Death penalty is wrong

Until I research this myself, you are welcome to make whatever claims you wish. If you think people on death row don't suffer, you don't know shit about prisons.

Until I research this myself, you are welcome to make whatever claims you wish. If you think people on death row don't suffer, you don't know shit about prisons.

HELL-FUCKING-OOOO! People on death row DESERVE to suffer, and quite frankly, I don't think they suffer enough. How the hell do you think they GOT there in the first place? By being an utter fucking waste.

In his case, having a TV and a radio is too much.

He isn't suffering nearly as much as the guard's family.

LOL that is the point of death row---- they aren't there to have fun. If you did not claim to be gay I would pin your for one of those strange women who marry death row inmates.

Jarvis deserveds to be in prison for his crimes. He does not deserve to be executed, and my prediction is he won't be.

Nonetheless, if I am wrong, Jarvis is still in better spiritual shape than any poster on this forum.

CaféAuLait;1071746 said:

LOL that is the point of death row---- they aren't there to have fun. If you did not claim to be gay I would pin your for one of those strange women who marry death row inmates.[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness for being a lesbian. I don't claim to be one, I am one! I'm the real deal. The stuff of your nightmares, a married lesbian.

CaféAuLait;1071675 said:
An excuse for everything! Its okay he planned to kill a guard and make and pass along the shank he was in gang to survive in prison. GMAB! He put himself in prison because he committed many armed robberies![/QUOTE]

That is true. He admits it. It is his good karma that he was convicted of a crime he did not committ.

Since you apparently missed my question the first time I asked it, I will you again.

He didn't make the shank/knife that killed the guard?

Jarvis deserveds to be in prison for his crimes. He does not deserve to be executed, and my prediction is he won't be.

Nonetheless, if I am wrong, Jarvis is still in better spiritual shape than any poster on this forum.

So.. For his crimes, he should have 3 hot meals a day, a bed to sleep in, blankets to cover himself with, clean clothes every day, a nice hot shower every day?

Shit. I damned well need to change professions. I don't need to work nearly as hard as I think I do.. Commit a few crimes, go to jail, make friends with a sympathetic nutcase, and my life's gravy!

Make any claim???-- That came directly from his book!

Read for yourself ( page 5)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Freedom-Writings-Death-Row/dp/188184708X#reader]Amazon.com: Finding Freedom: Writings from Death Row: Jarvis Jay Masters: Books[/ame]

CaféAuLait;1071675 said:
An excuse for everything! Its okay he planned to kill a guard and make and pass along the shank he was in gang to survive in prison. GMAB! He put himself in prison because he committed many armed robberies![/QUOTE]

That is true. He admits it. It is his good karma that he was convicted of a crime he did not committ.

Since you apparently missed my question the first time I asked it, I will you again.

No, he refused, which is why he was set up. It is his good karma, that he has been convicted of a crime he did not committ. He is paying for past life karma as well as the karma of armed robbery and gang membership in this lifetime.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;1071746 said:

LOL that is the point of death row---- they aren't there to have fun. If you did not claim to be gay I would pin your for one of those strange women who marry death row inmates.[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness for being a lesbian. I don't claim to be one, I am one! I'm the real deal. The stuff of your nightmares, a married lesbian.

My nightmares? LOL Anyone can claim to be anything on message boards--- I am not singling you out. I don't believe 99% of what I read about people on these things,

Last edited:

No, he refused, which is why he was set up.

Ahh....he was convicted of making it but in reality, he didn't. Someone else did
but the other two guys said Jarvis did it?

So...let me guess.....he's innocent.

Just like everyone else in prison.

CaféAuLait;1071757 said:
CaféAuLait;1071746 said:

My nightmares? LOL

Aren't 'big bad dykes' the stuff of your nightmares?

I'm not big. I'm not bad, but I am a dyke. Good enough, isn't it? That's me. Trying to single handedly bring down civilization by living with my darling faithfully for 24 years.

Last edited:
Are You "Death Qualified"?

This article appeared on cato.org on August 10, 2000.

