There are a lot of jobs in our community that, like it or not, for better or for worse, Americans are not willing to take,” said Malinowski. He went on to say "“Who do you think is taking care of our seniors? Who do you think is mowing our beautiful lawns in Somerset County?"

Well, maybe there are SOME Americans who wouldn't take these jobs, but I can assure you Tom, there are millions of Americans who are doing jobs, a lot tougher than mowing lawns, cleaning bathrooms, and picking oranges in Florida,

Some of those would include police officers, firefighters, coal miners, and the troops in Afghanistan. As for the lawn mowing, I can remember when American high school and college kids used to mow lawns, on a regular basis and with a non-motorized lawn mower, and I don't see too many illegal aliens losing arms legs, and lives, mowing lawns taking care of seniors, or picking fruit.

Secondly, how many times does it have to be mentioned about the CIS studies that have showed the jobs that allegedly "American's won't do" have consistently been done, over the years, mostly BY NATIVE-BORN AMERICANS. >> maids/housekeepers (55% native-born), taxi drivers (58% native-born), grounds maintenance workers (65% native-born), janitors (73% native-born)

Of the 472 civilian occupations, studied in Census Bureau data collected from 2009 to 2011, only six are majority immigrant (legal and illegal). These six occupations account for 1 percent of the total U.S. workforce. Moreover, native-born Americans still comprise 46 percent of workers even in these 6 occupations.

Democrat: Who Will Mow Our Lawns If Not For Illegal Aliens?

Are There Really Jobs Americans Won’t Do?
Check out the Dirty Jobs show by Mike Lowe. I can't think of a tougher job than farming if it is not automated or mechanized.

We bought a brewery in upstate New York several years ago. We advertised for 125 positions.

125 accepted.

I think that's fair!

125 accepted.

Do you believe that various forces, PLURAL, such as a decline in unionism, has caused wages to stagnate, especially for the working class, for decades?

I think that's fair!

Look, I know that at times I come across as arrogant and condescending towards Trump's base. But I'm trying really, really hard to understand their plight. Even though I'm a hardcore capitalist, I try to be sympathetic to the plight of others.

However, I also know what we've experienced. And at times, it's hard to reconcile what I've witnessed and what this white working class complains about.

When illegal immigrants are willing to work much harder than the locals, even though I don't agree with illegals and the fucking liberals open borders policies, it's hard to feel sorry for the locals in general.

I think that's fair!

Look, I know that at times I come across as arrogant and condescending towards Trump's base. But I'm trying really, really hard to understand their plight. Even though I'm a hardcore capitalist, I try to be sympathetic to the plight of others.

However, I also know what we've experienced. And at times, it's hard to reconcile what I've witnessed and what this white working class complains about.

When illegal immigrants are willing to work much harder than the locals, even though I don't agree with illegals and the fucking liberals open borders policies, it's hard to feel sorry for the locals in general.

Do you believe that various forces, such as a decline in unionism, has caused wages to stagnate, especially for the working class, for decades?

Its BS and always has been BS...the American people will do those jobs if they have to....get Daddy Government to stop giving them loose change and food stamps every month and they will take those jobs in a heart beat....

Do you believe that various forces, such as a decline in unionism, has caused wages to stagnate, especially for the working class, for decades?

Yes.

And one of those "various forces" is that American workers aren't willing to do certain jobs that their parents and grandparents were willing to do.

They view those jobs as beneath them.

I think that's fair!

That's why I support a work requirement for welfare. Lol

Yes.

And one of those "various forces" is that American workers aren't willing to do certain jobs that their parents and grandparents were willing to do.

They view those jobs as beneath them.

What do you imagine, reversing that trend looks like, if it is not this?

YOu are an employer. YOu are struggling to find workers to fill your openings. The balance of power is shifting towards the worker.

Sorry that this makes your life harder. But we need to keep it up, for the next 50 years, to even break even for the time lost with bad ideas.

I wish you luck in dealing with it.

There are too many jobs, and not enough employees. Bringing back manufacturing would just make the labor shortage worse. Of course it would just mean more immigrants do jobs that Americans won't do.
So you deny the proof stated in the OP ?

You want a little more ? >>

th
th
th

That's why I support a work requirement for welfare. Lol

Or that new immigrants should get welfare at all.

I totally get the criticism of liberals and their retarded policies of putting new illegal immigrants ahead of Americans.

The single most defining moment of the 2020 election that re-elects the dumbass Trump may be when every single Democratic Presidential candidate raised their hands when asked if they agreed that illegal immigrants should get their healthcare paid for by the government.

Did you read the OP ? Is so, read it again, until it sticks.

While you're at it, see Post # 34 & 38.

Forum List

Back