Debate commission says it will mute Trump, Biden while opponent talks

What a sad commentary. The adults have to control the toddler because the toddler is incapable and the toddler’s guardians are unwilling.
Just throw it on the pile of humiliating things we never thought we'd see from an American President.
You pitiful lost creatures have thrown everything at this President during your 4 year hissy fit. Talk about humiliation. You're insane.
All we’ve done is hold up the mirror.

It just amazes me that Trump fanatics blame the debate commission instead of insisting that their leader behave like an adult and follow the debate rules.
My guess is that they either (a) behave like a child in public too, and don't see anything wrong, or (b) live their lives vicariously through him and cheer him on when he says and does the childish things he says and does.

Regardless, not exactly an impressive reflection on either. Or the country, for that matter.

Business men are easily bought and sold.
Yes if theyre not wealthy.
Trump has had some rocky roads in his earlier years, but he learned from it, and then he had it all prior to running.
Like I said, he cant be bought.

Trump will hammer Biden on his corruption. The second he starts they will try to cut his Mic. Good luck. Biden is toast.
TRUMP! should have his flash cards ready to go as soon as Biden starts wandering into lala land. Everybody would be watching TRUMP! and paying no attention at all to Quid Pro Joe. They can mute his mike but he's still on the screen.

Last edited:
Trump has had some rocky roads in his earlier years, but he learned from it, and then he had it all prior to running.

Serious question: how much is enough?

Wealthy men are just as prone to thinking they don't have enough of something and want more.

Trump has a huge amount of debt. He has shown no signs of wanting LESS. When business men are doing the buying (through campaign donations or illegal bribes) - they they can also be sold.

Everyone has a price - if you're wealthy, it just means the price might be higher.

What a sad commentary. The adults have to control the toddler because the toddler is incapable and the toddler’s guardians are unwilling.
Just throw it on the pile of humiliating things we never thought we'd see from an American President.
You pitiful lost creatures have thrown everything at this President during your 4 year hissy fit. Talk about humiliation. You're insane.
All we’ve done is hold up the mirror.

It just amazes me that Trump fanatics blame the debate commission instead of insisting that their leader behave like an adult and follow the debate rules.
My guess is that they either (a) behave like a child in public too, and don't see anything wrong, or (b) live their lives vicariously through him and cheer him on when he says and does the childish things he says and does.

Regardless, not exactly an impressive reflection on either. Or the country, for that matter.
The third was to be a town hall type format. I'm sorry Biden didn't say "take it or leave it."

These filthy, China First animals are going to mute Trump and make it an uncontested infomercial for Biden. I'm not even sure how Trump can accept these terms. They are going to turn a debate into Biden just reciting something he wrote down for a future ad.

If Trump wins, good luck to Western intel. China is going to be playing with a mouse while a handful of lazy "elite". The elite don't have their asses on the line though.

If it's just for the opening 2 min, maybe I it will be acceptable and fair. However, they need to debate back and forth, and who is to know if the won't mute at their own discretion? Like men. Like leaders. May the best man win.

Debate commission says it will mute Trump, Biden while opponent talks

The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) will mute President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden during the two-minute response times allotted to their opponents for commenting on topics during Thursday's debate in Nashville.

The commission said in a statement that it "had determined that it is appropriate to adopt measures intended to promote adherence to agreed-upon rules and inappropriate to make changes to those rules.”

Also included in the debate will be an open discussion forum that won't include the mute option. Thursday’s debate will consist of six 15-minute segments, totaling 90 minutes in all as in the first debate.

Trump's and Biden's initial debate was widely panned as both candidates faced backlash for their behavior. The two candidates skipped the second presidential debate after Trump was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus and declined to participate in a virtual format.

Announced on Monday, the new rule drew scrutiny from the Trump campaign, which urged the commission earlier in the day to include more discussion of foreign policy in the next debate.
But will they mute Biden's mike when Trump is speaking?

This is interesting.

Looks like the debate commission doesn't want to let trump yell over Biden again.

I'm glad. There might be a chance for a civilized debate.

Or trump will just yell without the microphone on.

We will find out.

We'll have to wait until after the debate to hear the blob call Kristen Welker the B-word; he'll likely do it on stage with his mike cut.

View attachment 404228

View attachment 404229

View attachment 404230
I actually fear for her safety. The seething unhinged anger of Trump supporters toward women is well known.
Maybe in the fever swamp, but nowhere else.

Serious question: how much is enough?

Wealthy men are just as prone to thinking they don't have enough of something and want more.

