Death penalty is wrong

Jarvis is paying. He is sitting on Death Row now. Every day he faces the possibility of his execution.

That does not mean that his life is meaningless or that socieity is better served through his death.

He is doing a whole lot of people a lot of good.

are his organs in good shape? if they are, let's harvest them so he can help people who deserve it. we can kill him first, of course.

Why kill them first, it's better to use them fresh anyway. Make that the cause of his death. *sage nod*

Hopefully we'll be able to grow them in a lab rather than harvest them soon. Part of me wonders if we'll ever get past the eye-for-an-eye justice of thousands of years ago, and the other part knows what I'd do to somebody who hurts somebody I love. :evil:

The death penalty is morally, socially and spiritually wrong. It is not a good measure of strength, neither does it settle the issue of crime. It is just the bloody thirst of some to feel that killing a criminal would ease their pains.

No one should encourage crime. In fact, society should be very firm on crime, but must address the issue from the point of civilized solution and not follow the narrow path of the criminal tendencies itself. Anyone that supports the death penalty is in support of organized killing. Society for no reason must not be a murderer and supporting such is wrong.

Society or the laws must never be weak, but true strength if anyone truly wants to know comes from the inside. When you forgive and help the criminal to recover their true value and position, you have used one stone to kill many birds. One, you have save a life and may have turn the light to a generation that would bless the world and two, the true enemy is disgraced and exposed, who is the evil spirit. Let us concentrate more on how to fight the evil spirit out of our systems by encouraging good values and taking godly positions.

Hate the sin and not the sinner. Strength is to give life and not to take life. The criminal was wrong for whatever he or she did, but society must show an example of what is right by doing the right thing. Punish the criminal severely within civilized laws, killing the criminal is not civilized.

Wrong, as usual.

The death penalty is punishment, dunce. It isn't supposed to be a measurement of strength.

It most certainly settles the issue of crime. A criminal put to death will never commit another crime.

See how easy that is?

Wrong, as usual.

The death penalty is punishment, dunce. It isn't supposed to be a measurement of strength.

It most certainly settles the issue of crime. A criminal put to death will never commit another crime.

See how easy that is?

Unfortunately, an innocent person put to death cannot be revived. So that clouds the issue.

Wrong, as usual.

See how easy that is?

Unfortunately, an innocent person put to death cannot be revived. So that clouds the issue.

However ... though this was common in some areas a log time ago, we now have DNA evidence, not to mention it takes a lot more than just being guilty of a murder to be on death row.

I'm done discussing this.

Why?

I thought the point of this forum was to "discuss" things.

Must be hard to continue to defend someone who was sent to prison of FORTY counts of violent armed robbery.. forty freaking counts of VIOLENT armed robbery by the age of 18!!! Of course there is no way this man supplied the weapon to kill the guard and conspired to kill the guard—he is just simply too nice. /sarcasm

Sky Dancer’s link to Jarvis’ “story”.

Sentient Times Feb/Mar 06

CaféAuLait;1073419 said:
I'm done discussing this.

Why?

Must be hard to continue to defend someone who was sent to prison of FORTY counts of violent armed robbery.. forty freaking counts of VIOLENT armed robbery by the age of 18!!! Of course there is no way this man supplied the weapon to kill the guard and conspired to kill the guard—he is just simply too nice. /sarcasm

Don't be silly. We're just a bunch of big meanies who just don't understand. We're probably not fit to kiss his boots.

CaféAuLait;1073419 said:
Why?

Don't be silly. We're just a bunch of big meanies who just don't understand. We're probably not fit to kiss his boots.

Quite!

That is what is killing me I have heard more SYMPATHY from Skydancer for Jarvis than the man’s family he conspired to kill (the pain he felt) and the victims of his at least 40 armed robberies! Prison piety AFTER he conspired to kill a police officer is so convenient.

Yukon disappeared? I really want him to answer # 139.

My repsonse is in bold type:

Burp,

You are a very sad person.

Really?

Tell me then, remember that bad guy with the gun who broke into your house? The one who you would do anything to protect your family?
My home has never been broken into. I don't live in that type of neighbourhood. But if it were I don't think the robber would "do anything to protect your family".

Let's imagine for a moment that he was able to kill your 9 year old child (God forbid) before you could get the gun and stop him. But you don't kill him.

He stands trial and is convicted on one count of Second Degree Murder. He recieves a mandatory life sentence without the possibility of parole for 10-25 years.

Twelve years later, he applies and is granted parole.

Your child would be 21...ready to get married, start a family perhaps. Or be in college with just a couple of years left before possibly becoming a doctor or architect.

But it's not to be. Your child is dead.

And your child's murderer is walking the streets.

This is ok with you?

Your's is a hypothetical situation that is used over and over by the right-wing wackjobs of society. It certainly would not be Ok with me and I probably would kill him but that is revenge not justice. We are civilized people, most of us anyway, and we have Courts to deal with criminals. We don't exercise revenge punishment.

Burp,

Really?

