Dem Cori Bush praises St. Louis' 'historic' vote to 'defund' police

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
Yes, the Democrat mayor of one of the most dangerous cities in the world has decided to permanently cut their police force, and she is garnering praise from her Democrat representative, Cori Bush. The stupidity is getting worse, and they are acting on it.

Mayor Tishaura Jones proposed a move that would cut $4 million from the St. Louis Police Department and eliminate 98 vacant officer positions. The plan passed the Board of Estimate and Apportionment 2-1 and now goes to the Board of Alderman, the legislative body of the city, for hearings and possible amendments, before it’s set to take effect July 1.

The plan moves $4 million out of the $171 million police budget to be used for affordable housing, homeless services, a victims’ support program, and civil rights enforcement.

Bush could not be happier -
As St. Louis moved to eliminate millions in police funding, Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., applauded the ‘historic’ vote to ‘defund’ police.

"Today’s decision to defund the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department is historic. It marks a new future for our city," Bush said in a statement.

"For decades, our city funneled more and more money into our police department under the guise of public safety, while massively underinvesting in the resources that will truly keep our communities safe, the ‘Squad’ member continued.

"But even as more and more money has gone into policing, the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department continues to be the deadliest police force in the nation, year after year — all while violence in our communities continues to skyrocket."

Reports show that St. Louis police were responsible for more killings per capita any of the 100 largest police departments, with about 18 people killed by police per million residents, according to a report by Arch City Defenders. But St. Louis also frequently ranks as among the most dangerous cities in America and suffered 194 homicides in 2019.

There you go, St. Louis. Hope you are happy with your elected officials. Another Democrat run war zone.

It is not the cops job to rid a society of crime, only to investigate and solve crime once committed.

Certain societies have failed to reduce crime or make it undesirable to do, and St Louis is n ear the top of the list.

If you are looking for a deterrent to crime, look to your parents or societies leaders.

You could add 5000 cops to St Louis and it would still be a crime infested area, The societal makeup of a large portion of that community dictate that.

Reducing the workforce of the police department just mean more crimes will not be solved, then maybe unreported, thereby reducing the total number of crimes reported , a win in the eyes of the democratic party.

Yes, the Democrat mayor of one of the most dangerous cities in the world has decided to permanently cut their police force, and she is garnering praise from her Democrat representative, Cori Bush. The stupidity is getting worse, and they are acting on it.

Bush could not be happier -

There you go, St. Louis. Hope you are happy with your elected officials. Another Democrat run war zone.
More than anything, I wish she would shut the hell up, along with Sanders , Warren, and many members of the squad, they are a gift to republicans.

Biden does not want to defund the police, in that he is hiring more cops.

Saying that I will only vote democratic from now on. I think the republicans are crazy and want to end democracy and become a theocratic society.

More than anything, I wish she would shut the hell up, along with Sanders , Warren, and many members of the squad, they are a gift to republicans.

Saying that I will only vote democratic from now on. I think the republicans are crazy and want to end democracy and become a theocratic society.
we are a republic not a democracy so what doesnt exist cant end,,

Sorry, SHERI but the Democratic politicians do want to defund the police. Try to pay attention

Sorry, SHERI but the Democratic politicians do want to defund the police. Try to pay attention
Biden is a moderate and he wants to hire or has hired more police. Try to pay attention. Bush is not the Potus.

there will always be crime,, and it will only get worse with less cops,,

but then again youre were only trolling so this goes on deaf ears,,
Yes there will always be crime, that is true. There use to be more crime and the immigration was worst.

Forum List

Back