Democrat Rep on CNN: We don't want Small Businesses

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism.
What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages? The state has one of the highest cost factors to exist there. The state is number one in the nation with GDP.

What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages?

Many people lack the skills and experience to get any but a low wage job.
Are they to be trapped on welfare their entire life?

The state is number one in the nation with GDP.

Number one in population.
It is not always about skills but location, lower wages are ok in places where the cost of living is lower yet California is not that place.
True enough.

I live in SoCal and two people making minimum wage can barely make it on what they take home. And if they have kids, forget it. They live hand to mouth.

Why in the ever-loving fuck would you be starting a family on minimum wage? Does the concept of "making wise life decisions" not enter into your thinking ever?
You ASSume too much, I was making an observation - not a confession. Start over.

YOU ASSume too much. You decided this was all about you.

In order to bypass your apparently overwhelming narcissism, let me rephrase: Why in the ever-loving fuck would A PERSON be starting a family on minimum wage? Does the concept of "making wise life decisions" not enter into THAT PERSON'S thinking ever?

I apologize for using colloquialisms that fed into your conviction that the world revolves around you.

Now, if you're done diverting, perhaps you could answer the question.

that depends on whether you’re a business owner or an employee. Many employees produce much much more in value than they get paid and those profits go to the business owner. That’s how business works.

If you're an employee and you only produce $10/hour in value, how much should you be paid?
Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour. Of course there are many other factors at play.

If this is the circumstance then the business owner needs to restructure and develop a better business model or train the employee to produce more value.

Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour.

And if a $15/ hour mandate was enacted?

If this is the circumstance then the business owner needs to restructure and develop a better business model or train the employee to produce more value.

Some people just aren't very productive, no matter what the business model or amount of training (like 30 year olds still making minimum wage).
Min wage workers aren’t there to produce business they are there to exacute
In which state does making $15,000 a year keep a person above the poverty line?

Who said it needs to do that?
Less than 2% of workers make minimum wage and about half of them are 25 and under.
Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?! How about so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat despite the fact they are fully employed. That may be a point you agree with

Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?!

Exactly.

If you produce $10/hour in value, what should your wages be?

so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat

Would the taxpayer funded welfare be higher or lower without the job?
It’s up to the business owner to run their business to produce adequate value to pay their employees, just as it’s up to them to meet regulations and codes for the states and industries they do business in. A persons time is worth more than poverty. If you work for yourself and you produce $10 an hour of value then that’s what you will get and you likely won’t make it. But if you are going to employee people then you have a responsibility to those employees

Yep, your responsibility is to pay them as agreed, nothing more.

exactly, which is why there is movement to get the minimum agreement higher and better for workers

Yet all it will create is fewer workers, tell the ones put out of a job how much better it is for them. You commies just don't think things through.

What do you mean they don't think it through. Of course they do. Its been analyzed and studied.
It would cost 1.4 million jobs in exchange for raising 900,000 out of poverty.

So you believe that since you're fine with that everyone else should be true?

I marvel at how the leftwing mind works.
No, I don't believe that everybody should feel the same way I do. I actually don't think the $15 min wage should be in this bill, but who cares what I think and feel? Nobody. Can we get back to the debate now? I'm not done schooling you.
So are you fine with everyone opposing the $15/hr minimum wage or not?
Of course I’m fine with people opposing the wage... don’t see why that matters
Then why don't you shut up about it?
Because I don’t want to
In other words you have a problem with people disapproving of the $15/hr minimum wage. You keep taking both sides of the issue.
Again, nobody gives a shit what I have a problem with or not. I’m debating the issue, my personal feelings don’t matter. I’m taking the side of defending the wage. You seem to keep bouncing around topics. Are you having a hard time hanging?
I give a shit that you're a liar and a hypocrite. If you don't care whether people support the $15/hr minimum wage, then you would shut your fucking trap about it. People don't blather continually about stuff they don't care about.

You seem to have a problem with identifying your hypocrisy.
Engaging in debate is not hypocrisy. I could take the other side of the argument and run circles around you. And here you are going off track to try and get personal. That’s a white flag if I’ve ever seen one.
They way you do it is hypocrisy. You claim you don't care about whether people support the $15/hr minimum wage, and then you immediately prove you're a liar. Pointing out your lies and hypocrisy is not "getting personal." It's arguing against your lies and hypocrisy.

