Democrats Still Clinging To Myth of "Jobs Americans Won't Do"

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
"Who will mow our lawns if not for illegal aliens?" said Rep. Tom Malinowski (D-NJ) (despite decades of proof to the contrary). At a public speaking event, in Hillsborough, NJ, Malinowski advised voters that there were very good reasons to keep illegal aliens flowing into the US.

“There are a lot of jobs in our community that, like it or not, for better or for worse, Americans are not willing to take,” said Malinowski. He went on to say "“Who do you think is taking care of our seniors? Who do you think is mowing our beautiful lawns in Somerset County?"

Well, maybe there are SOME Americans who wouldn't take these jobs, but I can assure you Tom, there are millions of Americans who are doing jobs, a lot tougher than mowing lawns, cleaning bathrooms, and picking oranges in Florida,

Some of those would include police officers, firefighters, coal miners, and the troops in Afghanistan. As for the lawn mowing, I can remember when American high school and college kids used to mow lawns, on a regular basis and with a non-motorized lawn mower, and I don't see too many illegal aliens losing arms legs, and lives, mowing lawns taking care of seniors, or picking fruit.

Secondly, how many times does it have to be mentioned about the CIS studies that have showed the jobs that allegedly "American's won't do" have consistently been done, over the years, mostly BY NATIVE-BORN AMERICANS. >> maids/housekeepers (55% native-born), taxi drivers (58% native-born), grounds maintenance workers (65% native-born), janitors (73% native-born)

Of the 472 civilian occupations, studied in Census Bureau data collected from 2009 to 2011, only six are majority immigrant (legal and illegal). These six occupations account for 1 percent of the total U.S. workforce. Moreover, native-born Americans still comprise 46 percent of workers even in these 6 occupations.

Democrat: Who Will Mow Our Lawns If Not For Illegal Aliens?

Are There Really Jobs Americans Won’t Do?

While it's TRUE Americans wont take certain jobs, I support a work requirement.
If the people dont care about themselves, I certainly shouldn't give a damn about them.
The rhetoric around illegals and their acceptance of shit jobs is bigoted. Of course, leftists are allowed to be bigoted against everyone

If the people dont care about themselves, I certainly shouldn't give a damn about them.
The rhetoric around illegals and their acceptance of shit jobs is bigoted. Of course, leftists are allowed to be bigoted against everyone
So you deny the proof stated in the OP ?

So you deny the proof stated in the OP ?
Not necessarily, no.

I'm almost finished building a house.

My builder said he couldn't hire "white Americans" to do the foundation and framing.

He said that he's thinking about importing workers from Mexico because he can't find enough Americans to work on his next house.

My builder said he couldn't hire "white Americans" to do the foundation and framing.

He said that he's thinking about importing workers from Mexico because he can't find enough Americans to work on his next house.
Maybe you hired a greedy asshole that pays slave wages.

No one is asking him to limit his hiring to whites.

HOw much is he paying an hour?

He's a high quality builder whose subs love him.

AMERICANS mowing lawns (the hard way) >.

best-manual-push-lawn-mower-300x225.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

There are too many jobs, and not enough employees. Bringing back manufacturing would just make the labor shortage worse. Of course it would just mean more immigrants do jobs that Americans won't do.

Not really an answer.

Idk my man. Maybe FL is different. White people doing shit jobs around here doesn't end.

Here's another thing. We own a LOT of shit.

Some of that shit requires trucking.

And guess what? There's a shortage of truckers.

People don't want to work in trucking, even though we pay $70-80,000 a year.

Not really an answer.

He doesn't pay slave wages.

I know because I fucking pay him!

My costs are 30% ABOVE what I was quoted from a cheaper contractor.

Have you tried paying 80,000-90,000 a year?

Become a communist and give it all away.
Will be cheaper for you.

Not really an answer.

He doesn't pay slave wages.

I know because I fucking pay him!

My costs are 30% ABOVE what I was quoted from a cheaper contractor.

Do you believe that various forces, such as a decline in unionism, has caused wages to stagnate, especially for the working class, for decades?

Forum List

Back