Democrats could misinterpret the Red Trickle

Rarely have I seen a greater indictment of the POT than that. For the good of the country, which benefits from two healthy parties, I hope the POT is only suffering from temporary insanity. Brought about by its fidelity to the Orange Messiah. The most destructive political force unleashed on this nation in its history.
Even though I think the genie can be put back in the bottle over time we have learned a disturbing lesson from the rise of Trumpery. Namely, the US is not exceptional. Many on the Right are susceptible to the siren song of authoritarianism, xenophobia, and the alluringly simplistic message of a demagogue. Those proclivities will remain even if Trump fades away.
Trump never wins anything had the D Party not abandoned the working class. If the Ds don’t recognize how a man like Trump attains political power, they’ll likely repeat the same shit.

I doubt they’ve learned anything, other than incorrect reasoning.

It's far more because they had the good fortune of running against an embarrassing clan of clowns, buffoons, frauds and ignoramuses.
It's because they cheated.

But your whine is delicious. Great vintage.

Here's you at the victory sock hop.

1668259198141.png

No that's not why.

They turned out the youth vote on abortion and college loan forgiveness.

Looking at the CNN numbers this morning, I am hoping against hope that the Democrats take a clean sweep. They deserve it. We deserve it. The idiots who voted on abortion and college loan forgiveness deserve it.

I can't wait to see Dems deal with an emboldened, yet demented Joe Biden.

As much as I am enjoying drinking your Republican tears, Islamophobic Twat, think about what you just said.

The Youth Vote got out there and voted on abortion and student loan forgiveness. You know, ISSUES THAT ACTUALLY IMPACT THEIR LIVES!!!

Imagine, if you would, you are a new female college graduate with a boyfriend you aren't that sure about, but $100,000 in Student Debt that it will take you decades to pay back before you can even CONSIDER starting a family. And last month, you had a pregnancy scare because you missed a period.

Which party are you going to vote for... the one that is going to let the banks keep screwing you and not let you have access to family planning? That would be daft.

Last edited:
I'm seeing a lot of barely-hidden glee from the Left over the most successful mid-term performance of a party in power in decades. Given the stakes, I can certainly understand that. But at the same time, it would be stupid for them to draw any long-term conclusions from this.

The primary reason the Dems did so well was not because they have a vice-like grip on the issues, or because their positions on the cultural issues in particular are representative of Americans across the country. It's far more because they had the good fortune of running against an embarrassing clan of clowns, buffoons, frauds and ignoramuses.
Agreed

There are plenty of smart people left in the GQP, and there's a pretty good chance they're going to learn from this catastrophic wasted opportunity. I'd guess they've learned not to run people like they did. And if the Dems take this as some kind of mandate or confirmation, they're asking for trouble. America is not on a wing, it's across a broad spectrum between the wings.
Disagree. The smart people in the GOP have been cowed by the MAGAs. They knew exactly what was coming but most didn't have the guts to oppose it. Liz Cheney being a good example of the exception that proves the rule. Only the GOP uses a term like RINO on life-long members of the GOP.

Disagree. The smart people in the GOP have been cowed by the MAGAs. They knew exactly what was coming but most didn't have the guts to oppose it. Liz Cheney being a good example of the exception that proves the rule. Only the GOP uses a term like RINO on life-long members of the GOP.
Can't argue.

The word I've used to describe these politicians is "craven". They've enabled this disaster by either vocally supporting it or just sitting back and saying nothing. So now, it's probably safe to assume that they'll continue to follow the path of least political resistance and find a way to move away from him. Maybe.

So if their priority is saving their political skin, and if they're intelligent, we may see some mitigation here. Maybe.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

1668259948886.png

Yeah, that's probably the question: Does the GQP learn from this and adjust, or do they double down on what beat them?
Have the Dems learned from woke policies?
Learned from BLM?
Learned from Defund the police?
No
So why would the Reps learn either?

Both live in their bubbles. (Speaking of the politicians not the actual people)

You know he won, right? As flawed as he is, he won.

Your attempt at deflection not only failed, it illustrated my point. Thanks.
What I find interesting about the old media’s reporting on the 2020 election is anyone who questions the results is labeled an election denier. The MSM is 100% in unison unwilling to consider election fraud, even though we know election fraud has existed long before Trump.

This tells me the MSM is likely covering up something.

Have the Dems learned from woke policies?
Learned from BLM?
Learned from Defund the police?
No
So why would the Reps learn either?
Both live in their bubbles. (Speaking of the politicians not the actual people)
Correct. Both ends just feed into the other, making the other worse. That's what our political "system" incentivizes and rewards.

We have to fix the "system". That's on us. We might want to get started on that pretty damn soon.

No that's not why.

They turned out the youth vote on abortion and college loan forgiveness.

Looking at the CNN numbers this morning, I am hoping against hope that the Democrats take a clean sweep. They deserve it. We deserve it. The idiots who voted on abortion and college loan forgiveness deserve it.

I can't wait to see Dems deal with an emboldened, yet demented Joe Biden.

You keep referring to Joe Biden as "demented". What does it say about Republicans that a senile, demented old man that no one wanted to be President, keeps beating the crap out of the party that is supposedly going to make America great again. Apparently, the American people think that America is great already.

Correct. Both ends just feed into the other, making the other worse. That's what our political "system" incentivizes and rewards.

We have to fix the "system".
The system began with cable news imo.
It was in the 90s when America started to become deeply polarized.
CNN, MSNBC - 24 hour hate on anything Republican, excuse everything Democrat.
Fox News - 24 hour hate on Democrats, spin positive everything Republican.

They are all 24 hour misinformation, deceit and hate.
James Wood Wednesday - "one thing that is crystal clear with this election... America is evenly divided, with both sides convinced the other side is insane,"

Neither party has very much to crow about. The election results just indicate a very divided country.
The election results indicate a solid rejection of the Democratic party of slavery.

The Democrats got their asses whooped. They lost the house. Their sociopathic hero definition off hypocricy "rules for thee but not for mee" Nancy Pelosi will no longer be the Speaker of the House. She's fucking fired.

And her husband recently got hammered too.

Last edited:
You keep referring to Joe Biden as "demented". What does it say about Republicans that a senile, demented old man that no one wanted to be President, keeps beating the crap out of the party that is supposedly going to make America great again. Apparently, the American people think that America is great already.
They justify that away by pretending the election was stolen. Trump actually won in a landslide.

Which is a partial explanation of why they lost.

The system began with cable news imo.
It was in the 90s when America started to become deeply polarized.
CNN, MSNBC - 24 hour hate on anything Republican, excuse everything Democrat.
Fox News - 24 hour hate on Democrats, spin positive everything Republican.

They are all 24 hour misinformation, deceit and hate.
James Wood Wednesday - "one thing that is crystal clear with this election... America is evenly divided, with both sides convinced the other side is insane,"
Cable News has definitely played a huge role, as have talk radio and the internet.

You keep referring to Joe Biden as "demented". What does it say about Republicans that a senile, demented old man that no one wanted to be President, keeps beating the crap out of the party that is supposedly going to make America great again.
You answer your own question. It didn't happen.

Forum List

Back