Defying the DeSantis Free State

Florida member of the GOP wants teachers to wear microphones while teaching.

Sounds like something straight out of China.

"Republican state legislators in Florida are mulling passing a bill that would force teachers to wear microphones in class so that parents could monitor the lessons they're teaching students."

"CBS News reports that the legislation is being pitched by Florida State Rep. Bob Rommel, who says that he believes that teachers can be monitored constantly without any infringements on privacy."

Hello police state

No, it wasn't.
Since the nutjobs showed up at school conferences, they want to turn public schools into NAZI Gestapo, George Orwell camps.

But somehow no transparency, when it comes to Trump and his cult, my taxpaying $$$, I'm their employer.

Then ask your representatives for the same. The problem is people who send their kids to private school are in control over their education and know up front what they will be taught. That doesn't happen in public schools.

Then ask your representatives for the same. The problem is people who send their kids to private school are in control over their education and know up front what they will be taught. That doesn't happen in public schools.
BS.
The public schools have a curriculum for every grade every year for every subject.

Educational standards describe what students should know and be able to do in each subject in each grade. In California, the State Board of Education decides on the standards for all students, from kindergarten through high school.

Since 2010, a number of states across the nation have adopted the same standards for English and math. These standards are called the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Having the same standards helps all students get a good education, even if they change schools or move to a different state. Teachers, parents, and education experts designed the standards to prepare students for success in college and the workplace.

The California Department of Education helps schools make sure that all students are meeting the standards. Below you will find information about the standards and the CCSS-related activities taking place in California.

C

A.5.1. United States History and Geography: Making a New Nation: Students describe the major pre-Columbian settlements, including the cliff dwellers and pueblo people of the desert Southwest, the American Indians of the Pacific Northwest, the nomadic nations of the Great Plains, and the woodland peoples east of the Mississippi River.​

5.1.1. Describe how geography and climate influenced the way various nations lived and adjusted to the natural environment, including locations of villages, the distinct structures that they built, and how they obtained food, clothing, tools, and utensils. 33
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.1.1.

5.1.2. Describe their varied customs and folklore traditions. 29
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.1.2.

5.1.3. Explain their varied economies and systems of government. 37
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.1.3.

CA.5.2. United States History and Geography: Students trace the routes of early explorers and describe the early explorations of the Americas.​

5.2.1. Describe the entrepreneurial characteristics of early explorers (e.g., Christopher Columbus, Francisco Vasquez de Coronado) and the technological developments that made sea exploration by latitude and longitude possible (e.g., compass, sextant, astrolabe, seaworthy ships, chronometers, gunpowder). 71
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.2.1.

5.2.2. Explain the aims, obstacles, and accomplishments of the explorers, sponsors, and leaders of key European expeditions and the reasons Europeans chose to explore and colonize the world (e.g., the Spanish Reconquista, the Protestant Reformation, the Counter Reformation). 41
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.2.2.

5.2.3. Trace the routes of the major land explorers of the United States, the distances traveled by explorers, and the Atlantic trade routes that linked Africa, the West Indies, the British colonies, and Europe. 44
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.2.3.

5.2.4. Locate on maps of North and South America land claimed by Spain, France, England, Portugal, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Russia. 28
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.2.4.

BS.
The public schools have a curriculum for every grade every year for every subject.

Educational standards describe what students should know and be able to do in each subject in each grade. In California, the State Board of Education decides on the standards for all students, from kindergarten through high school.

Since 2010, a number of states across the nation have adopted the same standards for English and math. These standards are called the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Having the same standards helps all students get a good education, even if they change schools or move to a different state. Teachers, parents, and education experts designed the standards to prepare students for success in college and the workplace.

The California Department of Education helps schools make sure that all students are meeting the standards. Below you will find information about the standards and the CCSS-related activities taking place in California.

C

A.5.1. United States History and Geography: Making a New Nation: Students describe the major pre-Columbian settlements, including the cliff dwellers and pueblo people of the desert Southwest, the American Indians of the Pacific Northwest, the nomadic nations of the Great Plains, and the woodland peoples east of the Mississippi River.​

5.1.1. Describe how geography and climate influenced the way various nations lived and adjusted to the natural environment, including locations of villages, the distinct structures that they built, and how they obtained food, clothing, tools, and utensils. 33
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.1.1.

5.1.2. Describe their varied customs and folklore traditions. 29
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.1.2.

5.1.3. Explain their varied economies and systems of government. 37
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.1.3.

CA.5.2. United States History and Geography: Students trace the routes of early explorers and describe the early explorations of the Americas.​

5.2.1. Describe the entrepreneurial characteristics of early explorers (e.g., Christopher Columbus, Francisco Vasquez de Coronado) and the technological developments that made sea exploration by latitude and longitude possible (e.g., compass, sextant, astrolabe, seaworthy ships, chronometers, gunpowder). 71
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.2.1.

5.2.2. Explain the aims, obstacles, and accomplishments of the explorers, sponsors, and leaders of key European expeditions and the reasons Europeans chose to explore and colonize the world (e.g., the Spanish Reconquista, the Protestant Reformation, the Counter Reformation). 41
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.2.2.

5.2.3. Trace the routes of the major land explorers of the United States, the distances traveled by explorers, and the Atlantic trade routes that linked Africa, the West Indies, the British colonies, and Europe. 44
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.2.3.

