Democrats Announce Hearing On Trump’s Tax Returns

His tax returns are not a priority or concern for me. There are so many other pressing issues for this country right now in my opinion.

Of course not.

Your concerns are your petty political agenda

I'm sorry but what agenda would that be? I just don't see how having access to his tax returns is more of a priority than the many other issues right now facing the country.

Democrats will hold the hearing instead of just trying to obtain the documents.

The secrecy of President Donald Trump’s tax returns will be the subject of a hearing next week, Democrats in the House of Representatives announced Thursday.

Democrats have had the power to request Trump’s tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service since they assumed control of the House this year, but they’ve hesitated. To build the public case for disclosure, the House tax committee’s oversight panel will examine its authority to obtain the president’s tax returns at a Feb. 7 hearing.

Trump was the first major presidential candidate in 40 years not to release tax returns, which would have revealed detailed information about his sources of income and how much tax he pays. Democrats vowed to get the returns themselves, but haven’t done it yet.

Pressure is building, with an ABC News/Washington Post poll showing a healthy majority of Americans support the move. Tax March, a coalition of liberal groups, has been pressuring Democrats to hurry up, and Democratic members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus have been getting antsy, too.

Rep. Richard Neal (D-Mass.), the chairman of the tax committee, has said he wants time “to lay out a case” for the move and that staffers drafting the request are doing it “methodically” and need time.

Trump’s tax returns could show whether he evaded taxes, as a blockbuster New York Times report alleged that he and his father, Fred Trump, did for decades in the 20th century. The returns could also provide information about the sources of financing and debt at his multi-billion dollar real estate business.

As part of the public case, Democrats introduced legislation by Reps. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) and Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) that would require presidential candidates to disclose 10 years of tax returns.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin has hinted that he will not comply with the Democrats’ request, which could get tied up in court for months.

More: Democrats Announce Hearing On Trump's Tax Returns

Well, slow but sure - hopefully. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin will likely be forced to turn them over. What do you think?

can you be honest about why you want them? probably not, but let me try.

you want them so that the dems and the media can make up lies about what they say. Trump's tax returns are hundreds of pages of complex filings. He uses tax lawyers to prepare them and they are audited every year.

If the dems were to obtain them, they would pull out one or two pages, make up lies about what they say, and dominate the news cycle with those lies for weeks. We all know that is exactly what would happen and the country would get nothing done while that BS played out and in the end nothing illegal will be found.

If he was cheating don't you think the Obama IRS would have made a big deal of it in 2016? the media actually got his 2005 return and found nothing illegal, improper, ot not in compliance with the tax code.

This is but another ruse to take the attention away from the good economy, improved trade deals, high employment, and improved international relations. The dems are desperate, they have no one to run that has any credibility. This is a joke and you dems are the butt of it.
Did his money come from Russia ,,,, money laundering ?? and republicans can care less?? And you call yourselves Americans ? lol WHAT does Putin have on him?
You don't even know what money laundering is. Only cash received as proceeds in the commission of a crime can be "laundered." So what illegal received cash did Trump launder? The fact that he received cash from a Russian doesn't make it illegal, dumbfuck.
If Trump could only get finance from Russian sources then that would create an obligation. That must be concern for all of us in the West. Far better for Trump to have full disclosure and then people can see that he is the paragon that you seem to think he is.
The horseshit spews like a vast geyser from you. Trump's tax returns will become grist for the leftwing spin machine, and everyone knows it. There is no conceivable way he could benefit by releasing them.
Well they already are. And the nature of these things mean that people probably imagine that they are worse than they actually are. He would get kudos for coming clean and actually being honest for once.

The courts have already turned down one request for Trump's tax returns. See what they do with this one.

you want them so that the dems and the media can make up lies about what they say. Trump's tax returns are hundreds of pages of complex filings. He uses tax lawyers to prepare them and they are audited every year.

