Democrats literally being inflated out of office.....Grocery and Gas trump all other issues by a mile.

Another one who thinks the president can make gas cheaper. Every time we have a price spike Americans again refuse to learn about supply and demand in the commodities market.
Are you really going to deny that regulations add cost to oil and gas?

Are you really going to deny that regulations add cost to oil and gas?
The cost of oil is set at the NYMEX daily without regard for how much it costs to produce. The big cartels around the world adjust production to keep their operations profitable often undercutting American production. Using some of the extremely polluting methods used by some countries might make American production more profitable but it would not bring down the price per barrel. That is based on the world-wide supply rather than the local cost of production.

OK so here's the question Mr Republican candidate: If democrats are responsible somehow for inflation it should be easy to explain how republicans will bring prices down other than the usual means of causing a deep recession.
Yeah....this is kinda like a ratchet wrench. Goes up easy....but down? Not so easy.

Jo

The cost of oil is set at the NYMEX daily without regard for how much it costs to produce. The big cartels around the world adjust production to keep their operations profitable often undercutting American production. Using some of the extremely polluting methods used by some countries might make American production more profitable but it would not bring down the price per barrel. That is based on the world-wide supply rather than the local cost of production.
All true

25 Biden policies raising gas prices and other energy ...

Back in the early 2000s there was a gas spike and man did ever want to blame it on oilman Bush and his cronies. Problem is I don't just believe shit, I have to do research. Having a president manipulating oil prices would be bad but the truth is much worse. America is at the mercy of global suppliers who control the bulk of production. If we raise production they also raise production to the point our oil becomes unprofitable to produce. It absolutely sucks. No way to drill our way out of it.

Back in the early 2000s there was a gas spike and man did ever want to blame it on oilman Bush and his cronies. Problem is I don't just believe shit, I have to do research. Having a president manipulating oil prices would be bad but the truth is much worse. America is at the mercy of global suppliers who control the bulk of production. If we raise production they also raise production to the point our oil becomes unprofitable to produce. It absolutely sucks. No way to drill our way out of it.
Can you name one *biden policy that is oil friendly?

Can you name one *biden policy that is oil friendly?
Depends on what you mean by friendly. As usual they get to drill on public land for just the price of a royalty paid in oil to the strategic reserve. They get to mostly write their own regulations. They still get billions in subsidies while paying practically no taxes. Any Biden policies that are a threat to oil are in making cleaner domestically produced alternative energy competitive rather than doing anything that might directly hurt them.

and yet we did

and yet we did
Did what? We increased domestic production but it didn't do a damned thing to end being fucked over by OPEC and supply disruptions every few years. Only making ourselves much less dependent on oil will do that.

Lot of BS you're spreading.
That's a lot of nothing you are saying. None of the "drill baby drill" crowd wants to hear a thing about how the world-wide oil business is stacked against the US and there is nothing we can do about it.

That's a lot of nothing you are saying. None of the "drill baby drill" crowd wants to hear a thing about how the world-wide oil business is stacked against the US and there is nothing we can do about it.
Saudi economy is oil. They have to sell it or they are fucked. Ergo when we became the largest supplier they had no way to respond, that weapon was removed.

Depends on what you mean by friendly. As usual they get to drill on public land for just the price of a royalty paid in oil to the strategic reserve. They get to mostly write their own regulations. They still get billions in subsidies while paying practically no taxes. Any Biden policies that are a threat to oil are in making cleaner domestically produced alternative energy competitive rather than doing anything that might directly hurt them.
So, no........... But, LOL at writing their own regulations.

If Trump were President he would have done a lot about it.

"The best part about being a Democrat is never having to say it was your fault."
Ray from Cleveland

If we raised production and "they" raised production the only thing that happens is the price of oil goes down. It's called supply and demand.

By all accounts the problem is that Americans stopped buying services and started buying stuff. This has started to reverse somewhat but still demand for durable goods is greater than it has ever been. I know I increased my pile of worldly possessions this last year.

What's actually happening is that Dementia and the Democrats paid people more money to stay home than work. This of course led to a labor shortage thus a supply chain shortage. The warehouses are low on products right now and need to be replenished. Industry is working night and day to do just that, however this will take time.

The demand for products is actually decreasing as people look for more ways to make their dollar stretch further. However the upcoming fertilizer shortage will put that on steroids once it hits the states. It's to the point economists are also predicting a food shortage.

Forum List

Back