Dem Rep. John Lewis Says He’s “terrified” Racist Tea Party Will Tear Obama Down…

Obama is a historic figure for his rise to the presidency. Well worth his award

Who'da thunk that a mixed race black man with a name like Barack Hussein Obama could have risen to the Presidency of the United States twenty five years ago?

So he was awarded the prize for the color of his skin? :eek:

Secretly...he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for protecting the world from Republicans
Is All Sharpton a race hustler?

Let me explain 300 years of slavery, Jim Crow, lynchings, firebombing black schools and churches.....
Yes that does make you a country of racist assholes
For Obama to come from that situation to become president of that country is a historic accomplishment

You do that shitflinger - you going to tell us how black churches were burned when you were a child, just as pathological sociopath Bill Clinton claimed?

Black churches were burned when I was a child.......It was in all the newspapers
Let me explain 300 years of slavery, Jim Crow, lynchings, firebombing black schools and churches.....
Yes that does make you a country of racist assholes
For Obama to come from that situation to become president of that country is a historic accomplishment

You do that shitflinger - you going to tell us how black churches were burned when you were a child, just as pathological sociopath Bill Clinton claimed?

Black churches were burned when I was a child.......It was in all the newspapers

Black History Racist Democrats Refuse to Teach To…:

Who'da thunk that a mixed race black man with a name like Barack Hussein Obama could have risen to the Presidency of the United States twenty five years ago?

Secretly...he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for protecting the world from Republicans

WTF are you babbling about?

Stay on topic

Stay on topic
LOL. You're pitiful.

Just like when Clinton claimed it, huh shitflinger?

{
Bill Clinton's Fantasy #3
"I have vivid and painful memories of black churches being burned in my own state when I was a child."
President Clinton
June 8 1996 - national radio address

THE FACTS #3
"Others don't recall what Clinton does"
Headline in Arkansas Democrat Gazette of a column by Frank Wolfe
June 9, 1996

"I've never known of a black church being burned in Arkansas."
John Ferguson, Director Arkansas History Commission
quoted in the Frank Wolfe column June 9, 1996

"I looked through my files. I couldn't find anything." [referring to the Clinton quote about fires at black churches in Arkansas]
Curtis Sykes, Chairman Arkansas Black History Advisory Committee quoted in the Wolfe column June 9, 1996

"We were just fortunate not to have one." [when asked about fires at Arkansas black churches]
Jerry Jewell, former state senator and former
Branch President of Arkansas NAACP}

Hey, of course you're a pathological liar - you're a democrat.

You're not clever, shitflinger. So you openly acknowledge that the ONLY reason Obama was awarded the prize is the color of his skin, correct?

No, actually I believe the Nobel committee gave a sigh of relief when Republicans were no longer in control

rightwinger: "Yes that does make you a country of racist assholes"

So, where are you from?

Born and raised in Jim Crow America where Blacks were expected to know their place

The same America where Barack Obama's father would have been lynched for marrying a white woman in much of the country

"The Republican Party’s record, by the measures you rightly apply, is not perfect. Any party that claims a perfect record doesn’t know history the way you know it.

Yet always, in both parties, there have been men and women of integrity, decency, and humility who called injustice by its name. For every one of us a particular person comes to mind, someone who set a standard of conduct and made us better by their example. For me, that man is my father, George Romney.

It wasn’t just that my Dad helped write the civil rights provision for the Michigan Constitution, though he did. It wasn’t just that he helped create Michigan’s first civil rights commission, or that as governor he marched for civil rights in Detroit – though he did those things, too.

More than these public acts, it was the kind of man he was, and the way he dealt with every person, black or white. He was a man of the fairest instincts, and a man of faith who knew that every person was a child of God.

I’m grateful to him for so many things, and above all for the knowledge of God, whose ways are not always our ways, but whose justice is certain and whose mercy endures forever."

Mitt Romney

Only an sadistic animal who would drive a car with a dog on the roof or has a wife with MS that rides horses could write such a thing.

When the nation needed sound judgment and experienced business professionals to guide us through the dangerous and chaotic financial passage of the past five + years we could have hired a 25 year business superstar, one who was universally renowned and respected as a miracle worker who rescued the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics from certain bankruptcy and has created hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Or we could have chosen a Community Organizer who had never created a job, had barely worked a job when he first ran for public office, and who didn't even know how to read a spreadsheet.

Liberals can't say SHIT about Romney's hiring process when, after many months of campaigning and anyone could have found out enough about the candidates to see the writing on the wall.

One candidate was a contender.

The other, a pretender.

And who did America choose?

The WORST possible guy!

Obama!

America, it's time you go back to High School Civics class.

Because when we had a chance to hire a world class expert to get our country working again, you chose a failure!

You FAILED!

You failed us.

You failed America.

You failed yourselves.

You foolish people.

Foolish.

It was predicted by us BEFORE HE EVEN TOOK OFFICE but you needed to be "right."

Well, look at what your pettiness has produced.

Now you want Hillary?

Fuck you.

Hell no.

No way that will EVER happen.

Was a great day yesterday, Being with these giants yesterday and fellow arrestees

Just like when Clinton claimed it, huh shitflinger?

