Death Of A Nation

I'm not talking about America.

I'm talking about the current state of conservative red faced unglued hysteria that is accepted as normal behavior. The willingness to accept any proclamation from someone like Trump no matter how crazy it is. To accept any conspiracy theory as having merit.

The wail and cry from this off-the-map segment of the conservative right is now and will be here today 'well both sides do it'. No they don't. There is not a 'two sided coin' to every thought or statement or movement. What we have today is a coin with a person on one side and on the other side the image of a possessed and demonic Regan from The Exorcist. The false equivalency is in fact one of the fake arguing positions of this fanatical movement. They use all the tools available to blur the picture and portray themselves as just the 'opposition party'.

There was an opposition party 25 years ago. Anyone old enough knows the political parties used to argue loudly about things but they then got the business of the country done by compromise. Today the, call it whatever you like, alt-right, far right, tea baggers, whatever, they demand no compromise and instead demand their political leaders force everyone else to do their bidding and if you don't like it tough shit.

Sorry that isn't how democracy works. It never has and never will. The political death of this fanatical segment of the nation is what is needed.

Leonard Pitts: For the Republicans, defeat is not enough

Very well stated. I'm terrified at the prospect of Trump actually winning and giving legitimacy to all of his imbecile followers.

The fact that the U.S. Senate has had more filibusters during Obama's Presidency than in the previous 200 years combined shows that the Republicans are an obstructionist party, not an opposition party. They have absolutely no interest in governing this country, they only care about power.

Most Republicans are evil people and very dangerous to democracy. Choosing a completely unqualified racist like Donald Trump as their nominee says it all.

I would say there are many sane conservatives out there that see what is happening to the Republican party and are as horrified as anyone. I know they are out there. As Leonard Pitts says in his article, the best solution here would be for the current Republican party to burn to the ground and these people, the sane conservatives that are left, to build a new party of civility and values again. I've said many times if Kasich were the nominee for the Republican party this year I would be voting for him. A great ticket for the country I think would be Sanders-Kasich, which will never happen but this is what is needed. Normal civil adults.

The current vein of hateful vitriol coming from the far right has to go.

I hate to say it, but the "far right" is now the normal Republican Party. That's why Trump is the nominee and all of these modern day racist Confederates are loving it.
No, BOTH Parties have moved LEFT.

It's just that the Democrats have embraced full fledged COMMUNISM.

Now, to the Left, NORMAL is "far right."

You would have HATED George Washington & Thomas Jefferson.

The Repugs have moved left, yet a total racist like Trump is your nominee.

You're a fucking idiot. Seriously.

Well this is the most ignorant post of the week, trump was always a lefty you fuckin moron. For some reason he got posses at the DNC and wanted to fuck them over.

I'm talking about the current state of conservative red faced unglued hysteria that is accepted as normal behavior. The willingness to accept any proclamation from someone like Trump no matter how crazy it is. To accept any conspiracy theory as having merit.

The wail and cry from this off-the-map segment of the conservative right is now and will be here today 'well both sides do it'. No they don't. There is not a 'two sided coin' to every thought or statement or movement. What we have today is a coin with a person on one side and on the other side the image of a possessed and demonic Regan from The Exorcist. The false equivalency is in fact one of the fake arguing positions of this fanatical movement. They use all the tools available to blur the picture and portray themselves as just the 'opposition party'.

There was an opposition party 25 years ago. Anyone old enough knows the political parties used to argue loudly about things but they then got the business of the country done by compromise. Today the, call it whatever you like, alt-right, far right, tea baggers, whatever, they demand no compromise and instead demand their political leaders force everyone else to do their bidding and if you don't like it tough shit.

Sorry that isn't how democracy works. It never has and never will. The political death of this fanatical segment of the nation is what is needed.

Ex-FBI official: Clintons are a 'crime family'

You can see what Pitts is talking about in this and most threads posted here and elsewhere. It is a segment of the population that always existed in the fringe previously but the Republican party brought them into the mainstream and convinced these people their crazy had just as much credibility as rational thought.

Yep, beautifully stated. The Republican Party made these worthless losers feel like they're important.

Exactly correct. The MSM has conditioned the GOP to just stand there and let the Democrats kick them in the nuts, if they dare fight back the MSM will attack them like a pack of rabid dogs. Trump told the MSM to go fuck themselves and is playing just as dirty as the Democrats and the Dem's are crying foul. Boo hoo Dem's :crybaby:

Repugs in the Senate have initiated more filibusters in the Senate during Obama's Presidency than in the previous 200 years combined. They have done everything in their power to obstruct President Obama's agenda. Hardly "just standing there".

You have no idea what you are talking about because you an uneducated, unsophisticated racist Confederate goober.

We sent our senators to Washington to oppose Obama, don't like it find a new country with a different constitution to live in.

Then why did you say Republicans in Congress are just "standing there", dipshit???

God you are dense, did you drink too much last night? Are you a Nancy Pelosi constituent or something?

