Debt is Pushing the US Into Fascism

You can say that, but it's never worked in all human history. Every single time the state prints endless currency, the result in economic ruins and inflation.
Try thinking of money like a circuit; money is spent into circulation and taxed back out. Taxes are used to control inflation which is what destroyed the economies you refer to. Deficit spending is not a good idea when applied to a family budget, but when dealing with a monetary sovereign, more money being spent than being taxed means the non-government, aka the people at large, must gain wealth.
CvJtk3OVYAIL2x2.jpg

Spending deficits are equal to the people's surplus.

It's the other way round. Fascism is bankrupting this country. Dems spend money they don't have to appease the corporations that have bought them.
Rich people are bankrupting the country by extracting more value than they produce with a big assist from the Federal Reserve.

Richard D. Wolff - The U.S. Is Borrowing Its Way to Fascism | Brave New Europe

"Today’s crisis-ridden capitalist economy is more dependent on credit than at any time in the system’s history. More than ever, credit sustains the purchasing power of consumers and of government programs.

"Capitalists depend on that purchasing power.

"Corporations now routinely carry more direct debt than at any time in the nation’s history. Zombie corporations—those whose profits no longer suffice to service their direct debts—now figure sizably in U.S. capitalism.

"Once it was mostly private entities—rich families, banks, insurance companies, and pension funds—that were the chief lenders to corporations.

"They bought and held the corporate bonds and IOUs.

"Now those private lenders increasingly sell their corporate bonds to the Federal Reserve."

Neither. Bezo created all those jobs. Not the workers. Bezos has directed and created the growth of the company. Not the employees.
What role did the Internet play in creating all those jobs?
Bezos simply exploited the politically constructed laws and institutions that structure economic activity in this country.
The US economy would not be any less today if Jeff had been an abortion statistic.
9a64c-iu.jpg

Exploitation and Expropriation, or Why Capitalism Must be Attacked with Equal Force on Every Front

Relentless work ethic.
12-hour days, 7 days a week.
Staying until 3 AM to get products shipped to customers.

Have you done that? Which of the hourly employees at Amazon is putting in that level of dedication? None?
How many hourly Amazon employees have rich parents?

Jeff Bezos - Wikipedia

"He accepted an estimated $300,000 from his parents and invested in Amazon.[35] He warned many early investors that there was a 70% chance that Amazon would fail or go bankrupt."

Bezos is far from alone when it comes to 12 hour days. Many farm workers toil that many hours every week without ever having a chance of owning the farm someday.

In my urban working class neighborhood there are many who work multiple jobs totaling 12 hours a day six or seven days a week without expecting to become rich someday.

Your worship of rich parasites is disgusting.

More Chinese, Russian, Iranian, North Korean propaganda.
Facists_1.jpg

Viewing the GOP convention seemed a little like binge-"waching the last several years’ parade of none-too-subtle signs of incipient fascism.

"We saw extreme nationalism, scapegoating immigrants and foreigners in general, white supremacy, 'strong (narcissistic)-man'government, aggressive foreign policies, and hysterical red-baiting.

"Those signs reflect how capitalism’s deepening crisis undermines both the centre-left (Democrat) and centre-right (GOP) and shifts politics further right and further left."

DEBT responsible for the push to Fascism? No, that would be the Democratic Party, with help from this nation's enemies - China, Iran, Russia, Soros, etc... - they have aligned themselves with / sold out to.
Fascism an indeed “happen here,” but in unique fashion. Fascism, like all other systems, has varying forms. As 20th-century fascisms took shape in Italy, Germany, Japan, and Spain—to take some major examples—the same basic system interacted differently with each country’s particular history and conditions. The fascism where U.S. capitalism is now headed will display unique features as well."

O did a great job of bailing out big banks and corporations, with American taxpayer dollars. Then did almost nothing for Americans who got screwed by those big banks
Obama revealed his true colors when his campaign accepted $900,000 from Goldman Sachs in 2008; it's virtually impossible for anyone to become a credible candidate for POTUS or the US Senate without selling out first.
stacks.goldman.chart.jpg

Goldman Sachs was top Obama donor - CNN.com

It's the other way round. Fascism is bankrupting this country. Dems spend money they don't have to appease the corporations that have bought them.
Rich people are bankrupting the country by extracting more value than they produce with a big assist from the Federal Reserve.

Richard D. Wolff - The U.S. Is Borrowing Its Way to Fascism | Brave New Europe

"Today’s crisis-ridden capitalist economy is more dependent on credit than at any time in the system’s history. More than ever, credit sustains the purchasing power of consumers and of government programs.

"Capitalists depend on that purchasing power.

"Corporations now routinely carry more direct debt than at any time in the nation’s history. Zombie corporations—those whose profits no longer suffice to service their direct debts—now figure sizably in U.S. capitalism.

"Once it was mostly private entities—rich families, banks, insurance companies, and pension funds—that were the chief lenders to corporations.

"They bought and held the corporate bonds and IOUs.

"Now those private lenders increasingly sell their corporate bonds to the Federal Reserve."

We should definitely take advice from the least productive among us. DURR

Sounds awful! You definitely shouldn't lend them any money.

