Democrats Plan to Pressure TV Networks Into Covering Climate Change

So -- what's the answer? I couldn't wade thru a video... Besides -- i don't do ice..
All the ice on the globe could melt and I STILL couldn't grow my own bananas in Nashville.

Of course you could not wade through a ten minute presentation by the Woods Hole Oceanagraphic Institute. It might interfere with your willfull ignorance.:lol:

C'mon GoldiRocks -- I went thru the first 2min 30sec and there was a dramatic helicopter ride and a lot of angst about worrying if they brought enough supplies... YOU think that's science???? That's DRAMA.. Made for TV DRAMA.. EXACTLY what the topic of this OP is about BTW... Turning science into a circus for public policy manipulation...

I RECOMMEND everyone view the first 3 minutes of that WHOI video to see what WARMERS consider as "proof".. Hows' that Goldi????

I also am able to spot a bullshitter from a mile away.

Nah. If you could spot BS, you wouldn't have fallen so hard for all the 'tard lies of the denailists. A non-functional BS detector is what causes people to get sucked into both the denialist cult and the fringe right conservative cult, which is why those groups are identical.

Yes, yes, you denialists all know TheRealTruth. After all, every cultist in any cult claims to be a member of the special in-the-know-crowd, the ones who alone understand TheRealTruth, unlike the ignorant folk outside the cult. Have fun with the cult, but you might want to quietly slip into the jungle before the koolaid gets served.

Last edited:

Those people? You mean a blog? Hockey Schtick? That is not peer reviewed, that is just rightwingnut idiocy.

THe vast majority of what hockey schtick puts up is peer reviewed published material.

Someone needs to inform people of the sheer quantity of published material that goes against the wacko cultist dogma. All of those papers were peer reviewed and published in respectable journals....and they don't support your wacko religion.

I don't think climate change and global warming gets enough coverage.

And MSM still covers global warming as if it were a two-sided debate.

They allow unqualified "skeptics" to appear on TV alongside real scientists.

This is irresponsible journalism.

I don't think climate change and global warming gets enough coverage.

And MSM still covers global warming as if it were a two-sided debate.

They allow unqualified "skeptics" to appear on TV alongside real scientists.

This is irresponsible journalism.

Only ideas based on lies need to be shielded from other views, regardless of if the other views are correct or not.

How Fascist.

I'd like to see the letter before jumping to any conclusions.

Global warming creates a changing climate. I understand that you find any process involving more than one concept beyond understanding, but that is what the facts are.

As for the rest of your post, merely demonstrates your willfull ignorance.

warming is part of a changing climate...as well as cooling....the bottom line is that if you can't explain the pause, you can't explain the cause...

They are students of goebbels...what else would they do?

Such silly bullshit.

not as silly as your/the global warming religious fanaticism, surest sign your losing- if you cannot convinc'em, brainwash'em......... and then theres the rank intellectual dishonesty ala warming trends absolutely stagnant for almost 2 decades, and most of all the changing of your handle from global warming to climate change, which has to be the most naked and infantile 'tell' ever :lol: in other words, lets create a title where-in we can be 'right' and have it anyway we want anytime we want no matter the weather/patterns etc. :eusa_think: gosh that sounds like real science to me
horsepoopsmiley-1.gif

Global warming creates a changing climate. I understand that you find any process involving more than one concept beyond understanding, but that is what the facts are.

As for the rest of your post, merely demonstrates your willfull ignorance.

warming is part of a changing climate...as well as cooling....the bottom line is that if you can't explain the pause, you can't explain the cause...

Johnny Cochrane? Is that YOU??? ROFLing coffee all over my workdesk...

:clap2:

Top Ten Excuses for Lack of Global Warming..

#10 ----- Hillary is not baking cookies as often.
#9 ------ Cooler than anticipated end to the Arab Spring
#8 ------ Sophia Vergara absorbed all the hot.
#7 ------ Figure Skating pairs craze breaking out in North Africa.
#6 ------ It snows everywhere that Al Gore goes.
#5 ------ Edward Snowden stole the hockey stick design template.
#4 ------ Cheap thermometers from China use Sweet & Sour sauce instead of mercury.
#3 ------ The Oceans ate the Warming.
#2 ------ The tin foil skeptic hats are interferring with the satellite readings.
#1 ------ The North Pole is leaking cold all over the place..

Bada BOOOOOM !!!!!

<<Changed 7 and 9>>

Last edited:

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/letter-to-executives-climate-change-coverage?inline=file

There ya go.. We want more coverage because DOOMSDAY is upon us.. Has nothing to do with any new science revelations.. SOS.... If there was ACTUAL SCIENCE to report -- or connections of weather extremities to CURRENT GW, the demands of the letter would at least make sense..

That letter is "pressure?"

It sounds more like expressed concern, to me. There's no threat, no veiled threat, nothing.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/letter-to-executives-climate-change-coverage?inline=file

There ya go.. We want more coverage because DOOMSDAY is upon us.. Has nothing to do with any new science revelations.. SOS.... If there was ACTUAL SCIENCE to report -- or connections of weather extremities to CURRENT GW, the demands of the letter would at least make sense..

It sounds more like expressed concern, to me. There's no threat, no veiled threat, nothing.

It's more pressure than ME writing to those folks about their programming agenda.. Especially if the FCC is currently reviewing acquisitions and licenses for those networks.
You don't know how slowly that could go...

It's more pressure than ME writing to those folks about their programming agenda.. Especially if the FCC is currently reviewing acquisitions and licenses for those networks.
You don't know how slowly that could go...

It's doing due diligence assuming those involved believe in climate change. It's only nefarious if they do not believe in it, and that's not a known it's simply skepticism.

Also, being so public with the letter and then proceeding to use the fcc or whatever else to pressure anything would be completely retarded with all the seething partisan oversight committees who currently search under every rock and bed for the boogy man.

And who is it that keeps claiming the sceptics are the political operatives?

The sensible people.

So, do you approve of the way the OP lied by claiming "pressure" was being used?

It's a matter of truth, which explains why deniailsts are all so mystified. Our nutty right wing mainstream media lies a lot, hence constant correction is necessary. Denialists hate seeing correct facts, because facts destroy their conspiracy theory.

The left always has to be aggressive in concocting misinformation, lies and bogus stats or they'd be a permanent relic of a former era.

Our president does it every day ( and thank God, after 5 years, now everybody knows hes a bullshit artist)

Forum List

Back