Democrats censure Senator Sinema

Your view of American history is laughable. America became the superpower it is because we had open borders and assimilated foreign peoples and ideas. Ironically there were always voices, probably just like yours, that wanted to close the door.
I do not want to close the door. The United States let people into our nation and closed the door as needed at times. There were still some who snuck in. It takes some time for people to be assimilated into our culture. Imagine many groups with most acting in near the same manner in a general way. What has happened since the 1960's is treason. We were at our peak. Not anymore. Living off our past can only go so far. Losing the reserve currency status at some point is going to make things difficult. Perhaps when things get tougher, you will still have that Prog piss and vinegar in you. Your own politicians are selling our nation out in pieces to others.

So.. the filibuster is suddenly a Republican sacred cow. Never mind the fact that there have something like 160 carve outs already from the filibuster, including by the Republicans.

The filibuster was a sacred cow for the Democrats too, was it not? Like when Trump was in office? There was plenty of vitriolic grandstanding by democratic leaders then just as there are among Repubs today. I do not believe the GOP ever came close to ending the filibuster when they had the chance, as did the Democrats recently by only 2 votes.

A carve-out is basically an exception to the filibuster rule, otherwise known as the nuclear option. And we have Harry Reid to thank for that, do we not? I haven't researched it, don't know it was ever used before that but I doubt it. Have the Repubs used it for anything other than judges, justices, and executive branch appointments? Not that I know of, but here we have the democrats trying to use the nuclear option for something new, and let's not obscure what that means: anything that the majority party wants to pass and doesn't have the 60 votes in the Senate can be passed anyway with only 51 votes. To my way of thinking, that ain't a good idea.

"Symbolic condemnations" are a dime a dozen for democrats who stray from the party line and actually represent their constituents.

This sort of thing does not add to the appeal of the Democratic Party, even if it's just in Arizona instead of nation-wide. The latest Gallup poll numbers reveal the democrats have slipped about 7 points in 2021, down to 27% approval which even lower than the repubs at 29% and the indies at 42%. Our way or highway may not be attractive to voters and those thinking about joining their party. It'd be funny if she left the dems and ran as an independent in 2024. And won or divided the vote enough to give the seat to the GOP.
It didn’t seem to affect the Republican Party when they did it :dunno:
The filibuster was a sacred cow for the Democrats too, was it not? Like when Trump was in office? There was plenty of vitriolic grandstanding by democratic leaders then just as there are among Repubs today. I do not believe the GOP ever came close to ending the filibuster when they had the chance, as did the Democrats recently by only 2 votes.

A carve-out is basically an exception to the filibuster rule, otherwise known as the nuclear option. And we have Harry Reid to thank for that, do we not? I haven't researched it, don't know it was ever used before that but I doubt it. Have the Repubs used it for anything other than judges, justices, and executive branch appointments? Not that I know of, but here we have the democrats trying to use the nuclear option for something new, and let's not obscure what that means: anything that the majority party wants to pass and doesn't have the 60 votes in the Senate can be passed anyway with only 51 votes. To my way of thinking, that ain't a good idea.
Carve outs predated Reid and Republicans have been just as exhuberant at carving station out exceptions. I personally think it should changed and the senator engaging should to stand on the floor and speak.

So.. the filibuster is suddenly a Republican sacred cow. Never mind the fact that there have something like 160 carve outs already from the filibuster, including by the Republicans.
Let us not forget Strom Thurmond's record filibuster, the record length still stands. And what was this fine democrat trying to block--oh yeah, CIVIL RIGHTS. Democrats, the party of KKK and Jim Crow.

I personally think it should changed and the senator engaging should to stand on the floor and speak.

I cannot agree. If legislation cannot get 60 votes in the Senate on its own merits, then it shouldn't be made into law and should not be passed with 51 votes as soon as the senators get exhausted from speaking. All you're doing is delaying the inevitable and eliminating any chance of future compromise and cooperation.

Sometimes obstruction is a good thing when a bad law is passed or a better law is possible.

"Carve outs predated Reid"

When might that be? Link please.

Last edited:

Carve outs predated Reid and Republicans have been just as exhuberant at carving station out exceptions. I personally think it should changed and the senator engaging should to stand on the floor and speak.
The Republican Party isn’t trying to get rid of it, Dumbass.

It takes some time for people to be assimilated into our culture.
Yes, 3 generations. Always has, always will be.

What has happened since the 1960's is treason.
What happened? Minorities got equal rights?

