Defund the POlice.

You support police?

Great. Pass the covid bill that funds them

Write one that exclusively funds them. What the commies want is to bail out their failed cities and states. If the cops get some of it, they are lucky to do so. However in spite of the lefts de-fund the police movement, I doubt they'd give the police one dime in those blue cities.

Hey, remember when that was a big thing? What happened?

I told you people that it was bullshit and that it was just meant to rile up the base. that the white libs would not actually do it. And that it would fade away until the next time they need to rile up the base.
Biden never supported it
He just bailed out the people who were violently campaigning for it.
Basically trying to ride 2 horses.

it isnt and NOTHING in the bill says any money is set for police departments.
It has hundreds of billions to offset loss of revenue to state and local governments (both red state and blue) who will have to CUT police and fire if they don't get that funding. So yea...it DOES fund the police.

it isnt and NOTHING in the bill says any money is set for police departments.
It has hundreds of billions to offset loss of revenue to state and local governments (both red state and blue) who will have to CUT police and fire if they don't get that funding. So yea...it DOES fund the police.
No it doesn't it gives federal money to blue states based on unemployment numbers meaning red states won't get much.

You don't know what they will do with the money. The money is not earmarked for the police.

It's the violence that enacted the change. The founders understood this.

And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson.

There are no militia types unless the founders understood this and created the 2nd Amendment also.

Oh I agree that the tree of liberty is due for refreshing. There are a lot of tyrants in the federal government.

If the media evenhandedly "spotlighted" race issues, then I'd be ok with that. Instead, it only focuses on anything that involves white people abusing black people. The media doesn't care when it's the other direction. It also doesn't usually care when minorities abuse each other.

And that's a business decision. If a black police officer killed an unarmed white suspect and it was reported by the media, we white people would shrug our shoulders and say "the asshole must have deserved it." When a white cop kills a black unarmed suspect, by reporting it, they can start protests, riots, get more viewers or readers which they use to increase the price of their advertising. If it's a riot that goes on for weeks and months like the Floyd riots, the media hit the jackpot.
it doesnt have to be a white cop, any cop will do.
True. At this point, people riot over suspects getting shot who chase cops with knives.
The empowerment of thugs over the police is something that has been created by hollywood liberals, race baiting politicians, and the world elite for a huge distraction..... It's all in hopes to stop any hopes of decency, and/or any structural order to continue until either an overall world agenda or multiple in country agenda's are met.. The nation is under attack from within and from without, otherwise as is proven by the rehtoric and the actions that are being seen thus far.

So you're on record as wanting to defund the police

Show us in the bill the earmark of funding the police. You can't de-fund something you haven't funded in the first place. Police departments, like city road workers, like the city Council, like the Mayor, like the animal warden, like the fire department are locally funded. The only people that can de-fund the police is the local government like liberal cities are currently doing.

Why is police department funding a federal concern?
That's a truly bizarre leap of illogic.

Me: I like the color red.
You: So you're on record as liking clowns.

No, I am not on record as wanting to defund the police, I am on record asking you why local police department funding matters are a federal government concern.

No, I am not on record as wanting to defund the police, I am on record asking you why local police department funding matters are a federal government concern.
Really?

You're that stupid?

State and local governments have massive loss of revenue due to Covid. They are looking at cutbacks of police, fire, teachers because of that.

The Covid bill will prevent those cutbacks

You're AGAINST that covid Bill.

YOU are defunding the police

A+B=C. It's not rocket surgery

Really?

You're that stupid?

State and local governments have massive loss of revenue due to Covid. They are looking at cutbacks of police, fire, teachers because of that.

It must be for you because you still can't figure it out. They want to bailout failed liberal cities, but that doesn't mean one dime will get to their police department. That's locally controlled. The big lib cities have been talking about de-funding the police for for nearly a year, and now you think they will take this gift money to keep their police?

It must be for you because you still can't figure it out. They want to bailout failed liberal cities, but that doesn't mean one dime will get to their police department.
The virus has impacted ALL states and cities...red and blue...so your premise is faulty to start with.

Yes...they are ALL looking at cutbacks unless they get this aid

YOU want to defund the police regardless of whether you realize it or not...regardless of whether you'll admit it or not

The virus has impacted ALL states and cities...red and blue...so your premise is faulty to start with.

Yes...they are ALL looking at cutbacks unless they get this aid

YOU want to defund the police regardless of whether you realize it or not...regardless of whether you'll admit it or not

Explain to me how police get de-funded when the federal government didn't fund the police in the first place. You are making assumptions of where the money will go, and also making assumptions of where a city will cut services from.

Again, no earmarks for police in the pork bill. Liberal cities are against their police departments--not for them. Liberals hate police.

Really?

You're that stupid?

Maybe night classes will help you understand rocket surgery a little better, because you aren't getting it. You seem to be a strange little person, making massive leaps of illogic here. First you claim that local governments are enacting cutbacks of local government costs due to loss of tax revenue. While that is partially correct, we CANNOT ignore the pressure imposed on those same governments from the idiots that rioted all last summer attempting to cause this very defunding, committing mayhem, assaulting people and destroying property. THEY have brought this situation to where it is now and people previously sympathetic to their cause are discovering that doing away with police presence at the same time that left wing violence is increasing is not a good thing, but let's move on. Next, you insist in capital letters that I'm against this bill. I don't recall saying that I opposed it. Naturally, any bill written by democrats is going to be so larded up with extra crap that the stated purpose of the bill will be totally lost, but like I said, I don't recall stating opposition. I do recall asking if local police funding matters are a legitimate federal budgetary concern. That alone should disqualify you from any serious consideration but it gets worse. Finally you conclude that I am "defunding the police". Now, let's revisit your equation. As we do, keep in mind that when one of your factors is false, your conclusion is rendered false.

1. JFK was a Republican.
2. Oswald shot JFK.
3. Ruby shot Oswald.
4. Therefore, Ruby loved Republicans.

See how that works? When you base a conclusion on a fallacy (especially when the basis for that fallacy is an unsupported assumption), your conclusion is false. Am I getting through to you? Is this thing on?

Forum List

Back