If the dems were to obtain them, they would pull out one or two pages, make up lies about what they say, and dominate the news cycle with those lies for weeks. We all know that is exactly what would happen and the country would get nothing done while that BS played out and in the end nothing illegal will be found.

If he was cheating don't you think the Obama IRS would have made a big deal of it in 2016? the media actually got his 2005 return and found nothing illegal, improper, ot not in compliance with the tax code.

This is but another ruse to take the attention away from the good economy, improved trade deals, high employment, and improved international relations. The dems are desperate, they have no one to run that has any credibility. This is a joke and you dems are the butt of it.
Did his money come from Russia ,,,, money laundering ?? and republicans can care less?? And you call yourselves Americans ? lol WHAT does Putin have on him?
You don't even know what money laundering is. Only cash received as proceeds in the commission of a crime can be "laundered." So what illegal received cash did Trump launder? The fact that he received cash from a Russian doesn't make it illegal, dumbfuck.
If Trump could only get finance from Russian sources then that would create an obligation. That must be concern for all of us in the West. Far better for Trump to have full disclosure and then people can see that he is the paragon that you seem to think he is.
The horseshit spews like a vast geyser from you. Trump's tax returns will become grist for the leftwing spin machine, and everyone knows it. There is no conceivable way he could benefit by releasing them.
Well they already are. And the nature of these things mean that people probably imagine that they are worse than they actually are. He would get kudos for coming clean and actually being honest for once.
Bullshit. The fake news media will try to spin every deduction into a scandal. Trump doesn't gain a thing by releasing his returns.

If they find

That he's in debt

Or is doing business with suspicious persons

It will matter.

Otherwise...mehhhhh
Four Trumpers laughed at this post.

Does that mean that if his tax returns show those things they wouldn't care?

Tax returns don't show debt and they don't show interactions with individuals.

100 page PDF Financial Disclosure forms are filed annually showing all holdings, income and debt (detailed). No one has explained to me why this "required" filing is not good enough? All it does not show is Tax paid.

I have cut/pasted, linked etc.....but Liberal stay-at-home-commee-SSDI red posters usuall just run from that thread and start another one like this. I could name names if U Care DizzyDean.

That's what happens when obsession addles the brain. They latch onto an idea and are absolutely convinced that if they can just force him to let them see that, THEN they'll have him for sure. Naturally, it never does give them what they want.

Democrats will hold the hearing instead of just trying to obtain the documents.

The secrecy of President Donald Trump’s tax returns will be the subject of a hearing next week, Democrats in the House of Representatives announced Thursday.

Democrats have had the power to request Trump’s tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service since they assumed control of the House this year, but they’ve hesitated. To build the public case for disclosure, the House tax committee’s oversight panel will examine its authority to obtain the president’s tax returns at a Feb. 7 hearing.

Trump was the first major presidential candidate in 40 years not to release tax returns, which would have revealed detailed information about his sources of income and how much tax he pays. Democrats vowed to get the returns themselves, but haven’t done it yet.

Pressure is building, with an ABC News/Washington Post poll showing a healthy majority of Americans support the move. Tax March, a coalition of liberal groups, has been pressuring Democrats to hurry up, and Democratic members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus have been getting antsy, too.

Rep. Richard Neal (D-Mass.), the chairman of the tax committee, has said he wants time “to lay out a case” for the move and that staffers drafting the request are doing it “methodically” and need time.

Trump’s tax returns could show whether he evaded taxes, as a blockbuster New York Times report alleged that he and his father, Fred Trump, did for decades in the 20th century. The returns could also provide information about the sources of financing and debt at his multi-billion dollar real estate business.

As part of the public case, Democrats introduced legislation by Reps. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) and Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) that would require presidential candidates to disclose 10 years of tax returns.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin has hinted that he will not comply with the Democrats’ request, which could get tied up in court for months.

