Democrats in the legislature propose higher taxes on the rich amid growing national push to redistri

Mac-7

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2019
Democrats in the legislature propose higher taxes on the rich amid growing national push to redistribute wealth

As several top-tier Democrats running for president call for higher taxes on the rich to close the nation’s widening inequality gap and pay for an ambitious array of social programs, liberal members of the General Assembly are pressing for Connecticut to become a testing ground for policies to redistribute wealth.

The legislature’s resurgent progressive arm is flexing its political muscle, backing proposals to assess a new levy on high-value homes, adopt a surcharge on the sales tax to provide more aid to distressed cities and collect a new tax on the investment income earned by the state’s wealthiest residents.

"We need to make sure we have a just budget that addresses the disparities within our community,'' said Rep. Joshua Hall, a Democrat from Hartford and co-chairman of the Progressive Caucus. “We don’t want to balance that budget on the backs of our most vulnerable citizens. We know there are folks in our state who can more than afford to pay their fair share ... so we’re talking about increasing taxes on those who earn millions, and in some cases billions, of dollars.”

Standing in opposition are Gov. Ned Lamont, a business-minded Democrat from Greenwich, and Republicans,

Most liberals are just Marxists at heart

Government is already too large and takes too much of the private wealth to redistribute mone6 to deadbeats on welfare

If my taxes go up how does that help liberals?....do they think they will get my money?....do they think my money will benefit them in any way?....if they do they are dumber than I thought....

Democrat run California has the highest wage disparity of any state but it seems that taxes are maxed out and there are an estimated 10,000 people living on the streets. Is that the vision democrats have for America?

If my taxes go up how does that help liberals?....do they think they will get my money?....do they think my money will benefit them in any way?....if they do they are dumber than I thought....
They think they can buy votes with your money, and so far, it's worked fairly well.

Forum List

Back