They lie about everything.

The fact is that these immigrants do the work that American workers are too lazy to do, and $15 isn't going to change that. My view is that $15 is too high a wage for the kind of work that they do because that basic wage is a learning wage only.
That "learning wage" ends up being THE wage in far too many cases

that depends on whether you’re a business owner or an employee. Many employees produce much much more in value than they get paid and those profits go to the business owner. That’s how business works.

If you're an employee and you only produce $10/hour in value, how much should you be paid?
Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour. Of course there are many other factors at play.

Generally speaking if an employee is producing $10 an hour of value then if the business is going to survive it would need to pay that employee $3-$5 an hour.

Some people just aren't very productive, no matter what the business model or amount of training (like 30 year olds still making minimum wage).

Less than 2% of workers make minimum wage and about half of them are 25 and under.
Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?! How about so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat despite the fact they are fully employed. That may be a point you agree with

Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?!

Exactly.

so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat

It’s up to the business owner to run their business to produce adequate value to pay their employees, just as it’s up to them to meet regulations and codes for the states and industries they do business in. A persons time is worth more than poverty. If you work for yourself and you produce $10 an hour of value then that’s what you will get and you likely won’t make it. But if you are going to employee people then you have a responsibility to those employees

exactly, which is why there is movement to get the minimum agreement higher and better for workers

Yet all it will create is fewer workers, tell the ones put out of a job how much better it is for them. You commies just don't think things through.

What do you mean they don't think it through. Of course they do. Its been analyzed and studied.

No, I don't believe that everybody should feel the same way I do. I actually don't think the $15 min wage should be in this bill, but who cares what I think and feel? Nobody. Can we get back to the debate now? I'm not done schooling you.
Because I don’t want to
In other words you have a problem with people disapproving of the $15/hr minimum wage. You keep taking both sides of the issue.
Again, nobody gives a shit what I have a problem with or not. I’m debating the issue, my personal feelings don’t matter. I’m taking the side of defending the wage. You seem to keep bouncing around topics. Are you having a hard time hanging?
I give a shit that you're a liar and a hypocrite. If you don't care whether people support the $15/hr minimum wage, then you would shut your fucking trap about it. People don't blather continually about stuff they don't care about.

Engaging in debate is not hypocrisy. I could take the other side of the argument and run circles around you. And here you are going off track to try and get personal. That’s a white flag if I’ve ever seen one.
They way you do it is hypocrisy. You claim you don't care about whether people support the $15/hr minimum wage, and then you immediately prove you're a liar. Pointing out your lies and hypocrisy is not "getting personal." It's arguing against your lies and hypocrisy.
Hahaha. What did I lie about?! This is gonna be good

Exactly.

Actually if you read closely it says it COULD cost 1.4 million jobs...or it could cost ZERO jobs.

History favors the latter
No it doesn't, and the laws of economics mean the former is the rule.
Did you just say the laws of economics?! You are cracking me up today!
That cracks you up? I'm not the one claiming the laws of supply and demand don't pertain to the cost of labor.
I’m not claiming that either. Haha, if you need to make things up to win an argument then that’s pretty pathetic
Actually, you are claiming that.
Actually I’m not. I’m literally doing the opposite of that smart guy
Wrong. You are just too stupid to realize that you are claiming that.
I know exactly what I’m claiming. Weren’t you the guy who thought that labor costs effects revenue? You really shouldn’t be giving business or economic advice. You should study up a bit
Where did you prove that labor costs don't affect revenue?
Pages ago... remember even OKTexas corrected your mistake. Labor is an expense on the opposite side of the ledger than revenue. Labor would effect profits. Did you mean to say profits? You’re not the brightest bulb are ya?!
What a fucking moron. Perhaps I should have said "net revenue." However, it does affect revenue because charging higher prices to cover the cost increase reduces revenue.
Haha, yeah you should have said net revenue or profits of that’s what you meant. And your second point was just retarded. Don’t try and save face with this one you’ve already prove that you’re an idiot when it comes to business and debate

llegal aliens work for less than minimum wage. Make them legal, force employers to pay them MW and RAISE the MW and the downward pressure on wages go away.

Importing millions of low-skilled illegal aliens, making them legal and hiking the minimum wage is not going to increase the demand for low-skilled native born US citizen workers.

