Democracy died today at 1:30pm in the PA House

The sad truth is that Trumpers can’t wait for our Constitutional Republic to die. They hate everything about democracy. They want dictatorship. Thus their love for Putin, and any other low life to autocrat they can find. Simple as that.
You are the king of hyperbole
I agree. That being said, everything he said is correct.
Reading a book by Erik Larsen called In the Garden of Beasts. About the US ambassador to Germany from 1933-38. The way Trump operated, and those that follow him acted, are very similar to the Nazis. Now, don't overact because I used the N word. Trumpsters think using such words is inflammatory because it conjures up images of swastikas, book burnings, rallies etc, concentration camps. I'm not comparing MOST of those aspects to Trump's minions, just how the Nazi's operated in terms of getting things done - propaganda, spouting easily provable lies, marginalising certain people in society to give their followers a common enemy, trying to undermine democratic processes for their own nefarious purposes. Trump did all those things. I can't think of a more anti-American politician (in terms of the what the country is supposed to stand for) than him. He is an absolute dictator in business. He expected nothing less. Jan 6th proved that.
CNN attacked Trump before Trump attacked CNN.
I know that because I was paying attention.

The sad truth is that Trumpers can’t wait for our Constitutional Republic to die. They hate everything about democracy. They want dictatorship. Thus their love for Putin, and any other low life to autocrat they can find. Simple as that.
Reading a book by Erik Larsen called In the Garden of Beasts. About the US ambassador to Germany from 1933-38. The way Trump operated, and those that follow him acted, are very similar to the Nazis. Now, don't overact because I used the N word. Trumpsters think using such words is inflammatory because it conjures up images of swastikas, book burnings, rallies etc, concentration camps. I'm not comparing MOST of those aspects to Trump's minions, just how the Nazi's operated in terms of getting things done - propaganda, spouting easily provable lies, marginalising certain people in society to give their followers a common enemy, trying to undermine democratic processes for their own nefarious purposes. Trump did all those things. I can't think of a more anti-American politician (in terms of the what the country is supposed to stand for) than him. He is an absolute dictator in business. He expected nothing less. Jan 6th proved that.
Now I am a Nazi? LOL

Come on man. Jan 6th was a mostly peaceful protest as defined by leftists. Good to see you back, Grump.

Trump attacked the Truth before the Truth attacked Trump.
I know because I was paying attention.
You just proved you weren’t paying attention.
Day 1…

The press: Your inauguration crowd was smaller than Obama

The right answer: Inauguration size matters very little to the president.

Trumps answer: “I'm like, wait a minute. I made a speech. I looked out, the field was, it looked like a million, million and a half people.” [Nope]

Spicers answer: “This was the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe,” [Nope]

Day 1…

Trumps answer: “I'm like, wait a minute. I made a speech. I looked out, the field was, it looked like a million, million and a half people.” [Nope]

Spicers answer: “This was the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe,” [Nope]
those are opinions not facts,,

not to mention petty references,,

Day 1…

I was referring to the moment Trump tossed his hat into the race.
Every media outlet attacked him using words that shocked me.
Trump then showed he wasn't going to take their crap by firing back.
You see, fools such as myself actually visit various "news" sites on a daily and hourly basis while you Google for defamations of the people you hate.

The PA State House refused to seat a Democratic Senator today who’s election was state certified because they didn’t like the results.

PA is a gerrymandered state where the Republicans havent won a statewide election in a decade but hold the legislative majority due to the practice of drawing favorable district lines.

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP/KDKA) — Pennsylvania lawmakers returned to the Capitol on Tuesday to be sworn in for the two-year legislative term, facing a still-raging pandemic and a dispute over seating a Democratic senator, with Republicans holding large majorities in both chambers.

The Senate quickly dissolved into chaos.

