Democrats literally being inflated out of office.....Grocery and Gas trump all other issues by a mile.

You don't understand what energy independence means.
Yes, I do and we we're never it.

All fuel is a worldwide commodity. Energy independence means you are exporting just as much or more than you import.
That just means the country is a net exporter.
The US has been that way since 2010.

• Since 2010, the United States has exported more refined petroleum products, including distillate fuel oil, hydrocarbon gas liquids, and motor gasoline, among others, than it has imported. Net exports of refined petroleum products grew to 3.3 million b/d in 2020 and remained about the same in 2021.
Other energy producers feared the US under Trump because if they pulled any BS on us, Trump would have expanded US energy flooding the market.
WOW, EVERYONE "feared" the retard?
When you put in a anti-energy President, OPEC and others can use any stunts they desire because they know Dementia won't do a thing about it.
Like they did with Trump?

March 28 2019
U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday called for the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to boost oil production to lower the price of the commodity.

“Very important that OPEC increase the flow of Oil. World Markets are fragile, price of Oil getting too high. Thank you!” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter.
Crude oil prices have risen this year amid supply cuts by OPEC as well as U.S. sanctions on OPEC member countries Venezuela and Iran. The drop in production has led to a tightening of oil inventories.

April 13 2020
Trump, who has long criticized OPEC for raising U.S. gas prices, tweeted Sunday that "the big oil deal with OPEC plus" will "save hundreds of thousands of energy jobs in the United States," and he thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin and Saudi King Salman. As part of the deal, the U.S. agreed to cut 300,000 barrels a day, making up for Mexico's shortfall.

This isn't the 1970's anymore. Companies don't make any money selling gasoline like years ago. Selling fuel brings customers into their convenience stores and that's how they make money. It's why stations gave up auto repair in exchange for stores. You'd be hell pressed to find a gas/ auto repair station these days. Most repair shops are free standing and don't sell gasoline and diesel. They could never compete in prices with the convenient store stations.

We were a net exporter of oil, that is the definition of energy independent.
I know but according to whom?
According to the Institute of Energy Research,the definition of energy independence is not so much that America did not import energy, but that America produced more energy than it used.

Like Trump, declaring "victory".

I drove for a bit myself.
Companies lie more than when I was driving

No, shit.
NOT starting.

A lot of us did.

Not starting, again, with years of exprience.

No, shit.

Sure, they were claiming that 30 years ago, which is the same BS.
That's the companies saying that, as usual, meanwhile they don't take care of their drivers.
When I was a driver, SOME companies gave you $30 for layover pay, over 24 hours.
$10 to $20 for unloading pay.
Weather? No miles or pay until you're layed over for a while
No pay for waiting 4-6 hours to get loaded.
No breakdown pay.
Meal allowance............forget it.
Very few paid hub miles, most were household goods miles, which reduced your pay.
Among other issues to lower pay.
That was industrywide.

"The government makes it harder for you to work"?
Guess who writes the safety legislation/rules for the DOT?
Just like any business

They were doing that 30 years ago too.

Good for you.
A lot of others gave it up or are in the process of "retiring".

You have no idea WTF you're talking about. For one, most insurance companies require only a year of experience to be a qualified driver for those better paying jobs. If you have one year of experience and a good driving record you can work at any of the major companies like FedEx or UPS and yes, they do start off with that kind of money. Trust me, the last company I worked for closed down and I stayed in touch with my former co-workers all of whom had to get a new job. I know what the market is paying these days.

The people who write the regulations are a bunch of snot nosed bureaucrats who never drove anything larger than a mini-van in their life. This year they started some bullshit that all new drivers have to attend a government driving course on top of their training. That also includes experienced drivers who upgrade their license like what my company used to do. If you go from a class B to a class A, you won't get it until you go through this government course.

Transportation was always short of workers, but not like it's been the last 5 years or so. Covid prompted workers to just take an early retirement and again. baby boomers are getting out of the market. Kids today don't want to do manual labor jobs. They want to go to college where the heaviest thing they have to lift is a briefcase. Same holds true of qualifications. Yes, there were always qualifications, but not like there's been the last several years where every one they pile on more and more red tape every year.