Although recent controversy over the death penalty has concentrated on the forensics of guilt and innocence (such as DNA evidence) and the effectiveness of appointed defense counsel, little attention has been paid to the workings of another vital constituent of our criminal justice system: the jury. Of the over three thousand people on death row in America (the overwhelming majority of whom are guilty), not a single one has received a trial before a jury representative of the community in which they were tried. In each and every case, the juries who tried these prisoners were biased against them.

Few Americans know that there is a unique jury selection procedure for capital cases, known as "death qualification." Any citizen with qualms about inflicting death can be disqualified from jury duty. While most Americans favor the death penalty, many do not. More importantly, many people in the middle of the road do not believe the death penalty should be used as frequently as it is today. Even most conscientious death penalty supporters believe the ultimate penalty should only be approached with fear, trepidation, and solemnity. And yet such qualms can be sufficient to disqualify them from jury duty in a capital case.

Because of this, jury selection in capital cases often takes weeks, if not months, as "conscientious objectors" are winnowed out by prosecutors. Women and minorities are removed from the panels at a much higher rate than are white males. (That may explain why capital juries are approximately 43 percent more likely to sentence a killer to die if his victim is white.) Numerous academic studies show that those who survive the death qualification process are not only biased towards death (instead of life imprisonment), but conviction. People who have no qualms about the death penalty just tend to favor the prosecution - whether the crime is shoplifting, drunk driving, or murder.

In 1986, the Supreme Court ruled that the interest of the State in carrying out the death penalty trumps the right of the accused to a jury representative of the community. If those with qualms about the death penalty were allowed to serve on the jury, the logic went, the death penalty would seldom, if ever, be invoked.

The jury -- historically referred to as the "conscience of the community" -- has now been tamed, at least in capital cases. Only those who support capital punishment are permitted to serve. You have doubts that the death penalty is just? You think the death penalty may be over-used? The states do not want your opinion to be heard in the jury room. After all, one conscientious opinion could make the difference between life and death. And in capital litigation, some prosecutors view life imprisonment as a professional "setback."

Modern death-penalty law revolves around guiding jury discretion into state-approved channels. As Chaya Weinberg-Brodt noted in the New York University Law Review:

"In their desire to eradicate irrational acquittals and nullifications, courts have undermined the basic procedural guarantees granted to a criminal defendant. These guarantees are necessary to preserve a core value of our criminal justice system: a criminal conviction should result only upon evidence of a statutory violation and a determination by the community, speaking through a representative jury, that the defendant's conduct is blameworthy."

It is impossible to preserve the core values of the criminal justice system while trying to concentrate jury selection procedures on the prevention of jury nullification of the death penalty, at the expense of a selected jury. If there is one issue on which supporters and opponents of the death penalty ought to be able to agree, it is that no person should be executed after a trial before a jury that was stacked against them.

Are You "Death Qualified"?

The death penalty is morally, socially and spiritually wrong.

False...

The Death Penalty is the natural order of justice. Where one fails to observe the intrinsic responsibilities inherent in their inalienable rights and intentionally usurps the means of an innocent to pursue the fulfillment of their life by stripping them of their life, they have in fact FORFEITED THEIR OWN RIGHT, TO THEIR OWN LIFE.

Thus it is imminently reasonable, throughly sound and serves immutable justice.

And this without regard to leftists who don't feel 'comfortable' with the responsibilities intrinsic in their inalienable human rights. Leftists you see are ALL about the RIGHTS and steadfastly AGAINST the responsibilities... of course ya can't have one without the other and THAT is why leftism fails everywhere it's tried.

CaféAuLait;1071397 said:
And my father worked with hundreds over his lifetime. Many were baptized and professed to believe. 99.9999 were liars and reoffended or renounced their faith for one reason or another. IN fact one did so in front of the parole board after they denied his parole.

You think this man is changed and he may be-- but he facilitated a murder and he needs to pay, if there were no punishment for murder it would be at an even higher rate.

Jarvis is paying. He is sitting on Death Row now. Every day he faces the possibility of his execution.

That does not mean that his life is meaningless or that socieity is better served through his death.

He is doing a whole lot of people a lot of good.

are his organs in good shape? if they are, let's harvest them so he can help people who deserve it. we can kill him first, of course.

Why kill them first, it's better to use them fresh anyway. Make that the cause of his death. *sage nod*

Forum List

Back