Democrats could misinterpret the Red Trickle

You clearly do not know how it works if you are feverish and believing that 401K, etc is going to be "stolen" to be put into SS.

You are very ill informed and the fear it brings shows.
You really think you make a good case by doing nothing but calling your opponent too stupid to understand what is going on? If so, then you're a fool...

You didn’t read what you posted did you?

on abortion after fetal viability when, in the good-faith medical judgment of the treating health care provider, continuation of the pregnancy would pose a risk to the pregnant patient’s life or health.”

Why would you oppose that?
Now I am going to show your dishonesty in its glory....Ready?

You chose to take a snippet of the article out of context...The context of the statement is much more broad than what you are portraying here...

"Just one Senate Democrat, Joe Manchin, voted against the Women's Health Care Protection Act, which would ban states from imposing any rule or regulation that would be "reasonably likely" to "delay ... some patients" from obtaining an "abortion at any point or points in time prior to fetal viability, including a prohibition or restriction on a particular abortion procedure” and even any restriction “on abortion after fetal viability when, in the good-faith medical judgment of the treating health care provider, continuation of the pregnancy would pose a risk to the pregnant patient’s life or health.”

The bill wouldn't just codify the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade, which restricts states from imposing undue burdens on women seeking abortions prior to the approximate point of fetal viability — the courts currently regard this as 24 weeks of gestation despite babies as young as 21 weeks surviving out of the womb. The bill would also grant doctors leeway to authorize post-viability abortions under the intentionally broad condition of "good-faith medical judgment."

Did you bother to read that?

It shows the 85 year history of Republicans to Social Security and later to Medicare.
Oh, so since Republican's historically opposed SS, and Medicare, that means it is ok now to say that they want to end it?

Show me specific legislation where they want that....You can't. because it is a lie.

You really think you make a good case by doing nothing but calling your opponent too stupid to understand what is going on? If so, then you're a fool...

I did not call you stupid. YOU called yourself stupid. Uninformed is usually my choice word.

The article is from over a year ago. Has it come to be voted on? Has it passed?

Debating back and forth is what makes bills better for those who may be affected negatively.

So, if it comes up again, ever, let both sides discuss and negotiate it.

Now I am going to show your dishonesty in its glory....Ready?

You chose to take a snippet of the article out of context...The context of the statement is much more broad than what you are portraying here...

"Just one Senate Democrat, Joe Manchin, voted against the Women's Health Care Protection Act, which would ban states from imposing any rule or regulation that would be "reasonably likely" to "delay ... some patients" from obtaining an "abortion at any point or points in time prior to fetal viability, including a prohibition or restriction on a particular abortion procedure” and even any restriction “on abortion after fetal viability when, in the good-faith medical judgment of the treating health care provider, continuation of the pregnancy would pose a risk to the pregnant patient’s life or health.”

The bill wouldn't just codify the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade, which restricts states from imposing undue burdens on women seeking abortions prior to the approximate point of fetal viability — the courts currently regard this as 24 weeks of gestation despite babies as young as 21 weeks surviving out of the womb. The bill would also grant doctors leeway to authorize post-viability abortions under the intentionally broad condition of "good-faith medical judgment."

You are the one misrepresenting the bill which refers to late term abortions to save a mothers life and not the frivolous late term abortions you are claiming

Which don't exist of course
"House Democrats recently invited Teresa Ghilarducci, a professor at the New School of Social Research, to testify before a subcommittee on her idea to eliminate the preferential tax treatment of the popular retirement plans. In place of 401(k) plans, she would have workers transfer their dough into government-created “guaranteed retirement accounts” for every worker. "

RW used this woman as a bolster for his argument...

Oh, so since Republican's historically opposed SS, and Medicare, that means it is ok now to say that they want to end it?

Show me specific legislation where they want that....You can't. because it is a lie.

Do Republicans want to outright repeal Social Security?
They prefer to starve it to death, cut funding, make participation voluntary, cut COLA

Then kill it because it is no longer viable

I did not call you stupid. YOU called yourself stupid. Uninformed is usually my choice word.

The article is from over a year ago. Has it come to be voted on? Has it passed?

Debating back and forth is what makes bills better for those who may be affected negatively.

So, if it comes up again, ever, let both sides discuss and negotiate it.
Semantics...Ill informed is not implying that someone is ignorant on the subject? neat....For me, I think that plain language is always better than trying to be clever in insulting someone....For example, we disagree, and that tactic you tried here is one of an asshole....How's that?

So, let me ask asshole, Are you one that believes that peoples 401k's should be fair game to take?

Do Republicans want to outright repeal Social Security?
They prefer to starve it to death, cut funding, make participation voluntary, cut COLA

Then kill it because it is no longer viable
Wrong again....It was Nixon, a republican that tied COLA to the CPA, so the lie that Biden tried a couple of weeks ago about an 8.5% increase being his doing, was in fact what Nixon put in place....

You feel you have to keep repeating the lie because I have asked for specific legislation, and each time you fail to produce it....So, just admit it is a lie and we can move on...

