Deer Farming; For It Or Against It?

"
Who needs to farm them? They're ubiquitous, dangerous, a nuisance and need to be hunted.

There are states with minimal deer left due to poachers.

These states are receiving higher regulations on deer hunting.

(P.S. If you think deer are dangerous..............lol......Why are all Fox News RW'ers scared of EVERYTHING LOL!)

I knew "everyone" was a threat before. But "everything" now?

Did the deer get more dangerous when we stopped using horse and buggy?

If I had a bow and arrow and, literally, crossed the street in front of my house I could legally shoot as many deer as I wanted.

Maybe they're disappearing from some states but not in Virginia.
I had a relative in West Virginia. There were so many deer they were considered pests.

Post would have mattered if small brains had stayed on topic........

We had so many deer in our area in Ohio, that in the spring and fall we had to protect the fields from the deer. They could destroy a crop in a hurry. That is why all you had to do was show the Game Warden the tracks of deer in your fields and you could kill them year round, regardless of season.

We always had venison in the freezer.

We had so many deer in our area in Ohio, that in the spring and fall we had to protect the fields from the deer. They could destroy a crop in a hurry. That is why all you had to do was show the Game Warden the tracks of deer in your fields and you could kill them year round, regardless of season.

We always had venison in the freezer.

*OMG PEOPLE* What does this have to do with "Farming Deer"..

You let the #2 post derail your your opinion about my post........

the "lol" is on you.

Have you ever eaten Deer? It's delicious :thup:

Do you have a brain........have you read the OP at all? Do you know what a Political Forum actually is and why it's made?

I grew up on deer kid. What does that have to do with the OP what-so-ever!

Well clearly you did a terrible job when writing the OP. What are Deer supposed to be pets now?

You let the #2 post derail your your opinion about my post........

the "lol" is on you.

Have you ever eaten Deer? It's delicious :thup:

Do you have a brain........have you read the OP at all? Do you know what a Political Forum actually is and why it's made?

I grew up on deer kid. What does that have to do with the OP what-so-ever!

Well clearly you did a terrible job when writing the OP. What are Deer supposed to be pets now?

I always attack people who "only read titles".........today I can attack someone for doing even less...

If someone can make money farming deer for their meat, and put more venison out there in the public, I'm all for it.

I would love to be able to buy some good venison since the deer here are too small to really get good tasting meat off of.

........I'm embarrassed for this forum at this point. Going to bed......America is better than this.

17 posts in and first actual response to the topic..........

It depends on what the deer farms will be feeding the deer. I like the wild taste of venison. I am a quail hunter and I have hunted the wild ones in their natural habitat and pen raised released birds on private game leases. I prefer the wild ones. The pen raised birds are fed pellets that make the meat taste bland. I wonder if the same affect would happen to farm raised deer. Also this concept was tried years ago with Emu's when cattle prices plumeted in the late 80s. People sold off their cattle to begin farming the high priced Emu's who's eggs were top dollar. Then the bottom fell out of the market and they all went bankrupt.

Forum List

Back