December 7th

Betrayal. Ultimately, history will say it ensured the beginning of the end of WWII though nobody would have known it.

A opening gambit of emotions... You see both of my ex-wife's parents were here on Oahu that day... MIL was preparing to go to church (was about 6 miles the way the crow flies from Pearl) and (they had not met) FIL was Serving in the Army Air Corps/United States Army Air Force (USAAF) stationed at Wheeler Airfield above Pearl by about 14 mile... He was preparing to go on a picnic with friends and his brother on the North Shore...
Both of their lives were changed that day... MIL was 16 years of age and FIL was 19 years of age... They did not meet for another 10 years, but meet they did...
Both never spoke to much about the attack itself but when they did they you could see and hear the emotions they lived with... My MIL was from Hawaiian/Chinese ancestry and was still attending a Catholic High School with plenty of Japanese classmates... They opened their hearts to each other and accepted what had happened and most were friends all their lives... Hawaiians are a very forgiving culture... My FIL was a big ole Hoosier Farm boy who graduated from High School when he was 16 and tested for the Army Air Corps... He was accepted but he needed his Mother's signature... The only way she would sign was if he and his older brother would serve together... It seemed strange to me, but the deal was done... Both brothers was at Wheeler Air Field the morning of 12.07.1941...
One of the many blessings I have had in my life was marrying into the family...
I am thankful that both made it through that day... My FIL lived here the rest of his life... Both have passed in the last 10 years...

What does that mean to you?
Chuck Loeb's birthday, may that brilliant Jazz guitarist, writer, arranger rest in peace.

What does that mean to you?

MJB12741 was born that day and celebrates his 79th birthday today. Happy Birthday Mike!
I was 2 years old the day FDR declared war. But on 12/7/41, I was playing with a toy on the floor while my mother was looking out the window waiting for my dad to come home from work. When he came in the door she told him the Japanese had bombed Pearl Harbor. I remember I started bawling because I thought Pearl Harbor was Baltimore Harbor. After they reassured me it wasn't, I calmed down. I still remember that moment 79 years ago.

Second worst attack on American on territory, not that I expect ya'all to know anything about history. What do they say? Those that don't remember historical shit, get deda vu all over again.

FDR had the oratory skill to recite a restaurant menu and make it sound profound. He used the artistic drama of a Hollywood movie to painfully hobble to the podium to address congress and presto, the worst preventable disaster in American history wasn't his fault, it was "The Day of Infamy". The media immediately came under Military scrutiny and there wasn't a single reporter (who wasn't drafted) who had the balls to question what the hell happened. America was motivated on a dreadful path and the FDR legacy was in the clear.

It reminds me of why my uncle Homer got sent to Iwo Jima and my Dad to the Philippines and then Japan, two uncles to France and Italy, then to the American Zone after the end of that theater.

It finally brought home the futility of isolationism in the modern world, and it also drove home the point there isn't a dime's worth of difference between right wing extremists and left wing extremists; they're all mass murderers and psychopaths.

It reminds me of why my uncle Homer got sent to Iwo Jima and my Dad to the Philippines and then Japan, two uncles to France and Italy, then to the American Zone after the end of that theater.

It finally brought home the futility of isolationism in the modern world, and it also drove home the point there isn't a dime's worth of difference between right wing extremists and left wing extremists; they're all mass murderers and psychopaths.

And of course fdr got elected by lying about his own views on isolationism until he got the excuse he needed to drop the pretense.

... it also drove home the point there isn't a dime's worth of difference between right wing extremists and left wing extremists; they're all mass murderers and psychopaths.

There was more than a dime's worth of difference between fdr and Ralph Carr.

And of course fdr got elected by lying about his own views on isolationism until he got the excuse he needed to drop the pretense.

I don't do fake history; you'll have to find some kids your own age to play with.

I don't do fake history;.....

Apparently, you don't do any history. Consider taking a course or something.

Unlike you, I actually have thomas Fleming's book on FDR, and I' ve read it, while you obviously haven't; unlike you i know the actual sources of your sleazy rubbish and you don't. That's probably because kids your age don't buy and read books, they just ape blurbs and memes they find on web pages. When you ever get a job maybe you can at least afford to get the pdfs or something, assuming your reading and reasoning skills ever develop past your current 4th grade levels.

I don't do fake history;.....

Apparently, you don't do any history. Consider taking a course or something.

Unlike you, I actually have thomas Fleming's book on FDR, and I' ve read it, while you obviously haven't; unlike you i know the actual sources of your sleazy rubbish and you don't. That's probably because kids your age don't buy and read books, they just ape blurbs and memes they find on web pages. When you ever get a job maybe you can at least afford to get the pdfs or something, assuming your reading and reasoning skills ever develop past your current 4th grade levels.

Are you trying to boast about reading A book, Professor? :lmao:

Forum List

Back