Semantics...Ill informed is not implying that someone is ignorant on the subject? neat....For me, I think that plain language is always better than trying to be clever in insulting someone....For example, we disagree, and that tactic you tried here is one of an asshole....How's that?

So, let me ask asshole, Are you one that believes that peoples 401k's should be fair game to take?
401 K is not on the agenda. You are creating fear for people to go hysterics about.

I am a patient person. About the election and about what bills will come up in the future.

There is an election in 2024.

Wrong again....It was Nixon, a republican that tied COLA to the CPA, so the lie that Biden tried a couple of weeks ago about an 8.5% increase being his doing, was in fact what Nixon put in place....

You feel you have to keep repeating the lie because I have asked for specific legislation, and each time you fail to produce it....So, just admit it is a lie and we can move on...
You are aware that Nixon was over 50 years ago?

Since then, Republicans have tried to privatize Social Security, cut COLA, divert membership

401 K is not on the agenda. You are creating fear for people to go hysterics about.

I am a patient person. About the election and about what bills will come up in the future.

There is an election in 2024.
The longer the progressive wing of the Democrat cult is in charge, the worse for average American's like me....

You are aware that Nixon was over 50 years ago?

Since then, Republicans have tried to privatize Social Security, cut COLA, divert membership
Doesn't change what I said....Biden tried to claim credit for the COLA increase when he knew damned well that was tied to the CPA which Nixon put in place...I don't care if it was 50 years ago or not...Biden had NOTHING to do with it....

As far as Privatizing SS, that was to my knowledge a proposal put forth in the Bush administration, and it was a small fraction of SS, and one that would have helped retirees have more in their retirement...

The longer the progressive wing of the Democrat cult is in charge, the worse for average American's like me....
Like you......wealthy Americans who do not want to pay their share of taxes? Is that where you fall?

"House Democrats recently invited Teresa Ghilarducci, a professor at the New School of Social Research, to testify before a subcommittee on her idea to eliminate the preferential tax treatment of the popular retirement plans. In place of 401(k) plans, she would have workers transfer their dough into government-created “guaranteed retirement accounts” for every worker. "

RW used this woman as a bolster for his argument...
So some woman (that no one has ever heard of) suggested something like what you claimed.

Huge fail

Like you......wealthy Americans who do not want to pay their share of taxes? Is that where you fall?
I don’t know how many times I have to post this for you people to get off the talking point bs…I’m just a truck driver, and the wife works accounting for a car dealer…we are in no way rich.

Explain to me what a “fair share” is for the wealthy? Because when ever you fools talk that bs I get hammered more….

So some woman (that no one has ever heard of) suggested something like what you claimed.

Huge fail
If no one ever heard of her, how come dems called her to testify, and RW used her in his rebuttal….Do you not agree with her preferred plan?

Sixties Fan refuted your nonsense pretty well. The point is, you didn't pay for those benefits... you paid for other people who retired. And people who aren't retired are now paying for you. If you live to be 72, you've already gotten out everything you ever paid into Social Security, and if you've had one serious medical issue, you've probably already gotten out everything you paid into Medicare.

I understand how capitalism works perfectly well... I just wonder why the majority of us still tolerate it.
CNBC is the right wing version of NBC that ignores what Trump did as long as the markets are good.
Trump acted like a petulant child.
Most people felt Biden won. But again, Trump acted like he was going to expose Biden's senility at the debate and Joe more than held his own.
1. I paid into the system to secure my SS benefits. I paid in way more than I got out by age 72. You may not know how to adjust for inflation to compare equivalent dollars. I'm being paid in inflated dollars, after paying in current dollars for more than 40 years.

2. I have not spent any Medicare dollars yet. You really don't have a clue WTF you're talking about do you? What's your play? Eliminate Medicare (and Medicaid?) and put everyone on Obamacare? I want the Medicare benefit that I paid into.

3. CNBC is part of NBC, all city democrats, You didn't post a credible link supporting that Biden held his own. Trump clubbed Biden like a baby seal. If it was a fight they'd have stopped it.

1. I paid into the system to secure my SS benefits. I paid in way more than I got out by age 72. You may not know how to adjust for inflation to compare equivalent dollars. I'm being paid in inflated dollars, after paying in current dollars for more than 40 years.

Nope. You get everything you paid in by 72. beyond that, it's welfare.

2. I have not spent any Medicare dollars yet. You really don't have a clue WTF you're talking about do you? What's your play? Eliminate Medicare (and Medicaid?) and put everyone on Obamacare? I want the Medicare benefit that I paid into.

I am glad you've stayed healthy, but the reality is, when you do get sick, it's going to cost a lot more than you paid in.

3. CNBC is part of NBC, all city democrats, You didn't post a credible link supporting that Biden held his own. Trump clubbed Biden like a baby seal. If it was a fight they'd have stopped it.

NBC is part of Comcast/Universal... and they are a media company that produces different products for different people. CNBC for the investor class, MSNBC for liberals.

Forum List

Back