5.2.4. Locate on maps of North and South America land claimed by Spain, France, England, Portugal, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Russia. 28
Suggested Titles for California Social Studies State Standard 5.2.4.

That's all fine and dandy but nobody knows what a teacher is actually teaching outside that curriculum and that's what we're really talking about. Any parent can look up the curriculum but don't know what the teacher is actually doing unless their children come home and bring it up.

Mic's are a little extreme but I believe that there has to be some oversight with teachers so the parents do know what's going on inside that classroom.

Florida member of the GOP wants teachers to wear microphones while teaching.

Sounds like something straight out of China.

"Republican state legislators in Florida are mulling passing a bill that would force teachers to wear microphones in class so that parents could monitor the lessons they're teaching students."

"CBS News reports that the legislation is being pitched by Florida State Rep. Bob Rommel, who says that he believes that teachers can be monitored constantly without any infringements on privacy."

I live in FLORIDA and LOVE the ideal------------time to declare war on inept teachers indoctrinating instead of teaching. Might also provide an opportunity to learn why teachers are failing to teach what kids really need to know.

That's all fine and dandy but nobody knows what a teacher is actually teaching outside that curriculum and that's what we're really talking about. Any parent can look up the curriculum but don't know what the teacher is actually doing unless their children come home and bring it up.
So private schools have camera's?

'The problem is people who send their kids to private school are in control over their education and know up front what they will be taught. That doesn't happen in public schools".

Mic's are a little extreme but I believe that there has to be some oversight with teachers so the parents do know what's going on inside that classroom.
There is, the student can always go to a counselor or principal, with concerns, parent-teacher conferences.

'The problem is people who send their kids to private school are in control over their education and know up front what they will be taught. That doesn't happen in public schools".

There is, the student can always go to a counselor or principal, with concerns, parent-teacher conferences.
That doesn't do any good---having video for communist indoctrinating schools to take to media or play at the PTA would have far more impact...

Kids don't always see what they're being taught as wrong. They're kids, not adults who can make that call.

The teacher I replaced at the music store was just taking the money and not teaching the kids anything. One student he had on book 4 and he couldn't play the first pages of book 1. When I asked him about the previous teacher, he finally broke down and told me they used to crush pages of paper and shoot them in the basket. I approached the mother on the problem and showed her that the kid couldn't play anything and we needed to start from scratch.

The mother quit lessons and came back to the store a few months later to buy something or another. She told me that she found his old teacher and he's on book 4 again. Hey, if that's what you want to spend your money on lady, no shit off of my back. But the point is there are good teachers and bad teachers. Most will teach but others do and teach things they're not supposed to be.

Oh stop it.....you are just upset that the inept dem operatives aka teachers will be monitored for their bad abusive behavior. They already have mics and video in daycare centers--adding them to schools makes a lot of sense.

As far as Lesh is concerned, having a mic in the classroom is a police state but a President forcing people to take medication they don't want or object to is just fine.

That doesn't do any good---having video for communist indoctrinating schools to take to media or play at the PTA would have far more impact...
Or you could have a Trump video.

1642423326744.png

Congratulations to President Xi and the Chinese people on the 70th Anniversary of the People’s Republic of China!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 1, 2019

Kids don't always see what they're being taught as wrong. They're kids, not adults who can make that call.
It all comes out when they bring homework to the house, parents talking to kids at the dinner table.
The teacher I replaced at the music store was just taking the money and not teaching the kids anything. One student he had on book 4 and he couldn't play the first pages of book 1. When I asked him about the previous teacher, he finally broke down and told me they used to crush pages of paper and shoot them in the basket. I approached the mother on the problem and showed her that the kid couldn't play anything and we needed to start from scratch.

The mother quit lessons and came back to the store a few months later to buy something or another. She told me that she found his old teacher and he's on book 4 again. Hey, if that's what you want to spend your money on lady, no shit off of my back. But the point is there are good teachers and bad teachers. Most will teach but others do and teach things they're not supposed to be.

It all comes out when they bring homework to the house, parents talking to kids at the dinner table.
Exactly. If parents want to be that involved then GET INVOLVED

My parents had me working on algebra and Chemistry when I was in 6th grade.

Did physics and went all the way through precalculus...all at home...

What Turtlesoup is talking about is not education. She wants to make sure that her racist attitude isn't undone...

Exactly. If parents want to be that involved then GET INVOLVED

My parents had me working on algebra and Chemistry when I was in 6th grade.

Did physics and went all the way through precalculus...all at home...

What Turtlesoup is talking about is not education. She wants to make sure that her racist attitude isn't undone...
Pray for that kid if she reproduced.
They even bring their kids to the Trump pity rallies.

In this day and age you don't get much conversation at the dinner table unless you are texting. it doesn't all come out in some cases or if it does, months later after the damage is done.

Yes because anybody that disagrees with the left is racist. How about undo her religious beliefs, her social beliefs, her political beliefs that she doesn't want undone? Nah, it can't be that now can it?

Yes because anybody that disagrees with the left is racist. How about undo her religious beliefs, her social beliefs, her political beliefs that she doesn't want undone? Nah, it can't be that now can it?
There's little doubt that SHE is a racist pig...but look at what you wrote.

She wants her kids to share her political craziness (read her rants) and anything that challenges that, she sees as a danger

Forum List

Back