Trump has a huge amount of debt. He has shown no signs of wanting LESS. When business men are doing the buying (through campaign donations or illegal bribes) - they they can also be sold.

Everyone has a price - if you're wealthy, it just means the price might be higher.
Trump is unique in that all other presidents of my lifetime anyway didn't have any personally managed interests while in office. Reagan was pretty much in debt, but no one really saw him as a guy motivated by money. I don't think the Clintons had wealth back in 92, but obviously they made enough to pay Bill's legal fees a vew times over. LOL . Jimmy Carter pretty much ascribes to Matthew 19:24
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

There is no objective support for the assertion that "Trump can't be bought." He's been bought and sold throughout his business career.

How could you possibly know another mans intentions ?

No
Trump has a huge amount of debt. He has shown no signs of wanting LESS.
Can you please elaborate ?
[/QUOTE]
How could you possibly know another mans intentions ?
Trump has a huge amount of debt. He has shown no signs of wanting LESS.
Can you please elaborate ?

Not really...it's my observation - he brags about his wealth, always seems to be trying to create more personal wealth for himself. In terms of his debt, that's been well covered in the news.

"These filthy, China First animals are going to mute Trump and make it an uncontested infomercial for Biden."

They are muting Biden too.

Are they making it an "uncontested infomercial for Trump" then?
I'm so tired of folks talking over each other. I'm all for this. When it's the other guy's time, stfu. You'll get your turn. I'd like the moderator to largely shut up as well. We want to hear from the candidates, not the moderator.

I'd like to see a 90 minute debate laid out like this:

Coin flip to go first.

First speaker gets 30 minutes to lay out the case for their election.
Second speaker gets 45 minutes to lay out their case and rebut the first speaker.
First speaker gets 15 minutes to rebut second speaker.

I'm so tired of Sound Byte communication on complicated topics, and with the News Media Moderators moderating, we get Sound Byte debates.

In light of recent news, the Debate Commission has announced yet ANOTHER 'last minute' change in the debate between President Donald Trump and VP Joe Biden:

President Xi Jinping - latest news, breaking stories and comment - The  Independent

There will be TWO new substitute
moderators: Former President Obama
and China President and Biden Donor Xi

................................................:rolleyes:

The final presidential debate is scheduled for Thursday night with moderator Kristen Welker, from NBC News. Welker's objectivity has been called into question, particularly after she deleted her Twitter account which included anti-Trump tweets.

According to a new report from the New York Post, Welker is a long-time Democrat with heavy ties to both the Democratic National Committee and various big wigs in the party, including Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

In the final debate, the moderator will be able to cut off the mic of Trump after she sets him up like they always do

And any questions about Hunter Biden and the scandal that the news is censoring certainly won't be allowed as a topic.

The final presidential debate is scheduled for Thursday night with moderator Kristen Welker, from NBC News. Welker's objectivity has been called into question, particularly after she deleted her Twitter account which included anti-Trump tweets.

According to a new report from the New York Post, Welker is a long-time Democrat with heavy ties to both the Democratic National Committee and various big wigs in the party, including Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

In the final debate, the moderator will be able to cut off the mic of Trump after she sets him up like they always do

And any questions about Hunter Biden and the scandal that the news is censoring certainly won't be allowed as a topic.

"In the final debate, the moderator will be able to cut off the mic of Trump after she sets him up like they always do"

Will the moderator be able to cut off Trump's mic or both mics? It seems like a good way to avoid the debacle that occurred in the last debate.

When Hunter Biden runs for President I highly suggest the other side bring it up. But Hunter couldn't get voted a job as Dog Catcher.

I would also like to see shock colors and a Fire Hose.

They should start a new forum on USMB and title it the "Where Trumpite Neocon Whackadoodles can whine like little Bitches" forum. There will literally be thousands of threads.

"In the final debate, the moderator will be able to cut off the mic of Trump after she sets him up like they always do"

Will the moderator be able to cut off Trump's mic or both mics? It seems like a good way to avoid the debacle that occurred in the last debate.
She can cut off either mic, but if she is pro-Biden, how do you think that will pan out?

They should start a new forum on USMB and title it the "Where Trumpite Neocon Whackadoodles can whine like little Bitches" forum. There will literally be thousands of threads.
And perhaps conservatives and democrats can stop conversing and end the silly democrat leaning debates altogether.

And perhaps conservatives and democrats can stop conversing and end the silly democrat leaning debates altogether.

Why? People want to hear what their potential president has to say. Now, if I was a Trump supporter, I can see why that is a bad idea. Every time the Orange Buffoon opens his mouth he loses votes.

Forum List

Back