Democrats Bring Bill To Prohibit Armed Citizen Militias

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

If I want to join a militia I will and I don't give a shit if you like it or not.
Your talking to someone flying a foreign flag avatar. That tells you all you need to know...

There's more to this Bill than OP presents. It's even more insidious than at first glance. It also seeks to criminalize communities for establishing their own leadership, and law enforcement...
In this Leftest Banana Republic we live in now the assholes only think we should only have a centralized government, run by them.

Introduced by Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) on Thursday, the bill dubbed the “Preventing Private Paramilitary Activity Act” would prohibit privately organized groups from “publicly patrolling, drilling, or engaging in harmful or deadly paramilitary techniques,” “interfering with or interrupting government proceedings,” or “interfering with the exercise of someone else’s constitutional rights,” according to Mr. Markey.

Their bills defines a “private paramilitary organization” as “any group of 3 or more persons associating under a command structure for the purpose of functioning in public or training to function in public as a combat, combat support, law enforcement, or security services unit.” The bill states acting with or on behalf of such a private paramilitary organization while armed with a firearm, explosive, incendiary device, or other dangerous weapon, and engaging in patrolling, training, interfering with government or constitutional rights, or assuming the functions of law enforcement without official authority.

The bill makes exceptions for members of the National Guard and other military reserve components, state guard forces, and members of other federal or state-organized groups to train in and apply paramilitary, law enforcement, and security service activity. The bill also allows for the organization of groups formed solely to conduct military reenactments, “bona-fide veterans organization with no intent to engage” in the aforementioned prohibited activities, and students in government or state-authorized educational institutions that teach military science.

Remember that old cliche. Anytime they want to take your guns away, it's because they want to do something you would shoot them for......Only in this case, it's getting organized and trained.

Raskin again.....I don't typically root for cancer, but in his case I'll make an exception. 😐
There is no such thing as a “citizen militia”. :rolleyes:

Introduced by Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) on Thursday, the bill dubbed the “Preventing Private Paramilitary Activity Act” would prohibit privately organized groups from “publicly patrolling, drilling, or engaging in harmful or deadly paramilitary techniques,” “interfering with or interrupting government proceedings,” or “interfering with the exercise of someone else’s constitutional rights,” according to Mr. Markey.

Their bills defines a “private paramilitary organization” as “any group of 3 or more persons associating under a command structure for the purpose of functioning in public or training to function in public as a combat, combat support, law enforcement, or security services unit.” The bill states acting with or on behalf of such a private paramilitary organization while armed with a firearm, explosive, incendiary device, or other dangerous weapon, and engaging in patrolling, training, interfering with government or constitutional rights, or assuming the functions of law enforcement without official authority.

The bill makes exceptions for members of the National Guard and other military reserve components, state guard forces, and members of other federal or state-organized groups to train in and apply paramilitary, law enforcement, and security service activity. The bill also allows for the organization of groups formed solely to conduct military reenactments, “bona-fide veterans organization with no intent to engage” in the aforementioned prohibited activities, and students in government or state-authorized educational institutions that teach military science.

Remember that old cliche. Anytime they want to take your guns away, it's because they want to do something you would shoot them for......Only in this case, it's getting organized and trained.

Raskin again.....I don't typically root for cancer, but in his case I'll make an exception. 😐
….shall not be infringed and GFY

OK, maybe I should have used the term "unregulated militias". That seems to be the common thread through the various state's definition and regulation of militias.

Citing an article describing the J6 Reichstag Fire as an “insurrection” is an automatic disqualification

The Cult of Trump is going to result in an even bigger win for Biden, and sweep out so many Republicans from Congress, that the new Democratic majority will be able to codify abortion rights, voting rights, gun control, and a bunch of other legislative priorities that we never would be able to do if the rightwing didn't willingly, anxiously walk off a cliff. 👍🏻
Yeah, Biden who has fucked up almost every Americans' pockets is gonna win. :cuckoo:

Which authoritarian government since firearms were invented has allowed it's citizens unfettered access to them, amassing huge arsenals without registering them with the state?

GO!
4i6Ckte.gif
No Authoritarian governments have. Only America and a few others have.

USSR, Nazi Germany, Cambodia, North Korea, Cuba, and North Vietnam haven't.

Venezuela hasn't either. You advocating for America to adopt their policies?

Fuckin' commie turd?! Speak up you fuckin' commie piece of shit!

Lebanon has militias

Afghanistan has militias

We don’t militias nor should we have them

Unless you like warlords
We have had Militia since prior to being a Country , Militia was activated in early weeks of WW2 to guard infrastructure ( the brand new Shasta Dam) ( important Rail installations ) ( Electric / Power Plants ) ... and stood watch until Mil / NG replacements were posted . Militia was common & the Norm until after WW1 when National Guard was completely Formalized .

Forum List

Back