Democracy & Jesus Christ

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Media’s second choice, Marco Rubio, is sinking media credibility alongside media’s first choice —— Jeb Bush. Media pundits do not need me putting more holes in their lifeboat, but I will use Joseph Farah’s piece about Rubio to help me sink democracy if I can.

Farah begins with:

.. . . Marco Rubio’s poor choice of Rick Warren to serve on his board of advocates for religious liberty.

But quickly focuses on:

. . . Russell Moore, a former Democrat Hill staffer and current president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention.

Marco Rubio fumbles, again
Posted By Joseph Farah On 01/17/2016 @ 3:44 pm

Reading Farah’s article at this point may, or may not, help you understand my interpretation of Jesus Christ.

Before moving on let me say that I know all of the arguments that says Jesus Christ advocated democracy. I do not intend to debate anybody who holds that view. Such a debate must inevitably end in quoting, or discussing, the bible. I avoided those discussions long before I owned a computer. In this thread, I simply want to express my personal beliefs without wrapping them in biblical quotes. Anyway, here goes.

Small d democracy was a political philosophy long before Jesus Christ was born:

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. Plato (424-423 — 348-347 BC)

Democracy passes into despotism. Plato

Democracy arose from men's thinking that if they are equal in any respect, they are equal absolutely. Aristotle (384-322 BC)

For Plato and Aristotle to denounce democracy it had to be a well-known concept centuries before they were born. If not, who would know what they were talking about? let alone record their opposition for posterity.

As I understand Jesus Christ he preached individual responsibility; i.e., do not blame God for your sins, nor should you look to God for material comfort. That is the universally accepted view held by Christians, as well as a core belief held by the faithful in every organized religion.

Logically, democracy, more than any other form of government, is diametrically opposed to an individual’s belief in God.

In short: I believe that the idea of democracy was around for many centuries for Jesus to devote his entire ministry to preaching against the evils of democracy in religious terms rather than in political terms. Much, but not all, of my understanding rests on this fact. There had to be enough people already sick of the concept of democracy for them to readily line up with Jesus.

Parenthetically, Karl Marx never said anything new when he preached his variation of an ancient evil; nevertheless, there were enough people willing to follow him just as Jesus’s had no trouble finding followers who understood his message.

Jesus’ message had to be powerful because Christianity lasted longer than two thousand years under the same name, while democracy goes by many names because evil ideology must acquire political power in order to survive. They cannot survive on religion alone. As sure as night follows day they are forced out of the shadows whenever they call for democracy —— a form of government that abandons God.

America’s evil democracy is that American tax dollars is paid by religious Americans who are forced to contribute a lot of money to advancing democracy worldwide. Every follower of an organized religion would rebel if they were forced to support another religion, yet they do not rebel against democracy.

Media’s hand in democracy

Throughout my adult life media told us that democracy was a good thing. Print actually asked:

1101660408_400.jpg

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1966/1101660408_400.jpg

The question should have been: Did democracy kill God?

My question needs to be asked over and over again in a world where a destructive a form of government is praised by every totalitarian, every Communist, every theocrat, every frustrated crackpot who sees democracy as their ticket to absolute political power. Democracy’s evil provides a path to power for the worst of humankind.

NOTE: Elected officials and bureaucrats are besides themselves with joy every time they appear on television talking about advancing democracy as though the American people are with them all the way. Nation-building means democracy in their sick world. On the bright side democracy did not work out too well in their Arab Spring.

The concept of democracy stood a good chance of disappearing forever when this country was founded, while the First Amendment put organized religion in neutral.

Beginning in the early 20th century one thing was overlooked in all of the talk about democracy: Democracy would become a mass movement made feasible by mass communications.

Woodrow Wilson gave democracy the upper hand in his speech before a joint session of Congress on April 2, 1917. It is fair to say that mass communications gave democracy a great victory on that terrible day. “The world must be made safe for democracy” did more damage to America than did all of the other ideologies and slogans combined —— including Communism’s “Equal distribution of the wealth.”

I could continue with my thoughts on democracy in connection to the New World Order, the United Nations, the parasite class, and much more. Instead, I will close with one observation —— democracy, aided by billions of tax dollars, will march God and America into oblivion.

Media’s second choice, Marco Rubio, is sinking media credibility alongside media’s first choice —— Jeb Bush. Media pundits do not need me putting more holes in their lifeboat, but I will use Joseph Farah’s piece about Rubio to help me sink democracy if I can.

Farah begins with:

.. . . Marco Rubio’s poor choice of Rick Warren to serve on his board of advocates for religious liberty.

But quickly focuses on:

. . . Russell Moore, a former Democrat Hill staffer and current president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention.

Posted By Joseph Farah On 01/17/2016 @ 3:44 pm

Reading Farah’s article at this point may, or may not, help you understand my interpretation of Jesus Christ.

Before moving on let me say that I know all of the arguments that says Jesus Christ advocated democracy. I do not intend to debate anybody who holds that view. Such a debate must inevitably end in quoting, or discussing, the bible. I avoided those discussions long before I owned a computer. In this thread, I simply want to express my personal beliefs without wrapping them in biblical quotes. Anyway, here goes.