More: Democrats Announce Hearing On Trump's Tax Returns

Well, slow but sure - hopefully. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin will likely be forced to turn them over. What do you think?

And since the vast majority of those clambering to see them wouldn't know what they were looking at it they did, there is no reason to release them. They just want somebody else to pick out a number somewhere they can complain about.

No, he would not. Upon release, the clambering hordes would wait for their favorite hate merchant to imagine something negative about an entry on a line in one of them and go absolutely berserk, pretending they have a clue what a tax return that big should look like.

His tax returns are not a priority or concern for me. There are so many other pressing issues for this country right now in my opinion.
Is the grabbing of pussy by a president one of them??

President Trump only talked about grabbing gals who actually let him do it. Compare and contrast with the Clinton Family history of Sexual Assault , Sexual harassment and Forcible Rape. That's why that attack on him by the Clintons failed so completely.

Pelosi is on a mission to bring Trump down

And so are millions of Americans; of which I am one.

So you believe in mob rule. Sorry, we are a nation of laws and this road that this nation is going down is rule by polls, that is extremely dangerous.

If taxes are required to show to run for President, then why is it not a law? If it was a law, I’d be all for Trump showing his taxes however this is a witch-hunt for a man Democrats hate and just pure hate and petty politics, I don’t think Democrats are any better than Trump or Republicans as they seek the low ground.
/——/ You are such a troll. Professional politicians tailor their tax returns to pass public scrutiny. Trump is a businessman who filed his taxes so he wouldn’t get audited. Now he’s president, you libtards want to comb through his taxes and find something to twist and distort to put him on the definite. With 600 pages, I’m sure you scumbags could invent a new scandal everyday. Hope that explains it.
WTF are you talking about, HE claims he has been audited every year for decades
/——/ I didn’t say he wasn’t audited by the IRS and NY State. I said libtards want to go on a fishing expedition. Savy that?

Pelosi is on a mission to bring Trump down

So you believe in mob rule. Sorry, we are a nation of laws and this road that this nation is going down is rule by polls, that is extremely dangerous.

If taxes are required to show to run for President, then why is it not a law? If it was a law, I’d be all for Trump showing his taxes however this is a witch-hunt for a man Democrats hate and just pure hate and petty politics, I don’t think Democrats are any better than Trump or Republicans as they seek the low ground.
/——/ You are such a troll. Professional politicians tailor their tax returns to pass public scrutiny. Trump is a businessman who filed his taxes so he wouldn’t get audited. Now he’s president, you libtards want to comb through his taxes and find something to twist and distort to put him on the definite. With 600 pages, I’m sure you scumbags could invent a new scandal everyday. Hope that explains it.
/——/ I didn’t say he wasn’t audited by the IRS and NY State. I said libtards want to go on a fishing expedition. Savy that?
Fishing expedition??? Libs?? How long did your dumbass fukers go after Hillary for e mails and Benghazi???And what were those paid off swift boater liars doing??? and your asshole president saying Obama wasn't a citizen???

Fishing expedition??? Libs?? How long did your dumbass fukers go after Hillary for e mails and Benghazi???And what were those paid off swift boater liars doing??? and your asshole president saying Obama wasn't a citizen???

No Special Persecutor was ever appointed to take down Hillary Clinton of B. Hussein O. As far as Obama's birth, Trump investigated and determined he was born in Hawaii, so you should be happy.

As far as the Swift Boat Heroes, John Kerry NEVER debated the men.

/——/ Nothing to do with you libtards who want to create non stop scandal for the president. BTW NY AG is doing that with a tax deduction Trump took years ago that was approved by NY Tax Dept and the IRS.

That was one cherry picked return and are you sure he didn't get most back the following year with a refund? The man is a con artist No dirty trick is beneath him

BTW, Eddie.....

We note that in your jonesing for President Trump to show all that you failed to attach a .pdf copy of your personal tax return. Was that mere oversight or do you have something to hide?

Forum List

Back