Defying the DeSantis Free State

Of course, mini-Trump wants public school teachers monitored but would be outraged if the teachers in charter schools were monitored, even though both get taxpayer $$$.

If republicans are so concerned, send their kids to a private school, religious of course.

Religious schools cost 18k a year on average per student which some can't afford. That's why if we did go that route, parents should get back every dime they contribute to the public schools so they could afford to send their kids where they want. Deal?

Would a fresh mind be one that wants to ban the teaching of Evolution? How about a teacher telling his students that Slavery was a "side issue" regarding our Civil War? Will a new teacher be allowed to teach what Jim Crow really was and how sharecropping actually worked?

No, they just want to make sure their kids are not learning shit like you can be any sex you want to be, white guilt through critical race theory whether they refer to it that way or not, and that man can control the climate or some other outrageously stupid concept.

Religious schools cost 18k a year on average per student which some can't afford.
18K per student?
Can't afford it?
Why not?

That's why if we did go that route, parents should get back every dime they contribute to the public schools so they could afford to send their kids where they want. Deal?
Right, public school is free, why aren't religious schools?
All those donations and taxpayer $$$ and they still rape the parents for tuition.
Figures.

No, they just want to make sure their kids are not learning shit like you can be any sex you want to be,
They don't teach kids that.
white guilt through critical race theory whether they refer to it that way or not, and that man can control the climate or some other outrageously stupid concept.
Not one school in the US has taught critical race theory, plenty banned it before it was even introduced.
Sounds like homeschooling would be the route republicans should go.

They don't teach kids that.

Not one school in the US has taught critical race theory, plenty banned it before it was even introduced.
Sounds like homeschooling would be the route republicans should go.

They are teaching very similar to critical race theory; whitie is evil. You are privileged.

18K per student?
Can't afford it?
Why not?

Right, public school is free, why aren't religious schools?
All those donations and taxpayer $$$ and they still rape the parents for tuition.
Figures.

Public schools are not free. Over half the property tax I pay every year goes to our public schools. That's why parents who want to send their kids elsewhere shouldn't have to contribute one dime to the public school system, and use that money to educate their children the way they want. Like I said, do we have a deal?

They are teaching very similar to critical race theory; whitie is evil. You are privileged.

No, it isn't that's a voluntary guide teachers can use for lesbos, homo's and questionable kids.
That isn't mandatory, nor is it being implemented anywhere.
Just like a suicide guide or a drug prevention guide.

Public schools are not free. Over half the property tax I pay every year goes to our public schools.
No, shit.
I still pay a property tax bill and my kids are grown, 20 years they've been out of public school, some people that own homes never even had kids, and they still pay.
That's why parents who want to send their kids elsewhere shouldn't have to contribute one dime to the public school system,
Sure there are things I don't want to pay for through taxes.
So, everyone that doesn't want to spend their tax $$$ on things they disagree with, should get refunds?
and use that money to educate their children the way they want. Like I said, do we have a deal?
NO, it should be worth it to send your kids to a school that doesn't teach "liberal indoctrination" with your $$$, if you can't afford it, tough shit.

No, shit.
I still pay a property tax bill and my kids are grown, 20 years they've been out of public school, some people that own homes never even had kids, and they still pay.

Sure there are things I don't want to pay for through taxes.
So, everyone that doesn't want to spend their tax $$$ on things they disagree with, should get refunds?

NO, it should be worth it to send your kids to a school that doesn't teach "liberal indoctrination" with your $$$, if you can't afford it, tough shit.

No tough shit at all. Just do things like DeSantis is doing so they don't indoctrinate our children. Then we get what we pay for. Do you have an extra 18K right now? Well a lot of people don't.
if you don't like the way Florida does things, stay the hell out of their state. They don't want you there anyway.

This policy is wrong and indefensible.

A clear manifestation of the neo-fascist authoritarian right.

That conservatives seek to defend this reckless, irresponsible policy comes as no surprise.

Making sure their children are learning actual things like math, science and history is authoritarian? It's reckless and irresponsible to be concerned about your children's education? If you ask me, it's reckless and irresponsible to blindly hand your children over to somebody that may be teaching them social and political shit you disagree with.

No, it isn't that's a voluntary guide teachers can use for lesbos, homo's and questionable kids.
That isn't mandatory, nor is it being implemented anywhere.
Just like a suicide guide or a drug prevention guide.

No, it isn't being used anywhere. People always write books and make videos that nobody will buy. :eusa_shhh:

No tough shit at all. Just do things like DeSantis is doing so they don't indoctrinate our children.
DeSannity is dumber than Trump, just like his cult.
Then we get what we pay for. Do you have an extra 18K right now? Well a lot of people don't.
So, these preachers and pastors, don't want to "save" people from indoctrination?
Isn't that like "hell", but only if you make a donation?
if you don't like the way Florida does things, stay the hell out of their state. They don't want you there anyway.
Born and raised here, as were my parents.
DeSannity' parents came from Pennsylvania, carpet baggers.