Small d democracy was a political philosophy long before Jesus Christ was born:

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. Plato (424-423 — 348-347 BC)

Democracy passes into despotism. Plato

Democracy arose from men's thinking that if they are equal in any respect, they are equal absolutely. Aristotle (384-322 BC)

For Plato and Aristotle to denounce democracy it had to be a well-known concept centuries before they were born. If not, who would know what they were talking about? let alone record their opposition for posterity.

As I understand Jesus Christ he preached individual responsibility; i.e., do not blame God for your sins, nor should you look to God for material comfort. That is the universally accepted view held by Christians, as well as a core belief held by the faithful in every organized religion.

Logically, democracy, more than any other form of government, is diametrically opposed to an individual’s belief in God.

In short: I believe that the idea of democracy was around for many centuries for Jesus to devote his entire ministry to preaching against the evils of democracy in religious terms rather than in political terms. Much, but not all, of my understanding rests on this fact. There had to be enough people already sick of the concept of democracy for them to readily line up with Jesus.

Parenthetically, Karl Marx never said anything new when he preached his variation of an ancient evil; nevertheless, there were enough people willing to follow him just as Jesus’s had no trouble finding followers who understood his message.

Jesus’ message had to be powerful because Christianity lasted longer than two thousand years under the same name, while democracy goes by many names because evil ideology must acquire political power in order to survive. They cannot survive on religion alone. As sure as night follows day they are forced out of the shadows whenever they call for democracy —— a form of government that abandons God.

America’s evil democracy is that American tax dollars is paid by religious Americans who are forced to contribute a lot of money to advancing democracy worldwide. Every follower of an organized religion would rebel if they were forced to support another religion, yet they do not rebel against democracy.

Media’s hand in democracy

Throughout my adult life media told us that democracy was a good thing. Print actually asked:

1101660408_400.jpg

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1966/1101660408_400.jpg

The question should have been: Did democracy kill God?

My question needs to be asked over and over again in a world where a destructive a form of government is praised by every totalitarian, every Communist, every theocrat, every frustrated crackpot who sees democracy as their ticket to absolute political power. Democracy’s evil provides a path to power for the worst of humankind.

NOTE: Elected officials and bureaucrats are besides themselves with joy every time they appear on television talking about advancing democracy as though the American people are with them all the way. Nation-building means democracy in their sick world. On the bright side democracy did not work out too well in their Arab Spring.

The concept of democracy stood a good chance of disappearing forever when this country was founded, while the First Amendment put organized religion in neutral.

Beginning in the early 20th century one thing was overlooked in all of the talk about democracy: Democracy would become a mass movement made feasible by mass communications.

Woodrow Wilson gave democracy the upper hand in his speech before a joint session of Congress on April 2, 1917. It is fair to say that mass communications gave democracy a great victory on that terrible day. “The world must be made safe for democracy” did more damage to America than did all of the other ideologies and slogans combined —— including Communism’s “Equal distribution of the wealth.”

I could continue with my thoughts on democracy in connection to the New World Order, the United Nations, the parasite class, and much more. Instead, I will close with one observation —— democracy, aided by billions of tax dollars, will march God and America into oblivion.

Jesus is a king = 0 democracy--- The way democracy applies itself is enough to make one puke--they fight against everything that is best for the people and accomplish what the rich want--shame on them and then try to pretend they are Christian---this world is so blind. democracy is far removed from God.-- Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided, will not stand.

United States Constitution

Art. 4 Sec. 4 Par. 1

“The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican form of Government.” [Not a democracy.]

John Witherspoon, signer - “Pure democracy cannot subsist long nor be carried far into the departments of state – it is very subject to caprice and the madness of popular rage.”
Zephaniah Swift, author of America’s first legal text - “It may generally be remarked that the more a government resembles a pure democracy the more they abound with disorder and confusion.”
Benjamin Rush, signer - “ a simple democracy … is one of the greatest of evils.”
John Quincy Adams - “The experience of all former ages had shown that of all human governments, democracy was the most unstable, fluctuating and short-lived.”
Noah Webster - “In democracy … there are commonly tumults and disorders … Therefore a pure democracy is generally a very bad government. It is often the most tyrannical government on earth.”
James Madison - “Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.”
John Adams - “Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.”
Fisher Ames, author of the House language for the First Amendment - “A democracy is a volcano which conceals the fiery materials of its own destruction. These will produce an eruption and carry desolation in their way. The known propensity of a democracy is to licentiousness which the ambitious call, and the ignorant believe to be liberty !!
Gouverneur Morris, signer and penman of the Constitution - “We have seen the tumult of democracy terminate … as [it has] everywhere terminated, in despotism … Democracy! savage and wild. Thou who wouldst bring down the virtuous and wise to the level of folly and guilt.”
Samuel Adams – “… it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds …”

Republic vs. Democracy

\

Democracy. Certainly a bad idea when taken to extremes.
I'm not sure what kind of government this country has, but is not a a democracy. Oligarchy, plutacracy. Who knows?
As was mentioned, Jesus is king. Christians live in a kingdom.

Forum List

Back