{
Bill Clinton's Fantasy #3
"I have vivid and painful memories of black churches being burned in my own state when I was a child."
President Clinton
June 8 1996 - national radio address

THE FACTS #3
"Others don't recall what Clinton does"
Headline in Arkansas Democrat Gazette of a column by Frank Wolfe
June 9, 1996

"I've never known of a black church being burned in Arkansas."
John Ferguson, Director Arkansas History Commission
quoted in the Frank Wolfe column June 9, 1996

"I looked through my files. I couldn't find anything." [referring to the Clinton quote about fires at black churches in Arkansas]
Curtis Sykes, Chairman Arkansas Black History Advisory Committee quoted in the Wolfe column June 9, 1996

"We were just fortunate not to have one." [when asked about fires at Arkansas black churches]
Jerry Jewell, former state senator and former
Branch President of Arkansas NAACP}

Hey, of course you're a pathological liar - you're a democrat.

It was in all the papers

16th Street Baptist Church bombing - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You read that in 1964, did you shitflinger?

So, was this a one time, isolated event? You claimed it happened all the time...

Read it, saw it on the news. It was 1963 shortly before JFK was killed
Surprised you knew nothing about it.

Most were not as blatant as the bomb that killed those four girls. But the burning of black churches was rampant during the civil rights era.....I'll teach you for wanting to vote

There was a string of arsons in black churches while Clinton was president. They even burned down a black church after Obama was elected

Looks like John Lewis still has work to do doesn't it?

Read it, saw it on the news. It was 1963 shortly before JFK was killed
Surprised you knew nothing about it.

Most were not as blatant as the bomb that killed those four girls. But the burning of black churches was rampant during the civil rights era.....I'll teach you for wanting to vote

Still, you had to reach back to 1964 Georgia to come up with an example.

There was a string of arsons in black churches while Clinton was president. They even burned down a black church after Obama was elected

Looks like John Lewis still has work to do doesn't it?

No, there was not a string of arson against black churches;

{
For example CDR lists ten churches allegedly torched in Alabama, but State Fire Marshall John Robison says that only one of these was a confirmed arson. All the others were accidental, undetermined, or weren’t fires at all but vandalisms.

CDR somehow managed to omit three bonafide black church arsons that took place in Alabama in 1994. In two cases the culprits were black. Moreover, the group left out ten black church arsons that took place before 1994, creating the illusion that the burning of black churches is a recent phenomenon.

Even the claim that black churches have been singled out for arson is questionable. In 1995, according to USA Today, there were 45 arsons against white churches and 27 against black ones in the surveyed states.

Other than saying that some black churches over the years have fallen prey to racists, we can’t easily infer motives. "We have not uncovered in [Alabama’s] 38 cases a single piece of information to substantiate racially-motivated fires," said Robison. Further, "There have been no dramatic increases, except for this year because of the media hype." Other states’ officials have told him the same.}

Bestselling author Michael Fumento reports The Great Black Church-burning Hoax.

You're a pathological liar, shitflinger.

Let us see, what exactly does he have to be proud about when someone else gets elected? Oh right he is proud of his racism.

Let us see, the democrats have dominated the government going on 8 years now with arguably a super majority for one year and we see the results.

Notice he doesn't campaign on the accomplishment of Obama but on fear generated over old ladies with tea bags in their hats. Quite amusing, thanks for sharing the morning is a good time for a laugh.
What does John Lewis have to be proud of in the election of the first black president?

John Lewis fought for civil rights and was willing to give up his life for freedom and liberty. The election of a black man as President showed that his struggles for Civil Rights was not in vain

John Lewis is a great American

Once again Jake you add to the humor, thanks. I reviewed his web site and see nothing of note and surprisingly little about black issues. Was one post on LGBT "rights."

But let's see what he wrote about Holder stepping down because finally his corruption and incompetence has caught up with him. There really is only one issue that seems important to Lewis, race. Funny how when race is the primary issue to a white person they are racists, but when it is to a black person it is honorable.

Rep. John Lewis on Resignation of Attorney General Eric Holder The Website of Congressman John Lewis Serving the 5th Congressional District of Georgia

Eyewitness

In 1965, at the height of the modern civil rights movement, activists organized a march for voting rights, from Selma, Alabama, to Montgomery, the state capital. On March 7, some 600 people assembled at a downtown church, knelt briefly in prayer, and began walking silently, two-by-two through the city streets.
With Hosea Williams of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) leading the demonstration, and John Lewis, Chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), at his side, the marchers were stopped as they were leaving Selma, at the end of the Edmund Pettus Bridge, by some 150 Alabama state troopers, sheriff ’s deputies, and possemen, who ordered the demonstrators to disperse.
One minute and five seconds after a two-minute warning was announced, the troops advanced, wielding clubs, bullwhips, and tear gas. John Lewis, who suffered a skull fracture, was one of fifty-eight people treated for injuries at the local hospital. The day is remembered in history as “Bloody Sunday.”

Hosea Williams was a great American. I am as white as they come and I have given a contribution to the Hosea Feed the Hungry and Homeless every year for many years.

He founded Hosea Feed the Hungry and Homeless, a non-profit foundation widely known in Atlanta for providing hot meals, haircuts, clothing, and other services for the needy on Thanksgiving, Christmas, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and Easter Sunday each year. Williams' daughter Elizabeth Omilami serves as head of the foundation.

Forum List

Back