Who determines the value an employee adds?

Math.

OK. Show your work

If you take $10 of input and turn it into an $18 product in 1 hour, you created $8 of value/hour.
The fact is that these immigrants do the work that American workers are too lazy to do, and $15 isn't going to change that. My view is that $15 is too high a wage for the kind of work that they do because that basic wage is a learning wage only.
What kind of work are you talking about? And what are they learning? Can you give a couple examples?

Exactly.

Because I don’t want to

Haha, can you name a lie I’ve told?

Pages ago... remember even OKTexas corrected your mistake. Labor is an expense on the opposite side of the ledger than revenue. Labor would effect profits. Did you mean to say profits? You’re not the brightest bulb are ya?!
What a fucking moron. Perhaps I should have said "net revenue." However, it does affect revenue because charging higher prices to cover the cost increase reduces revenue.
Haha, yeah you should have said net revenue or profits of that’s what you meant. And your second point was just retarded. Don’t try and save face with this one you’ve already prove that you’re an idiot when it comes to business and debate
You lied when you said you didn't care about whether people approved of the proposed $15/hr minimum wage. Then you immediately launched into a tirade about how people had a right to make a certain wage.

You lied about whether you cared, obviously.

Exactly.

Because I don’t want to

I jut did, NAZI.

llegal aliens work for less than minimum wage. Make them legal, force employers to pay them MW and RAISE the MW and the downward pressure on wages go away.

Importing millions of low-skilled illegal aliens, making them legal and hiking the minimum wage is not going to increase the demand for low-skilled native born US citizen workers.

Math.

OK. Show your work

If you take $10 of input and turn it into an $18 product in 1 hour, you created $8 of value/hour.
What kind of work are you talking about? And what are they learning? Can you give a couple examples?
Farmhands, landscaping, clean-up, etc.

You lied when you said you didn't care about whether people approved of the proposed $15/hr minimum wage. Then you immediately launched into a tirade about how people had a right to make a certain wage.

You lied about whether you cared, obviously.
Again who gives a shit about what I “care” about?! Jesus, grow up. I often debate on the opposite side of my personal views as a mental exercise and to help me gain perspective. If you can’t hang with the points I make then that’s on you. What I actually care about is irrelevant.

That "learning wage" ends up being THE wage in far too many cases
True, but the wage may increase if the work is good because good help is hard to keep if the wage becomes the final wage.

Small business owners are the craftiest and most ambitious people I meet. They figure out how to make something from nothing
Democrat rulers don’t like such independence and success because so many of whom they represent are government dependent or assisted bums. Self motivators and self sustainers are a threat to the Democrat regime so they are seeking their elimination.

Math.

OK. Show your work

You think picking veggies in a field all day is a learning task? Or digging trenches or cleaning bathroom floors?! What exactly are they learning? And if somebody spends 40 hours a week 50 weeks a year doing those jobs do you really think they deserve to make less than $15,000 a year ?! Really think about that

Small business owners are the craftiest and most ambitious people I meet. They figure out how to make something from nothing
Democrat rulers don’t like such independence and success because so many of whom they represent are government dependent or assisted bums. Self motivators and self sustainers are a threat to the Democrat regime so they are seeking their elimination.
Good theory man. Sounds totally believable

Exactly.

Because I don’t want to

Did you vote for Biden?

Math.

OK. Show your work

You think picking veggies in a field all day is a learning task? Or digging trenches or cleaning bathroom floors?! What exactly are they learning? And if somebody spends 40 hours a week 50 weeks a year doing those jobs do you really think they deserve to make less than $15,000 a year ?! Really think about that
Yes, I think everybody deserves more. It isn't only $15000. It also benefits that need to be added to the mix and then it becomes a matter of affordability.

Last edited:

Exactly.

Because I don’t want to

Did you vote for Biden?
I did but it wasn’t counted. Why?

Math.

OK. Show your work

Yes, I think everybody deserves more. It isn't only $15000. It also benefits that need to be added to the mix and then it becomes a matter of affordability.
Ok $15k and benefits. You good with that for full time work? The jobs you listed aren’t learning jobs btw, they are straight up hard labor

Good theory man. Sounds totally believable
Fact over feeling and you naturally reject that

Forum List

Back