Deliberating The 'Right' To Kill

For one most Americans support abortion for rape and incest or medical emergency reasons. And America is not a theocracy. So I do not see it happening.

Do you know the percent abortions that occur for rape or incest?

I do.

Let's deal with the so very overused idea of "cases of rape or incest."
The concept that there are "cases of rape or incest" is a chimera.
They really don't exist.....well, the fact is that 98.5% of abortion don't involve either abhorrent event.

The cases in which abortion is for rape, 1%; and .5% incest.http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/psrh/full/3711005.pdf

. The vast majority of abortion performed in the United States are carried out for reasons that can be broadly categorized as “matters of convenience.”

Nearly every abortion is based on convenience.....Convenience, as in having your groceries delivered rather than having to walk across the street to pick them up.....this level of consideration in deciding to execute the child you've created.

In a study of 27 nations, reasons for abortion services were found to be the following:

a. “Worldwide, the most commonly reported reason women cite for having an abortion is to postpone or stop childbearing. The second most common reason—socioeconomic concerns—includes disruption of education or employment; lack of support from the father; desire to provide schooling for existing children; and poverty, unemployment or inability to afford additional children. In addition, relationship problems with a husband or partner and a woman's perception that she is too young constitute other important categories of reasons.” Reasons Why Women Have Induced Abortions: Evidence from 27 Countries

b. A 2004 study of American women yielded similar results: “The reasons most frequently cited were that having a child would interfere with a woman’s education, work or ability to care for dependents (74%); that she could not afford a baby now (73%); and that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems (48%). Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third were not ready to have a child. Fewer than 1% said their parents’ or partners’ desire for them to have an abortion was the most important reason. Younger women often reported that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents.”
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/psrh/full/3711005.pdf

c. We must reject the view that inconvenience of a mother’s informed choice outweighs the unalienable right to life of the child she bears by virtue of that choice.

I never said I see it happening. It's too late to save the culture.
Thanks to the Democrats.

I think using abortion as birth control is wrong. Not everyone agrees with me on that but that is what i think.

Prior to 1880 there were no laws against abortion before the quickening, if you can find any the post them.

Neither was there a law or Supreme Court ruling that abortion is a right, before Roe v Wade. The Constitution obviously says nothing about that, which IMHO leaves the issue squarely at the state level. When a liberal court stretches the protections for privacy into a right to an abortion, that is bullshit. It was and is a clear case of judicial activism, legislating from the bench and ought to be overturned.

I think using abortion as birth control is wrong. Not everyone agrees with me on that but that is what i think.

Empty post.

This is what you said:
"Expecting a modern first world non Moslem nation to ban abortion outright is not realistic."

Realistic: having or showing a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected. Google

I asked you to explain why.....and I might agree with you.

If you think America is going to ban abortion outright I do not see it happening. Like I said America is not a theocracy and most Americans don't agree with banning it totally.

If you think America is going to ban abortion outright I do not see it happening. Like I said America is not a theocracy and most Americans don't agree with banning it totally.

I never said that.

Life and death, murder, is not a question of theocracy.

It jurisprudence.

But I see you're not able to support or explain the term 'realistic.'

I never said that.

Life and death, murder, is not a question of theocracy.

It jurisprudence.

But I see you're not able to support or explain the term 'realistic.'
I said expecting America to outright ban abortion is not a realistic goal. It is like expecting the Ayatollahs to shake our hands and decide it was all just misunderstanding

There is something else that concerns me. If abortion is illegal or more difficult to get will there be a much higher number of women dying from illegal abortions?

There is something else that concerns me. If abortion is illegal or more difficult to get will there be a much higher number of women dying from illegal abortions?

No.

The finest President referred to 'voting with one's feet,' meaning moving to a state whose laws suit you.

Abortion should be a state law.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
10th anendment

1. As an eternal pessimist, watching this once great nation circling the drain, wrapped in a milieu that lacks responsibility and self-discipline, I watch the impending abortion case with no sense of a favorable outcome.
And by 'favorable,' I mean one in which a Supreme Court, living up to its title, says, simply, "No....you have no such right....none that allows you to simply kill a separate and unique human being."

But.....I would settle for a decision that redounds on the original understanding of both federalism, and of article 1, section 8, of the Constitution, which lists the powers of the central government. You will not find 'abortion' listed.

In short, it should be left up to each 'laboratory of democracy,' each state.

2. LAWCOMMENTARY The Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in a major abortion case, Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, on Wednesday.

A Major Abortion Case Goes Before the Supreme Court. Here’s What You Need to Know.​

3. Life is our most basic human freedom, and it should be protected in public policy. From the moment of conception, every human being has inherent dignity and worth. Our laws should protect innocent human lives, including those not yet born, and society should support women who face challenging or unplanned pregnancies.

4. But Supreme Court decisions like Roe v. Wade (1973) and Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992) have prevented the American people, through their elected representatives, from protecting unborn human life prior to viability (the point at which a child can survive outside the womb).

5. Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization presents an opportunity for the Supreme Court to correct a grave constitutional error and overturn Roe v. Wade, returning abortion policy to the states and the American people."

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” Thomas Jefferson.
And based on the above, every conservative is pro-life.

The Democrat view:

"We must rid ourselves once and for all of the Quaker-Papist babble about the sanctity of human life." Leon Trotsky

Certain conditions of human existence should be immune to politicization or legislation. The right to even exist at all, to be born (for God's sake) should be a universal given, immune to any modification by or permission of the State. That our "civilized", advanced nation allowed Roe to happen in the first place speaks volumes about the light years mankind must still travel to reach true enlightenment and compassion.

For one most Americans support abortion for rape and incest or medical emergency reasons. And America is not a theocracy. So I do not see it happening.

IF a woman chose to seek out and suffer an illegal murder of her unborn child then any negative consequences, physical or psychological, could most definitely be considered karma at its best.

Certain conditions of human existence should be immune to politicization or legislation. The right to even exist at all, to be born (for God's sake) should be a universal given, immune to any modification by or permission of the State. That our "civilized", advanced nation allowed Roe to happen in the first place speaks volumes about the light years mankind must still travel to reach true enlightenment and compassion.

I don't believe we're gonna make it.

Myself . . . I am wavering daily between "there's hope," and "mankind at large is done for." Of course, the level of high-octane brandy in my system at any given moment drastically affects my general outlook on the human condition.

I was just thinking, and comparing, the rise of Nazis Germany, as predicted in the classic film Cabaret, and it seems that licentiousness' comes with the great success in a society.
All restraints are removed.

And we have the Wehrmacht....Democrats, in charge today.

Seems to occur with regularity.

I was just thinking, and comparing, the rise of Nazis Germany, as predicted in the classic film Cabaret, and it seems that licentiousness' comes with the great success in a society.
All restraints are removed.

And we have the Wehrmacht....Democrats, in charge today.

Seems to occur with regularity.
Yeah, those Repubs are such saintly angels on Earth..

eyeroll-4.gif

Neither was there a law or Supreme Court ruling that abortion is a right, before Roe v Wade. The Constitution obviously says nothing about that, which IMHO leaves the issue squarely at the state level. When a liberal court stretches the protections for privacy into a right to an abortion, that is bullshit. It was and is a clear case of judicial activism, legislating from the bench and ought to be overturned.
The Supreme Court never said it was a right but the ability to control their own body which is liberty. You have anti-vaxxers who scream the same mantra but you excuse their liberty issues because you want a moral imperative enforced and it will fail as it did before right along with other moral imperatives like the Drug War and prohibition.

Anti vaxxers can cite the Nuremberg Code of 1947 in their defense.

Forum List

Back