Democrats, quit blaming the cops

Here. I can use Google too:
people-doing-nice-things-26.jpg
tumblr_nftuip6Kw71u4hwhso1_500.jpg
knxv%20gainesville%20pd%20shaq%201%20_1453693300197_30527131_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Ohhhh you found pictures on Google! Great job! Now you get to move to the 1st grade.

Yes. It was an answer to your dumb question. You can't deny those pictures look more like military than police.

Hey fuktard, what do you expect the police to wear going into an active shooter situation, or into a riot, cargo shorts and flip flops? Or does that question require too deep of thought for you?

Would it make you feel better if the body armor was pink?

I don't understand why their regular uniforms aren't adequate. Equipment and tactics are the real problem.

How do you expect these toy soldiers to turn down such cool gizmos for their war games?

You are what happens when someone breastfeeds until they are 14 years old.

All out of excuses pertaining to the subject?

Ohhhh you found pictures on Google! Great job! Now you get to move to the 1st grade.

Yes. It was an answer to your dumb question. You can't deny those pictures look more like military than police.

Hey fuktard, what do you expect the police to wear going into an active shooter situation, or into a riot, cargo shorts and flip flops? Or does that question require too deep of thought for you?

Or, you know, what should they wear into a $2 pot bust?

A SWAT Raid Based On Faulty Information Kills a Man Over His ‘Huge Stash.’ Worth Maybe All of $2.

That wasn't an answer. Try again.

Yes it was. Whether you like it doesn't matter.

Why don't do us all a favor and volunteer to go into an active shooter situation not dressed like a "soldier."

If you survive you can report back to us how it went for you.

I don't understand why their regular uniforms aren't adequate. Equipment and tactics are the real problem.

How do you expect these toy soldiers to turn down such cool gizmos for their war games?

You can't argue with someone who thinks one link with one example makes their argument. Go back into the fetal position and go back to your nap.

I don't know of anyone who has a problem with cops interacting with the public in a non-confrontational, non-militarized way. They are able to do that in their regular uniforms too. That doesn't look like the militarization that is happening in so many areas today.

A SWAT Raid Based On Faulty Information Kills a Man Over His ‘Huge Stash.’ Worth Maybe All of $2.

Why don't do us all a favor and volunteer to go into an active shooter situation not dressed like a "soldier."

I didn't chose to do that job. They did.

I don't know of anyone who has a problem with cops interacting with the public in a non-confrontational, non-militarized way. They are able to do that in their regular uniforms too. That doesn't look like the militarization that is happening in so many areas today.

Like I said, the police don't "patrol" in the "military" uniforms. The only time they break those out are for riots, search warrants, active shooter situations. So, do you have an example of a police department that has their street officers walking around in SWAT gear? Or not?

I didn't chose to do that job. They did.

Exactly.

You can't argue with someone who thinks one link with one example makes their argument. Go back into the fetal position and go back to your nap.

You asked for examples of police militarization, and I gave you that in a couple of pictures. If that shakes your argument so bad, you couldn't handle all the other links available

You asked for examples of police militarization, and I gave you that in a couple of pictures. If that shakes your argument so bad, you couldn't handle all the other links available

And I explained things to you, in very simple terms. I am still waiting for your example of the department who walks the beat dressed like military. So get to Googling.

And you can't argue with someone who thinks that there's no such thing as pervasive civil rights violations even when a federal probe proves it.

Discrimination in Ferguson: full extent of police bias laid bare in damning report

And I explained things to you, in very simple terms. I am still waiting for your example of the department who walks the beat dressed like military. So get to Googling.

Move the goalposts much? No one alleged they "walk the beat" dressed in SWAT gear.

Move the goalposts much? No one alleged they "walk the beat" dressed in SWAT gear.

So lay out which cases the police should NOT have body armor, helmets, AR15s, etc:

Active Shooter
Riots
High risk search warrants

And you can't argue with someone who thinks that there's no such thing as pervasive civil rights violations even when a federal probe proves it.

Discrimination in Ferguson: full extent of police bias laid bare in damning report

There are absolutely departments that need overhauls. I'm pretty sure I never said otherwise. But guess what? That same DOJ could find no wrong doing by Officer Wilson when he shot Michael Brown.

Police are supposed to DE-escalate situations. Showing up in a tank and fatigues does nothing to de-escalate a riot, for example.

And they don't need SWAT just to search for drugs. But they do, because they have to demonstrate the need for their military toys, or they don't get more the next year:

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/assets/jus14-warcomeshome-report-web-rel1.pdf

Page 31....

Even though paramilitary policing in the form of SWAT teams was created to deal with emergency scenarios such as hostage or barricade situations, the use of SWAT to execute search warrants in drug investigations has become commonplace and made up the majority of incidents the ACLU reviewed. When the police are executing a search warrant, there has been no formal accusation of a crime; rather, the police are simply acting on the basis of probable cause to believe that drugs will be present. There is no criminal case, no formal suspects, and often little if any proof that a crime has been committed; it is simply an investigation. Thus, the use of a SWAT team to execute a search warrant essentially amounts to the use of paramilitary tactics to conduct domestic drug investigations in people’s homes. The majority (79 percent) of SWAT deployments the ACLU studied were for the purpose of executing a search warrant, most commonly in drug investigations. Only a small handful of deployments (7 percent) were for hostage, barricade, or active shooter scenarios.

Hell, they use SWAT in Louisiana for a liquor inspection:

http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions\pub\08/08-30512-CV0.wpd.pdf

This is all escalated because DoD gives the police department surplus gear for policing. And make no mistake, this is war gear, not policing gear:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/us/war-gear-flows-to-police-departments.html?_r=1

How many different instances of police using excessive, unnecessary force do you need in order to conclude there's a problem?

11 Shocking Facts About America's Militarized Police Forces

There are absolutely departments that need overhauls. I'm pretty sure I never said otherwise. But guess what? That same DOJ could find no wrong doing by Officer Wilson when he shot Michael Brown.

And that's not exactly a high bar. DAs have ZERO incentive to aggressively indict cops. Why? Because they have to work with them. Indictments are notoriously rubber-stamped, with virtually no evidence, in all criminal cases except cases where cops are defendants. Hell, cops illegally kill young children and aren't convicted:

Why Aiyana Jones Matters

Then what the fuck are you irate about if you agree with Bernie and Hillary?

I hear Hillary and Bernie both talk about "criminal justice reform" and how badly we need it.

The problem is, what they mean is we are going to go after the cops. Not address criminals, just the cops. In fact, lets let more criminals out of jail. And then when they are running the street addicted to meth, and rob a store for money to buy more meth, and the police shoot them, we will blame the cops.

Don't get me wrong, the bad departments and bad cops need to be dealt with, but lets put at least HALF of the responsibility on the criminals!

We have the most massive prison system on planet with the most violent police in the developed world.

More violent than Russian cops, even though Russians are more violent and just as well armed as Americans

Pigs who don't police their own don't deserve respect. Fuck em

I get what you are saying but the criminals are not responsible for cops being unprofessional. You are talking about two different issues.
Actually he's trying to rationalize the fact that far too many cops have developed bad habits, which is a problem that needs to be dealt with, but he's having trouble making it come out right.

Forum List

Back