You didn't answer the question, lightweight, because you can't. You've got no facts, no game, and no intellect.

But you've got plenty of racism and stupidity.

Oh, you may go now I'm finished with you.

The world knows this. Finally SOME are speaking out!

Like another poster said, we are voting Trump to "DRAIN THE SWAMP."

images

The United States isn't a democracy.

It's a Constitutional Republic.

The mob doesn't rule and there's just as much, if not more, bigotry & hypocrisy coming from the far left.

*****SMILE*****

:)

If you don't like the United States you're free to pack up and leave.

Whatever you want to call it. IT DON'T WORK!

images

It's worked for nearly two hundred fifty years and will continue to work if the right people are elected and the corruption that's currently prevalent in our political parties is irradicated.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Guess depends on what your idea of "works" is.

There is only one party in power in Washington DC has been for many, many decades… It's a progressive party.
Earmarks, backroom deals, compromise/concession is just a dog whistle for the fucked up career politician to fuck over the American people.
So get your fucking head out of your ass and man up and quit acting like a fucking pussy… You're just a fucking control freak and you're upset that you can't make everyone believe the same as you do. Lol

Waaaaa I don't like your candidate.

Waaaaa He has orange hair

Waaaaaa, I love lying old corrupt old women.

Waaaaaa, I'm a democrat and wouldn't vote for a Republican no matter what.

Waaaaa, waaaaa, waaaa

Sorry that isn't how democracy works. It never has and never will. The death of the fanatical nation is what is needed.

Amen and thank you! Once again your words are profound and dead on!
Says the PC Washington Redskin.... lol

Repugs in the Senate have initiated more filibusters in the Senate during Obama's Presidency than in the previous 200 years combined. They have done everything in their power to obstruct President Obama's agenda. Hardly "just standing there".

You have no idea what you are talking about because you an uneducated, unsophisticated racist Confederate goober.

We sent our senators to Washington to oppose Obama, don't like it find a new country with a different constitution to live in.

Then why did you say Republicans in Congress are just "standing there", dipshit???

God you are dense, did you drink too much last night? Are you a Nancy Pelosi constituent or something?

You didn't answer the question, lightweight, because you can't. You've got no facts, no game, and no intellect.

Of course you're finished. That's what happens when you cannot answer basic questions. It must be frustrating having absolutely no intellect.

Well this is the most ignorant post of the week, trump was always a lefty you fuckin moron. For some reason he got posses at the DNC and wanted to fuck them over.
Mostly agree, but I think he really is coming to see just how vile the philosophies of the left are.

Took him 70 years, but glad he's growing up.

The biggest damage is being done by the narcissistic hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends of the spectrum. They are essentially functioning as a team, a unit, polluting our political discourse with distortion, denial, deflection, deception, hyperbole and outright lies. The two ends of the spectrum are very similar in their destructive behaviors.

These people have put their ideology over their country, more interested in destroying the other side than anything else. They are crazed, intolerant, hateful and bigoted.
You've just explained the progressive perfectly…:bowdown::bow3:

Draining the swamp by electing an unabashed bigot who is inciting violence by proclaiming the election is rigged. Not to mention that he is a horrible businessman who declared a $900 million loss in one year on his tax returns.

Not exactly a brilliant plan for "draining the swamp", dipshit.

Very well stated. I'm terrified at the prospect of Trump actually winning and giving legitimacy to all of his imbecile followers.

The fact that the U.S. Senate has had more filibusters during Obama's Presidency than in the previous 200 years combined shows that the Republicans are an obstructionist party, not an opposition party. They have absolutely no interest in governing this country, they only care about power.

Most Republicans are evil people and very dangerous to democracy. Choosing a completely unqualified racist like Donald Trump as their nominee says it all.

I would say there are many sane conservatives out there that see what is happening to the Republican party and are as horrified as anyone. I know they are out there. As Leonard Pitts says in his article, the best solution here would be for the current Republican party to burn to the ground and these people, the sane conservatives that are left, to build a new party of civility and values again. I've said many times if Kasich were the nominee for the Republican party this year I would be voting for him. A great ticket for the country I think would be Sanders-Kasich, which will never happen but this is what is needed. Normal civil adults.

Kasich is a cowardly piece of shit career politician who really is a full-fledged progressive… Fact

Of course you're finished. That's what happens when you cannot answer basic questions. It must be frustrating having absolutely no intellect.
:itsok:

Draining the swamp by electing an unabashed bigot who is inciting violence by proclaiming the election is rigged. Not to mention that he is a horrible businessman who declared a $900 million loss in one year on his tax returns.

Not exactly a brilliant plan for "draining the swamp", dipshit.
Says the lemming that drinks the Kool-Aid from the hildabeasts colostomy bag… LOL

You think are fooling anyone? You mean there are GOP'ers that you democrats can make do your bidding for you. Romney,Ryan,Kasich,McConnell etc.

Forum List

Back