Tell me then, remember that bad guy with the gun who broke into your house? The one who you would do anything to protect your family?
My home has never been broken into. I don't live in that type of neighbourhood. But if it were I don't think the robber would "do anything to protect your family".

Let's imagine for a moment that he was able to kill your 9 year old child (God forbid) before you could get the gun and stop him. But you don't kill him.

He stands trial and is convicted on one count of Second Degree Murder. He recieves a mandatory life sentence without the possibility of parole for 10-25 years.

Your child would be 21...ready to get married, start a family perhaps. Or be in college with just a couple of years left before possibly becoming a doctor or architect.

This is ok with you?

Your's is a hypothetical situation that is used over and over by the right-wing wackjobs of society. It certainly would not be Ok with me and I probably would kill him but that is revenge not justice. We are civilized people, most of us anyway, and we have Courts to deal with criminals. We don't exercise revenge punishment.

As I said earlier you want 'em you got 'em --all pedophiles to your neighborhood and rapists-- make sure your kids are locked away okay. You change your lifestyle to assure they can live in comfort.

Would you let Lawrence Singleton live next to you? Because not only do I hear that death is revenge too long of a sentence is "too inhumane" so he could have lived next to your family and you world have been just fine with that right?

Wow ... did Yukon say "I don't live in that kind of neighborhood" and I missed it? Damn ... I hope I get over this illness soon.

Yukon, you do realize that most crimes occur in exactly "that kind of neighborhood" ... the kind where everyone feels safest. Ever listen to the people interviewed when a major crime occurs? They ALWAYS say "I can't believe it happened here" ... ever wonder exactly why that happens a lot? Think about it before you try to reply. The safest neighborhoods are those right next to prisons.

Why kill them first, it's better to use them fresh anyway. Make that the cause of his death. *sage nod*

You are a very distubed and hate filled individual. The type of person who is most likely very lonely, deprived of love and affection, one who pines away with hate. How sad you are, how truly pathetic you are.

Wow ... did Yukon say "I don't live in that kind of neighborhood" and I missed it? Damn ... I hope I get over this illness soon.

Yukon, you do realize that most crimes occur in exactly "that kind of neighborhood" ... the kind where everyone feels safest. Ever listen to the people interviewed when a major crime occurs? They ALWAYS say "I can't believe it happened here" ... ever wonder exactly why that happens a lot? Think about it before you try to reply. The safest neighborhoods are those right next to prisons.

I wonder what kind of neighborhood is "that kind of neighborhood"?

CaféAuLait;1078842 said:

Whoa ... on deeper thought that could be a very ... um .. racist neighborhood, or some other sort of segregation.

You are a very distubed and hate filled individual. The type of person who is most likely very lonely, deprived of love and affection, one who pines away with hate. How sad you are, how truly pathetic you are.

LOL ... little factoid ... they recently discovered that cynics live longer anyway. Lonely ... meh, I have my machines, they keep better company than people like you, and are no less intelligent. Disturbed ... think everyone here already figured that part out.

CaféAuLait;1078842 said:

Whoa ... on deeper thought that could be a very ... um .. racist neighborhood, or some other sort of segregation.

Exactly what I thought. Hummmm :eusa_whistle:

I wonder if these 5 people in Kansas thought they lived in "that kind of neighborhood"?

These people were forced to rape the women in the house with guns trianed on them then the women were forced to have sex with each other then they were all shot in a field in the back of the head-- one woman survived... Hair Clip That Saved a Life....

The Wichita Horror, the brutal murders by Jonathan and Reginald Carr -- The Crime Library - Crime Library on truTV.com

Evil men

CaféAuLait;1078863 said:
CaféAuLait;1078842 said:

I wonder if these 5 people in Kansas thought they lived in "that kind of neighborhood"?

These people were forced to rape the women in the house with guns trianed on them then the women were forced to have sex with each other then they were all shot in a field in the back of the head-- one woman survived... Hair Clip That Saved a Life....

The Wichita Horror, the brutal murders by Jonathan and Reginald Carr -- The Crime Library - Crime Library on truTV.com

Evil men

Hell, our "Green River Murderer" was in "that kind of neighborhood" most of his life, the kind that Yukon thinks is safe.

CaféAuLait;1078863 said:

Evil men

Hell, our "Green River Murderer" was in "that kind of neighborhood" most of his life, the kind that Yukon thinks is safe.

Yup, yup crime only happens in bad neighborhoods----- all those silly home invasions and those little children grabbed by pedophiles ONLY come from "ghettos" don’t ya know?

Burp,

Really?

This is ok with you?

Buzzzzz....wrong.

That isn't revenge (how do you come up with these things?) - that is self defense and protecting your family.

You honestly feel that would be revenge? Explain that to me please.

I'm glad to see at least that you would kill him. That means you would protect your family.

Which, by the way, is all we right-wing wackjobs want to do; protect our family.

Looks like you and "us" have something in common Yukon. We would both kill to protect
our loved ones.

And if you think your neighborhood isn't "that kind of neighborhood," it already is.

EVERY neighborhood is that kind of neighborhood.

Forum List

Back