Democrats are committing political suicide.......again.

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
The Dims voted down the stimulus bill worth trillions of dollars to relieve the current national and worldwide emergency.

Now many of you know that I have issues with the stimulus package and government thrown trillions at pretty much any problem that arises, however, if government is going to tell us we can't work, they MUST pay us. Otherwise, people will no longer listen to the government and we wind up with anarchy. And from what I hear, the GOP is using the basic framework of what Dims suggested to begin with, so why vote it down now?

What are they thinking? Any delay can mean millions of jobs and layoffs with the economy in free fall. which is perhaps all they really want and why they are doing this. Make people suffer as much as possible to blame it all on Trump in 2020.

This ranks right up there with Biden trying to paint Trump as a racist for first suggesting to issue a travel ban against China.

There will be nothing "left" of the democrat party as this will not get pinned on the GOP.

The Dims voted down the stimulus bill worth trillions of dollars to relieve the current national and worldwide emergency.

Now many of you know that I have issues with the stimulus package and government thrown trillions at pretty much any problem that arises, however, if government is going to tell us we can't work, they MUST pay us. Otherwise, people will no longer listen to the government and we wind up with anarchy. And from what I hear, the GOP is using the basic framework of what Dims suggested to begin with, so why vote it down now?

What are they thinking? Any delay can mean millions of jobs and layoffs with the economy in free fall. which is perhaps all they really want and why they are doing this.

This ranks right up there with Biden trying to paint Trump as a racist for first suggesting to issue a travel ban against China.

There will be nothing "left" of the democrat party.
So who do you think the GOP want to help, corporations or low-wage workers?

We should all start encouraging people to return to work and ignore all government mandates otherwise if they continue to insist Americans live on nothing.

It's every man for himself as the party that voted this down should be remembered in November.

What are they thinking? Any delay can mean millions of jobs and layoffs with the economy in free fall. which is perhaps all they really want and why they are doing this.

Millions of people will lose their jobs this week without immediate action.

Queen Pelosi was perturbed that the bill did not originate with her and removed her ability to take credit for it publicly.
From what I hear the GOP adopted many of the Pelosi mandates within the bill, yet they still voted it down.

My only conclusion is, they literally want the economy to blow up and then blame it on Trump in November.

I got news for them, this WON"T get pinned on Trump.

How many will be helped by the GOP bill as it is?

Based on the itemization of the bill and what we know about it BOTH. 500 billion for businesses and 1 trillion plus for everything else as the first phase.
Workers definitely need to be compensated for the income the government is FORCING them to lose but so do many businesses. Especially the millions of small businesses

The Democrats want Americans to lose jobs so they can blame Trump. They know the MSM will back their lies.

Workers definitely need to be compensated for the income the government is FORCING them to lose but so do many businesses. Especially the millions of small businesses
I agree but help should ALSO go the the lowest earning workers who need it the most. A check based on previous income will not include those workers.

We should all start encouraging people to return to work and ignore all government mandates otherwise if they continue to insist Americans live on nothing.

It's every man for himself as the party that voted this down should be remembered in November.

This is the most stupid comment you've ever posted. Karma may bite you as it did Rand Paul. Thinking people see what Paul has created, a mess in the Senate as too many may have been infected by his irresponsible behavior, something you support.

Last edited:

How many will be helped by the GOP bill as it is?

So it sounds to me like the Dims want to ignore business and only give out checks to Americans

Well how do these businesses that employ these Americans survive? They need the money as well.

Naturally, when it comes to these large massive bills the allocations are often questionable, if not completely clandestine, just like with the Obama Stimulus package. However, this is different in that this stimulus bill is actually needed to prevent massive layoffs and economic free fall, as where the Obama stimulus package was not needed and basically did nothing for the economy.

This is the most stupid comment you've ever posted. Karma may bite you as it did Rand Paul.
Karma is facing voters in November for politicians who politicalized a national emergency

Spending millions of dollars for 4 years to hire someone to take down the President of the United States with a ludicrous conspiracy theory was all fun in games compared to this.

That's already going to happen because everything is pretty much shut down. But nice attempt at deflecting the fact that Trump sat on his thumbs for almost 6 weeks denying, dismissing, deflecting, misdirecting, and campaigning. The reason we are here is largely because of his inaction. Quite simply put, it was more important to shadow the Democrats running against them before their primaries than it was to take his job seriously. Democrats are right to hold this bill up until Republicans make it clear that the money goes to the workers and small business owners. Not the corporations. No stock buybacks, no tax cuts for corporations, and guarantees for workers so they don't get laid off in spite of the fact that the government is bailing companies out.

That's already going to happen because everything is pretty much shut down. But nice attempt at deflecting the fact that Trump sat on his thumbs for almost 6 weeks denying, dismissing, deflecting, misdirecting, and campaigning. The reason we are here is largely because of his inaction. Quite simply put, it was more important to shadow the Democrats running against them before their primaries than it was to take his job seriously. Democrats are right to hold this bill up until Republicans make it clear that the money goes to the workers and small business owners. Not the corporations. No stock buybacks, no tax cuts for corporations, and guarantees for workers so they don't get laid off in spite of the fact that the government is bailing companies out.
People need to survive. They need to return to work and ignore government mandates.

The government has ceased functioning.

What are they thinking? Any delay can mean millions of jobs and layoffs with the economy in free fall. which is perhaps all they really want and why they are doing this. Make people suffer as much as possible to blame it all on Trump in 2020.

There will be nothing "left" of the democrat party as this will not get pinned on the GOP.
Wrecking everything does not matter. Power does. 7 words summary.

The Democrats want Americans to lose jobs so they can blame Trump. They know the MSM will back their lies.
I'm truly starting to believe that.

It's absolutely true. Democrats covet power over the American people. A stock market crash, long unemployment lines and sick Americans helps their case for November. They aren't going to help Trump beat this virus and make him look good.

This will get pinned on the GOP. One of the issues is that the GOP refused to put in strong language banning the money from being used for stock buybacks or raising CEO pay. The Republicans refused to do so. Senate Democrats were cut out of the discussions yet they are supposed to rubberstamp this.

Forum List

Back