Deep fried meatloaf

I am still excited that Rdean's idiotic thread from earlier today has inspired me to have Mexican tonight. :lol:

I like to try different things. I don't use recipes and I hate boxed dinners. I do all kinds of crazy things. Some times they suck but sometimes they are GREAT
Tomorrow, I am going to try a deep fried meatloaf with ground deer.
Yes, deep fried in a deep fryer lol
My plan is to cook it in the oven like normal at around 325(maybe 350) for about 40 minutes. Take it out of the loaf pan and slice it up into a few slices. Coat it and throw it in. I figure that if I cook it 60% or so it will hold in the basket of the fryer.
I am going to add some bread, egg, parsley, cheese, bacon, salt, pepper, and make a dip.
The dip might be ketchup, mustard and brown sugar? I like to add salt to my flour so I thought the brown sugar would compliment it nicely. A lot of flavors going lol
What you think?
yummy. Deer would be heavy though.

How about adding a little ground pork to keep it from getting dry?

some people just don't like pork.

It's so hard to wrap my head around that, but it's true. I've come to accept it.

Sounds good except for the flour.
I also considered bread crumbs. I pan fried some deer steaks in it the other night and they were great!
In fact, I did some deer steak the other day with bagged pizza crust. It was good, too.

Panko and corn meal makes a killer breading.
Add what ever spices to it you like.

I would definitely give it a try. Sounds pretty good. You could do it with meatballs too. You could also use beer batter.

Picture of the Week: Beer Battered Meatloaf from 1910 Main – An American Bistro
A week or so ago I took a Press Trip to Washington County, Oregon. On day 1 we stopped in at 1910 Main – An American Bistro for lunch. They feature updated classic American cuisine that uses local ingredients. This right here…..this is the hand dipped, beer battered meatloaf with mashed Yukon potatoes, seasonal vegetable (green beans in this case), fried onions and beef reduction. I say I like a lot of things, but really, look at this thing. As awesome as it looks it tasted twice as good.

p5164092.jpg

Forum List

Back