Democrats in the Senate began protesting — in some cases, shouting — after the Republican majority refused to seat Sen. Jim Brewster of Allegheny County, a Democrat whose election was certified by the state but is being contested by his Republican challenger, Nicole Ziccarelli.

Republicans then voted on a motion to remove Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, a Democrat, as the presiding officer, after Fetterman insisted that Brewster be seated with the other senators. They then voted through another motion to recognize the election in every Senate contest, except for Brewster’s.

Republicans have not said how long they will take to review Ziccarelli’s election challenge before voting on it, or how long the GOP majority is willing to leave the seat vacant. The open seat does not affect the balance of power in the Senate, where Republicans hold 28 of 50 seats.

Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, has issued this statement on Brewster not being sworn in today:

“Republicans in Pennsylvania and nationally have spread disinformation and used it to subvert the democratic process. Sen. Jim Brewster rightfully won the 45th Senate District, but Senate Republicans are ignoring the voters in the district and refusing to swear him in as Senator. This is a shameful power grab that disgraces the institution.
“It is simply unethical and undemocratic to leave the district without a voice simply because the Republicans don’t like the outcome of the election. Voters, not Harrisburg politicians, decided this election, and Sen. Brewster is the rightful winner.
“All ballots were counted and certified, and the results are accurate. Sen. Brewster received the most votes in this race and should be sworn in as the Senator for the 45th District. There is no precedent, and no legal rationale, for failing to do so.
“I will do everything in my power to ensure that voters have the final say in elections.”
The state House begins the session with 113 Republican seats and 90 Democratic, although one of those GOP districts is vacant because of the death on Saturday of Westmoreland County Rep. Mike Reese.
Yet Democrats in the state violated both state and federal Constitutions and election laws during the Presidential election, by-passing the state legislature to change election laws, processes, rules, and procedures to help facilitate the stolen election for Biden.

If 'democracy' died in Pa, it was during the election when Democrats publicly, in plain view, pulled this shit.
There is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about changing state election laws.

If you can citethe specific lawsor constitutional provisions that you claim were violated please do so

theres nothing about a democracy thats worth liking,, thats why we are a constitutional republic,,,
Once again you show that you don‘t understand your own country. We are a representative democracy.

Look at you finally realizing you’ve been wrong about democracy for your entire life so you throw representative in front of it to make it seem legit.
Pathetic.

The PA State House refused to seat a Democratic Senator today who’s election was state certified because they didn’t like the results.

PA is a gerrymandered state where the Republicans havent won a statewide election in a decade but hold the legislative majority due to the practice of drawing favorable district lines.

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP/KDKA) — Pennsylvania lawmakers returned to the Capitol on Tuesday to be sworn in for the two-year legislative term, facing a still-raging pandemic and a dispute over seating a Democratic senator, with Republicans holding large majorities in both chambers.

Democrats in the Senate began protesting — in some cases, shouting — after the Republican majority refused to seat Sen. Jim Brewster of Allegheny County, a Democrat whose election was certified by the state but is being contested by his Republican challenger, Nicole Ziccarelli.

Republicans then voted on a motion to remove Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, a Democrat, as the presiding officer, after Fetterman insisted that Brewster be seated with the other senators. They then voted through another motion to recognize the election in every Senate contest, except for Brewster’s.

Republicans have not said how long they will take to review Ziccarelli’s election challenge before voting on it, or how long the GOP majority is willing to leave the seat vacant. The open seat does not affect the balance of power in the Senate, where Republicans hold 28 of 50 seats.

Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, has issued this statement on Brewster not being sworn in today:

“Republicans in Pennsylvania and nationally have spread disinformation and used it to subvert the democratic process. Sen. Jim Brewster rightfully won the 45th Senate District, but Senate Republicans are ignoring the voters in the district and refusing to swear him in as Senator. This is a shameful power grab that disgraces the institution.
“It is simply unethical and undemocratic to leave the district without a voice simply because the Republicans don’t like the outcome of the election. Voters, not Harrisburg politicians, decided this election, and Sen. Brewster is the rightful winner.
“All ballots were counted and certified, and the results are accurate. Sen. Brewster received the most votes in this race and should be sworn in as the Senator for the 45th District. There is no precedent, and no legal rationale, for failing to do so.
“I will do everything in my power to ensure that voters have the final say in elections.”
The state House begins the session with 113 Republican seats and 90 Democratic, although one of those GOP districts is vacant because of the death on Saturday of Westmoreland County Rep. Mike Reese.
RIP Democracy.:(

Aren't you just the cutest ittle thing. You can't Gerrymander a Senate seat.

/ Thread lol

You don't know what the truth is. You're a Democrat. You lie, cheat, steal, and then play dumb when you're caught.

Who cares.

Now I am a Nazi? LOL

Come on man. Jan 6th was a mostly peaceful protest as defined by leftists. Good to see you back, Grump.
God no. You're nowhere near a Nazi. You're a full on capitalist...;o)

There is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about changing state election laws.
If you are going to comment as if you know something then actually KNOW it. Don't let emotion run your mouth.

No, it is not Un-Constitutional or illegal to change existing election laws IF YOU FOLLOW THE ESTABLISHED LEGAL PROCESS TO DO SO. THIS WAS NOT DONE DURING THE LAST ELECTION.

It has been widely reported that Democrats BYPASSED THE STATE LEGISLATURE in the MIDDLE of the election to change their election laws, constituting violations of both State & Federal Constitutions and Laws. Not only have i but others have already posted the links to support all of this numerous times. Educate yourself.

In Pa, to change election laws a bill must be presented to the state legislature for discussion and a vote. If the bill passes it then must be voted on by the residents / voters of PA for approval. IF it passes in that vote it then returns back to the State Legislature where it is voted on once more to pass it once and for all.

NONE of this happened. The Democrats just changed the election rules / laws in the middle of the election - this is both Un-Constitutional and illegal.

If you are going to comment as if you know something then actually KNOW it. Don't let emotion run your mouth.

No, it is not Un-Constitutional or illegal to change existing election laws IF YOU FOLLOW THE ESTABLISHED LEGAL PROCESS TO DO SO. THIS WAS NOT DONE DURING THE LAST ELECTION.

It has been widely reported that Democrats BYPASSED THE STATE LEGISLATURE in the MIDDLE of the election to change their election laws, constituting violations of both State & Federal Constitutions and Laws. Not only have i but others have already posted the links to support all of this numerous times. Educate yourself.

In Pa, to change election laws a bill must be presented to the state legislature for discussion and a vote. If the bill passes it then must be voted on by the residents / voters of PA for approval. IF it passes in that vote it then returns back to the State Legislature where it is voted on once more to pass it once and for all.

NONE of this happened. The Democrats just changed the election rules / laws in the middle of the election - this is both Un-Constitutional and illegal.
the Constitution gives the state's sole Authority in establishing their own election laws there is no federal guideline. state legislators have full authority to change their election laws at any time.

They do not have to have permission to do so.

the Constitution gives the state's sole Authority in establishing their own election laws there is no federal guideline. state legislators have full authority to change their election laws at any time.

They do not have to have permission to do so.
Nice emotional diatribe, but whatI just posted is the existing Constitutional and Legal process for changing election rules / laws, to include Pa's own Constitutional and state process. PA violated it's own established, existing Constitution and election processes /laws in doing what they did. What do you NOT understand about that? Does someone need to draw you a PICTURE?

I understand you want approval to be given to what was done because it benefitted your desired party and candidate, but it violated both STATE and Federal Constitutions and laws, established by politicians from BOTH parties, violated by only members of 1 party.

Now I am a Nazi? LOL

God no. You're nowhere near a Nazi. You're a full on capitalist...;o)
Damn right! I am Also a full on Darwinist. Weak people make me cringe.

Forum List

Back