You have no idea WTF you're talking about.
It's evident, you don't.
UNLESS they changed their ways in the last 20 years.
NOT fucking likely.
For one, most insurance companies require only a year of experience to be a qualified driver for those better paying jobs.
Better pay?
You're FOS.
WOW, 5 cent, they find ways to regain that, you, you get crappier loads or less miles.
If you have one year of experience and a good driving record you can work at any of the major companies like FedEx or UPS and yes, they do start off with that kind of money.
You're FOS.
Trust me, the last company I worked for closed down and I stayed in touch with my former co-workers all of whom had to get a new job. I know what the market is paying these days.
Sure, $70,000 per year for a 2nd-year driver?
The people who write the regulations are a bunch of snot nosed bureaucrats who never drove anything larger than a mini-van in their life.
WOW, the same people who write ALL of company safety rules/regulations.............INSURANCE COMPANIES.
This year they started some bullshit that all new drivers have to attend a government driving course on top of their training. That also includes experienced drivers who upgrade their license like what my company used to do. If you go from a class B to a class A, you won't get it until you go through this government course.
Well, NO shit that's the way it was 30 years ago.
A state-sponsored or the training course of a 3rd party tester for the state.
Transportation was always short of workers, but not like it's been the last 5 years or so. Covid prompted workers to just take an early retirement and again. baby boomers are getting out of the market. Kids today don't want to do manual labor jobs. They want to go to college where the heaviest thing they have to lift is a briefcase. Same holds true of qualifications. Yes, there were always qualifications, but not like there's been the last several years where every one they pile on more and more red tape.
I got out before the hours of service rules were changed by FMCSA.
So, I can imagine.

It's evident, you don't.
UNLESS they changed their ways in the last 20 years.
NOT fucking likely.

Better pay?
You're FOS.
WOW, 5 cent, they find ways to regain that, you, you get crappier loads or less miles.

You're FOS.

Sure, $70,000 per year for a 2nd-year driver?

WOW, the same people who write ALL of company safety rules/regulations.............INSURANCE COMPANIES.

Well, NO shit that's the way it was 30 years ago.
A state-sponsored or the training course of a 3rd party tester for the state.

I got out before the hours of service rules were changed by FMCSA.
So, I can imagine.

Insurance companies control who can be hired. Insurance rates are extremely high for an employer that takes on rookies. That's why if you have a year or more of a safe driving record, the normal rates apply. It doesn't matter to the insurance company if you drove over a year or over ten. There is a huge difference in premium prices which is why those jobs pay less than most others. Some won't even give you that option. All drivers have to have a year of experience. In the early 2000's, my employer called every company on the internet to get insurance and we had all good drivers with no major claims. He finally found just one that took on trucking outfits and they weren't cheap.

When I first got into driving you might have seen a DOT cop once a month if that. After 911, they were nearly every ten miles. The problem was DOT cops were not licensed to issue tickets for violations. They could only write you a warning or call a state trooper to write a ticket. The state finally got sick of their troopers running to inspection sites, so they got money from the feds to have their troopers trained and certified for DOT stops. Now just about every trooper is a DOT cop.

Major transportation companies do not give raises on a person to person basis. Your first year all drivers make X, your second or third year all drivers are increased to X, so yes, a driver with one year experience does make 70K a year with overtime.

Insurance companies control who can be hired. Insurance rates are extremely high for an employer that takes on rookies. That's why if you have a year or more of a safe driving record, the normal rates apply. It doesn't matter to the insurance company if you drove over a year or over ten. There is a huge difference in premium prices which is why those jobs pay less than most others. Some won't even give you that option. All drivers have to have a year of experience.
To lower their insurance rates.
In the early 2000's, my employer called every company on the internet to get insurance and we had all good drivers with no major claims. He finally found just one that took on trucking outfits and they weren't cheap.

When I first got into driving you might have seen a DOT cop once a month if that.
WTF?
DOT cars were parked at virtually at every weigh station.
I saw them on almost every trip with someone pulled over with their portable scales.
After 911, they were nearly every ten miles. The problem was DOT cops were not licensed to issue tickets for violations. They could only write you a warning or call a state trooper to write a ticket. The state finally got sick of their troopers running to inspection sites, so they got money from the feds to have their troopers trained and certified for DOT stops. Now just about every trooper is a DOT cop.

