Democrat blues

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Yup what a great leader the left elected.........

As historians begin to assess Barack Obama’s record as president, there’s at least one legacy he’ll leave that will indeed be historic—but not in the way he would have hoped. Even as Democrats look favorably ahead to the presidential landscape of 2016, the strength in the Electoral College belies huge losses across much of the country. In fact, no president in modern times has presided over so disastrous a stretch for his party, at almost every level of politics.

Read more: Democratic Blues

The party’s record over the past six years has made clear that when Barack Obama leaves office in January 2017 the Democratic Party will have ceded vast sections of the country to Republicans, and will be left with a weak bench of high-level elected officials. It is, in fact, so bleak a record that even if the Democrats hold the White House and retake the Senate in 2016, the party’s wounds will remain deep and enduring, threatening the enactment of anything like a “progressive” agenda across much of the nation and eliminating nearly a decade’s worth of rising stars who might help strengthen the party in elections ahead.

In 2009, Democrats were in full control of 27 state legislatures; Republicans held full power in 14. Now? The GOP is in full control of 30 state legislatures; Democrats hold full power in just 11. In 24 states, Republicans control the governorship and both houses of the legislature—giving them total control over the political process. That increased power at the state level has already led to serious consequences for Democrats, for their political future and for their goals.

“It’s almost a crime,” Democratic Party Vice Chair Donna Brazile says. “We have been absolutely decimated at the state and local level.”

Taken as a whole, these six years have been almost historically awful for Democrats. You have to go back to the Great Depression and the Watergate years to find so dramatic a reversal of fortunes for a party. And this time, there’s neither a Great Depression nor a criminal conspiracy in the White House to explain what has happened.

Read more: Democratic Blues

Will be lucky to have science institutions in the backs of run down warehouses and I fear the majority will just let this country fall apart because of this president. Bush was a far better president but Obama destroyed all he had done.

Obama has divided this nation and handed it into the hands of illogical morons. God, do I wish he never won office! McCain would made a decent president. Obama gave the no government types the argument they have been thirsting for and that is bad.

It's a two-party system, boys, and the GOP doing what they do is why the Dems get returned to power. No worries, none at all, especially in the flyover, which matters not a damn.

It's a two-party system, boys, and the GOP doing what they do is why the Dems get returned to power. No worries, none at all, especially in the flyover, which matters not a damn.

The vice chairman of the democrat party don't think so...

“It’s almost a crime,” Democratic Party Vice Chair Donna Brazile says. “We have been absolutely decimated at the state and local level.”

The vice chairman of the democrat party don't think so...

I don't give a fuck what she thinks. She hasn't been around as long as I have and doesn't think on the scale that I do. The GOP is why the Dems don't have to be all that concerned.

Will be lucky to have science institutions in the backs of run down warehouses and I fear the majority will just let this country fall apart because of this president. Bush was a far better president but Obama destroyed all he had done.

Obama has divided this nation and handed it into the hands of illogical morons. God, do I wish he never won office! McCain would made a decent president. Obama gave the no government types the argument they have been thirsting for and that is bad.
Matthew PLEASE try and understand when government is FORCED to spend money on ILLEGALS it costs programs that are good investments.

You cannot spend money on crap and expect to have any money left over for waterlines or bridges or roads. All their talking is fine except the money is NOT there until you quit wasting it.

Dream Team:

Uncle Joe for President

Pocahontas for Vice President

Bill Clinton's bogus wife: Ambassador to Leavenworth

Forum List

Back