Democrats simply can't run on ideas

We had one good run (Congress in 2010), period, since 2006. However, I agree with you that we need "solid ideas", other than tax cuts for the rich. If we can come up with a clear program of governance, America will be better off.

In a lot of circumstances the "solid ideas" that are catching on are just redefining or refining current objectives to offer a more palatable option.

Initially Republicans were forced to follow the Democrat dialog of "comprehensive immigration reform" with their additional calls for "improved border security". Now some of the candidates have allowed Establishment Republicans to carry on about not allowing amnesty to pass as part of their policy platform ... Where more appealing candidates recognize the issues, but maintain the premise border security is a primary concern that can stand alone. If politicians want to score points either through granting amnesty or opposing it ... It doesn't do a damn thing to address the security issue.

Minimum Wage issues don't address the hundreds of well paying jobs the Keystone Pipeline will bring to the refining industry here ... Just pick the fights that address the concerns that best serve the area. They understand the greatest contributor to income inequality and the shrinking average household income is unemployment and underemployment.

A candidate that decides to run around chasing the tag lines the Democrats can throw out ... And doesn't start addressing issues they can make positive progress towards ... Then we will only see more years of gridlock due to the coattail issues rejected by one side or the other.

Republicans must work across the aisle if they don't want to get hammered in 2014.

Republicans must work across the aisle if they don't want to get hammered in 2014.

I think you have to look at that issue both ways. I am not a President Clinton fan at all ... But there is no denying that President Clinton was able to negotiate and advance some meaningful legislation and reforms with a GOP controlled House and Senate.

Working across the aisle requires both sides of the aisle being committed to meaningful legislation.

I think you have to look at that issue both ways. I am not a President Clinton fan at all ... But there is no denying that President Clinton was able to negotiate and advance some meaningful legislation and reforms with a GOP controlled House and Senate.

Working across the aisle requires both sides of the aisle being committed to meaningful legislation.

I agree and I hope it happens.

Obama the negotiator, the republicans can come but they will have to ride in the back seat.

I agree and I hope it happens.

So far Obama has shown that he is not interested in working with Congress. Why should he when he has Harry Reid as a pocket veto. I don't believe Obama has the capability or the desire to work with the Republicans or the Democrats in his own party.

That's not so, as you well know. We won't overturn ACA at all, we can't defund it, but we can offer improvements in it that BHO will have to accept. There other issues, such as immigration, on which there is much ground for both sides to work with.

First, you say there is no such things as racial or class welfare, grievances, then you say they got worse under the Dems.

A 14 year old would take you apart in a debate.

Ever notice that ignorant righties love to cry CLASS WARFARE when we try to fight back when the corporations/rich/GOP wage it on us?

Class warfare has always and will always exist. Government should be the referee, not on either side.
Much like ADHD and other labels that is manufactured bullshit made up to pacify the ignorant

That's not so, as you well know. We won't overturn ACA at all, we can't defund it, but we can offer improvements in it that BHO will have to accept. There other issues, such as immigration, on which there is much ground for both sides to work with.

We'll be happy to fix what is wrong with Obamacare or the ACA. We should have done single payer in the first place but unfortunately the GOP wouldn't go along unless we let the Healthcare Giants write the law.

And so that is why it mandates that everyone buy their products. The ACA was great for the Healthcare giant monopolies.

We'll be happy to fix what is wrong with Obamacare or the ACA. We should have done single payer in the first place but unfortunately the GOP wouldn't go along unless we let the Healthcare Giants write the law.

And so that is why it mandates that everyone buy their products. The ACA was great for the Healthcare giant monopolies.

The GOP didn't go along. Name one that vote for it.

Why would he have to accept anything? He will have the VETO and there aren't enough votes in the Senate to over ride it.

They could have obstructed but they let it get passed and then thought they would use it to against the Democrats to win the 2010 and 2014 elections. It may have helped them a little in 2010 midterms but certainly didn't help them in 2014. Obama won a huge victory in 2014 and Hillary will win in 2016. Deal with it.

All I hear on tv & in their adds is:

Race bullshit
Minimum wage bullshit (I mean seriously, how many voters work for minimum wage? .02%?)
All of their adds are negative & appealing to the stupidest among us.
Their spouses run around STEALING the yard signs of their opponents.
They buy the votes of the most downtrodden.
They cheat like a 6 year old at checkers.

I would be embarrassed to publicly admit I was a democrat.
What ideas do the Republicans have? They seem to be entirely reactionary - whatever Obama is for, we're opposed to it. That and tax cuts for the very wealthy. If Obama came out as being for breathing, I would expect Republicans to be turning blue within minutes,

They could have obstructed but they let it get passed and then thought they would use it to against the Democrats to win the 2010 and 2014 elections. It may have helped them a little in 2010 midterms but certainly didn't help them in 2014. Obama won a huge victory in 2014 and Hillary will win in 2016. Deal with it.

Tell me how they could have obstructed it or I call you nutso.

All I hear on tv & in their adds is:

Race bullshit
Minimum wage bullshit (I mean seriously, how many voters work for minimum wage? .02%?)
All of their adds are negative & appealing to the stupidest among us.
Their spouses run around STEALING the yard signs of their opponents.
They buy the votes of the most downtrodden.
They cheat like a 6 year old at checkers.

I would be embarrassed to publicly admit I was a democrat.
What ideas do the Republicans have? They seem to be entirely reactionary - whatever Obama is for, we're opposed to it. That and tax cuts for the very wealthy. If Obama came out as being for breathing, I would expect Republicans to be turning blue within minutes,

Tax cuts for the very wealthy would be difficult since wealth is not taxed.

Forum List

Back