He built the company.
When he took it public, he kept a chunk of those shares.
He didn't build Amazon without the taxpayer created Internet.
He didn't build anything without exploiting thousands of workers and the US legal system's politically constructed laws and institutions which favor parasites in high places.
7511943_0.jpg

How much did Wall Street parasites make from his IPO?

Greed. Without question. As unjust as that is, it’s even worse because that little fucker Bezos has enormous political power, because of his enormous wealth
Faces of Greed: Jeff Bezos

"Faces of Greed: Jeff Bezos
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' wealth increases by $275 million every single day. Meanwhile, Amazon workers have to rely on food stamps and public assistance just to survive. This is what a rigged economy is all about."
Sickening. Yet we have Americans who think he deserves his absurd wealth.

Sickening. Yet we have Americans who think he deserves his absurd wealth.

Deserve has nothing to do with it.
He built the company, the wealth is his.
So he deserves it right?

LOL....

Do you not even see how illogical your question is?

Do I "Deserve" tomatoes for free? Do I? Is there something magical about me, that I just deserve free tomatoes?

But, if I get a pot, and put dirt in it, and plant tomatoes in it, and fertilize it, and water it..... I will end up with free tomatoes!

Because I made it happen. Not about 'deserving' it. I did it... therefore I got it.

Brian Scudamore didn't "deserve" to end up a multi-millionaire. But he got a truck, and started hauling trash. He earned the $900. He bought the pickup truck. He started driving around hauling trash.

Thus he had a company.... because he built a company. That's how life works.

The farmer isn't standing around "I deserve fields of crops". He plows the field. Plants the field. Waters the field. And thus ends up with a field of crops.

Nothing about this, has anything to do with "deserving". It's the natural way life works. You harvest what you plant. You collect, what you work for.
There it is. The old “I’ve got mine, and fuck the rest” mindset. We should change our national motto to this since after all, it’s much more applicable than “In God we trust” or “E Pluribus Unum.” I’m sure you and the Parrot would approve.

Inequality Is America's Monster Id
Privilege and inequality are two sides of the same coin. Those with privilege get more than everyone else without actually creating more value, which is the definition of inequality.
What few seem to grasp is the absolute source of inequality / privilege is our financial system, specifically the way we create and distribute money.
Few people connect the dots between a central bank (the Federal Reserve) creating money out of thin air and giving the super-wealthy first dibs on this new money, and the vast inequalities of wealth and power that are widening to the point of social disorder on a grand scale.

While the majority may not fully understand the source of inequality, they do intuit that billionaires got the mine and the rest of us got the shaft.
Of Two Minds - Inequality Is America's Monster Id

So you can't actually deny a single thing I said... so you made up something I didn't say, and pretend you made a point.

Can I just take this as you saying "I have no valid argument" and move on?

What happens when Bezo is removed as head of Amazon?

Let me give you a hint. In 1995 to 1997, when Steve jobs was gone from Apple... what happened to Apple? Do you remember?

The companies stock value dropped down to 12¢ a share. Apple laid off thousands of workers.
How has Apple stock fared since Steve died?
How about Microsoft since Bill Gates stepped down from running the corporation?
All three parasites earned their fortunes because taxpayers created the Internet, yet Apple consistently refuses to pay its fair share of taxes.
In short the US economy would not be fundamentally different if Bezos, Gates, and Jobs had never been born.

Well if you had paid attention... as I did, because I'm an Apple Computer shareholder.... you would have noticed that shared dropped in value pretty quick when Steve Jobs died.

Now what made them recover, was the fact that Tim Cook has proven himself a capable leader and visionary in his own right.

If Tim Cook had not... I can guarantee you that stock prices would have fallen, and the company would be doing far worse today.

Same thing with Bill Gates and any other CEO that steps down. Find a capable, innovative leader with a vision of the future, is extremely hard, and honestly few people are able to handle all the preasure and responsibility that comes with being CEO.

And we know what happens when you end up with a bad CEO. Where is Enron today? It doesn't exist. Enron was one of the largest and highest valued energy companies in the entire world.... and today it doesn't exist. It wasn't bought out. It didn't merge. It literally does not exist.

So finding someone who has the ability, and leadership, and vision, to grow a company is exceptionally hard.

In short the US economy would not be fundamentally different if Bezos, Gates, and Jobs had never been born.

Depends on exactly what you mean by that.

If you are saying, that provided we have the exact same capitalist economy, and those people had never been born.... then I would agree.

We would not have Windows perhaps, but some other entrepreneurial person would have created similar companies at some point, and we would be using their online service, and their computer operating systems, and their smart phones.

But if you are saying that without any such people, like Gates, Bezos, and Jobs... without any of those types of people the US economy would be exactly the same.... no.

NO you would be wrong. Because we can see what economies without entrepreneurial people is like. Venezuelans are eating cats and dogs, Cubans are stringing 1950s truck chassis into rafts and floating to Miami, North Korea has soldiers eating grass, and a cartel of people smugglers bringing them to the South Korea, and Chinese in Hong Kong live in high rise apartments, while most of China live in mud huts, at least until they moved towards capitalism in the last 30 years.

So no. The economy would not be the same without such people. Such people create wealth. Create jobs. Create growth. Create opportunity. Such people make the world go around.

Forum List

Back