Major transportation companies do not give raises on a person to person basis. Your first year all drivers make X, your second or third year all drivers are increased to X, so yes, a driver with one year experience does make 70K a year with overtime.
You sound like a recruiter or someone who listened to the BS, down at the drivers-only section at your local truck stop.

You will be told that there is no problem. You will be told that you're panicking unnecessarily and that you are being fooled and misinformed. You will also be told by the cashier at the grocery store on that very same day that your debit card was just rejected your total was too high. Now you know damn well that you just did this identical order a few weeks ago with no problem...so what exactly is the problem? Well it is many fold and many faceted. Start with the devaluation of the dollar due to poor money policy. It just doesn't do what it used to do, doesn't buy what it used to buy. Add to that the increased prices of transportation due to hydrocarbon restrictions ( which are voluntary btw not for you and me but for the people making the restrictions ) and the supply and demand imbalances caused by the pandemic and you have the prefect recipe for RUNAWAY inflation...annnnnnd it's running away even though lefty wants to deny it. Lefty cannot deny that grocery prices have spiked 9% in the last 12 months and that is runaway by anyone's standard.

Will Roe V Wade upstage this? Maybe for a few weeks but that's all. In the mean time both pro-life and pro-choice folks still have to go the gas station and still have to do food shopping. Have you seen the faces of the folks in the grocery store these days. Reaching for a piece of steak and then disgustedly throwing it back? Tentatively reaching for this or that and then quickly pulling out the calculator then checking their wallets? Oh yeah...it's coming.

JO

JO
Mostly we'll keep being told it's "Putin's Fault" even though it began well before hi invasion of Ukraine.

People aren't that stupid and will vote their pocket books as the usually do in economic downturns.

Mostly we'll keep being told it's "Putin's Fault" even though it began well before hi invasion of Ukraine.

People aren't that stupid and will vote their pocket books as the usually do in economic downturns.
Yes..that is exactly how they will vote

This is true, but did you ever hear or see a Democrat politician say "we made a mistake, this is our fault?" According to Dementia and the left:

Afghanistan--Trump's fault even though out of office for more than six months.
Fuel prices--Trump's fault even though prices were fantastic during his 4 years in office.
Inflation--Not the Democrats fault for paying people more to stay home than work. It's a worldwide inflation we can't control.
Labor shortage-Same as above.
More covid deaths under Biden---It's the Republicans fault because they are the only people refusing vaccines.
Increase in violent crime across the country--Too many guns.

They are very worried which is why they going to make this next mild strain of covid to be the end of life as we know it. Here we go again with mail-in voting.

To lower their insurance rates.

WTF?
DOT cars were parked at virtually at every weigh station.
I saw them on almost every trip with someone pulled over with their portable scales.

You sound like a recruiter or someone who listened to the BS, down at the drivers-only section at your local truck stop.

I've been driving all of my life, the last 30 plus years as a truck driver. I know of the changes that took place and I know what companies are offering. In fact we lost employees at my last company because of it. You can be in denial all you like, but that's what's going on out there and I even posted evidence of it. I'm much, much more experienced than you in this field of work.

You will be told that there is no problem. You will be told that you're panicking unnecessarily and that you are being fooled and misinformed. You will also be told by the cashier at the grocery store on that very same day that your debit card was just rejected your total was too high. Now you know damn well that you just did this identical order a few weeks ago with no problem...so what exactly is the problem? Well it is many fold and many faceted. Start with the devaluation of the dollar due to poor money policy. It just doesn't do what it used to do, doesn't buy what it used to buy. Add to that the increased prices of transportation due to hydrocarbon restrictions ( which are voluntary btw not for you and me but for the people making the restrictions ) and the supply and demand imbalances caused by the pandemic and you have the prefect recipe for RUNAWAY inflation...annnnnnd it's running away even though lefty wants to deny it. Lefty cannot deny that grocery prices have spiked 9% in the last 12 months and that is runaway by anyone's standard.

Will Roe V Wade upstage this? Maybe for a few weeks but that's all. In the mean time both pro-life and pro-choice folks still have to go the gas station and still have to do food shopping. Have you seen the faces of the folks in the grocery store these days. Reaching for a piece of steak and then disgustedly throwing it back? Tentatively reaching for this or that and then quickly pulling out the calculator then checking their wallets? Oh yeah...it's coming.

JO

JO
So as I was saying...

Forum List

Back