Making sure their children are learning actual things like math, science and history is authoritarian? It's reckless and irresponsible to be concerned about your children's education? If you ask me, it's reckless and irresponsible to blindly hand your children over to somebody that may be teaching them social and political shit you disagree with.
Damned right, home"schoolin" is the way to go to "save" the children.

Florida member of the GOP wants teachers to wear microphones while teaching.

Sounds like something straight out of China.

"Republican state legislators in Florida are mulling passing a bill that would force teachers to wear microphones in class so that parents could monitor the lessons they're teaching students."

"CBS News reports that the legislation is being pitched by Florida State Rep. Bob Rommel, who says that he believes that teachers can be monitored constantly without any infringements on privacy."

...and this is bad because?

No, it isn't being used anywhere. People always write books and make videos that nobody will buy. :eusa_shhh:

Well, I could agree with that, maybe there aren't people that buy their books, IDK.
Just like a drug education guide, guiding teachers to be able to deal with a kid's parent or siblings that abuse them.

Well, I could agree with that, maybe there aren't people that buy their books, IDK.
Just like a drug education guide, guiding teachers to be able to deal with a kid's parent or siblings that abuse them.

That's not their job either. If they believe something is amiss in the child's home, they report it to the proper authorities, not get personally involved. They are not social workers because they don't have the training for it. They are teachers. Their job is to teach only. It's apparent that this bill was introduced to keep it that way.

If I pay somebody to detail my car, I inspect to make sure they did it to my satisfaction. If I hire lawn service, I look over their work to make sure they took care of my lawn the right way. if I get a job on a drill press, the QC department inspects my work to make sure the holes are drilled exactly to specification. Oversight takes place in almost all lines of work, so why not with education? After all, the taxpaying parents are ultimately their employer.

I used to teach music at a music store years ago. The parents of younger children would sit right outside my door as close as they could get to hear what was going on. I had no problem with that. In fact a few wanted to be in the studio with us to see what was going on. Again, I highly respected that. I had nothing to hide, I'd answer any questions they may have had, and even instruct them on how to help their child practice the right way. The music store had a speaker in every studio. It was two-way so they could listen or talk. A few times I heard them turn on the mic in the speaker. I wasn't offended. They wanted to make sure I was doing my job.

DeSannity is dumber than Trump, just like his cult.

So, these preachers and pastors, don't want to "save" people from indoctrination?
Isn't that like "hell", but only if you make a donation?

Born and raised here, as were my parents.
DeSannity' parents came from Pennsylvania, carpet baggers.

Now that people elected conservative leadership, maybe it's time to consider moving. Private schools cost money just like public schools do.

Would a fresh mind be one that wants to ban the teaching of Evolution? How about a teacher telling his students that Slavery was a "side issue" regarding our Civil War? Will a new teacher be allowed to teach what Jim Crow really was and how sharecropping actually worked?
Wow, it's either one way or the other with you, huh? :auiqs.jpg:
How about we don't let politics get involved with English or Math? I know, that's asking too much
from wingnuts like you. How about not letting a teachers political leanings interfere with a grade?
How about not teaching CRT or it's concept? Marxists have a problem with that, so if there
can't be identity politics taught in the schools, you'll have a problem with that.

That's not their job either. If they believe something is amiss in the child's home, they report it to the proper authorities, not get personally involved. They are not social workers because they don't have the training for it. They are teachers. Their job is to teach only. It's apparent that this bill was introduced to keep it that way.
No, it wasn't.
Since the nutjobs showed up at school conferences, they want to turn public schools into NAZI Gestapo, George Orwell camps.
If I pay somebody to detail my car, I inspect to make sure they did it to my satisfaction. If I hire lawn service, I look over their work to make sure they took care of my lawn the right way. if I get a job on a drill press, the QC department inspects my work to make sure the holes are drilled exactly to specification. Oversight takes place in almost all lines of work, so why not with education? After all, the taxpaying parents are ultimately their employer.
But somehow no transparency, when it comes to Trump and his cult, my taxpaying $$$, I'm their employer.
I used to teach music at a music store years ago. The parents of younger children would sit right outside my door as close as they could get to hear what was going on. I had no problem with that. In fact a few wanted to be in the studio with us to see what was going on. Again, I highly respected that. I had nothing to hide, I'd answer any questions they may have had, and even instruct them on how to help their child practice the right way. The music store had a speaker in every studio. It was two-way so they could listen or talk. A few times I heard them turn on the mic in the speaker. I wasn't offended. They wanted to make sure I was doing my job.

Forum List

Back