We were at our peak. Not anymore.
Who is 'we'? I'm doing better than my parents and my kids are doing better than me. Or is it White Privilege you mourn?

Your own politicians are selling our nation out in pieces to others.
And yours are not?

Sure you think it's a good idea. So why don't we do this: get rid of the filibuster after Republicans takeover in 2022?

This is not legislation that not many will pay attention to. It's legislation that will nationalize our entire election system in favor of the Communists.

Think of it this way: Let's say the Republicans get huge leadership in Congress in 2024 with Donald Trump as President. They too propose election reform. In our election reform, voting is on one day, every voter must have a valid voter-id, all voting is in person with the exception of those who are not going to be home on election day such as our solders in the military, and people who cannot stand in line to vote like our elderly and disabled, or those working a lot of hours and can't reasonably vote in person, the elimination of Motor Voter.

Republicans have a 55 Senator lead to pass this bill which Trump of course would sign. Would you want to see the bill passed with 55 Senators?

Your view of American history is laughable. America became the superpower it is because we had open borders and assimilated foreign peoples and ideas. Ironically there were always voices, probably just like yours, that wanted to close the door.

At one time we needed an ice man; the guy who hauled that huge block of ice up the stairs to keep your refrigerator cold. We also needed a horseshoe smith, telephone operators, and ditch diggers with shovels.

Immigration was a good idea when we were building the infrastructure of this country and wanted to build it fast. But those days are long gone and immigrants are no longer needed. The ones we do need can come here with a green card to work for their benefit and ours.

This planet has 7.5 billion people on it, I'm sure many of which would love to come to this country. How many of those 7.5 billion do you propose we allow in?

The bill was full of opportunities for election fraud: 15 days of early voting, increased voting by mail, mandates for online and same-day voting registration, voting rights for felons, loosened state voter ID requirements, mandated drop-boxes for ballots, ballot-harvesting, allowing other people to drop off or mail your ballot, federal panels to draw up voting districts...

The whole bill should have been named "The Second Most Extensive and Inclusive Voter Fraud Organization in the History of American Politics"

And let's not forget all ballots be accepted for 10 days after the election so Democrats can stuff phony ballots when they see they are losing an election somewhere.

It's all unconstitutional and even if passed, would be challenged in court. The problem is it's a long process and the commies are hoping that it ends up in a commie court just before the election where the last decision would stand. Yes, the Supreme Court would overturn it but by then it would be too late and Democrats cheated their way into power once again.

At one time we needed an ice man; the guy who hauled that huge block of ice up the stairs to keep your refrigerator cold. We also needed a horseshoe smith, telephone operators, and ditch diggers with shovels.
And now we have programmers, Amazon delivery drivers, etc. How many truck driver jobs are going wanting?

Immigration was a good idea when we were building the infrastructure of this country and wanted to build it fast. But those days are long gone and immigrants are no longer needed. The ones we do need can come here with a green card to work for their benefit and ours.
Infrastructure needs constant re-building and people to do it.

This planet has 7.5 billion people on it, I'm sure many of which would love to come to this country. How many of those 7.5 billion do you propose we allow in?
I don't propose either open or closed borders. China is a powerhouse today because it has human not natural resources in abundance.

Quite right and that often leads to a minority ruling over the majority. A situation that has sparked revolutions in the past.

It's worked out well since we formed this country. The concept of the college is so we don't have a ruling class. The population of NYC is larger than the combined population of our 10 least populated states. Would it be fair that one city has that much power over the rest of the country?

Our Congress is the same way. At first our founders thought of the House which has a representative for X amount of people. But that would be unfair to much less populated states in our country. So they also created a Senate. You get two Senators of your state no matter if you lived in Rhode Island or Texas. Equal representation.

We are not a democracy, we are a Republic.

It's worked out well since we formed this country. The concept of the college is so we don't have a ruling class. The population of NYC is larger than the combined population of our 10 least populated states. Would it be fair that one city has that much power over the rest of the country?
Is it fair that the vote of a resident of NYC has less weight than a voter from Iowa?

Our Congress is the same way. At first our founders thought of the House which has a representative for X amount of people. But that would be unfair to much less populated states in our country. So they also created a Senate. You get two Senators of your state no matter if you lived in Rhode Island or Texas. Equal representation.
Hardly equal if the will of the millions in NYC can be thwarted by the will of the thousands in Wyoming.

We are not a democracy, we are a Republic.
I understand why it is the way it is and 250 years ago it was fine. America has changed a lot since and what doesn't adapt and change will become extinct.

Forum List

Back